PDA

View Full Version : Would You Vote for Rick Perry in the Texas General Election?

michaelwise
03-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Would You Vote for Rick Perry in the Texas General Election?

michaelwise
03-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Voted No.
I would take the opportunity to overturn the incumbent R Governor seat at this point.

NoHero
03-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Maybe Kinky Friedman will run again... or someone better.

White Knight
03-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Probably not. He's a strange mix. A Bilderburger who talks about Texas secession.

Southron
03-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I say no. Unless there is someone I can vote for that doesn't violate conscience I wouldn't vote for governor at least.

Agorism
03-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Probably.

Galileo Galilei
03-03-2010, 04:51 PM
I would vote for a Libertarian Party candidate.

If no Libertarian, then I would vote for another third party candidate.

If no other third party candidate, I would vote for an independent candidate.

If no independent, then I would write in Joseph Stalin.

MsDoodahs
03-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I won't be voting, but I will be putting a Bill White sign in the yard.

:D

michaelwise
03-03-2010, 05:23 PM
This anti incumbent movement is the establishments worst nightmare. Give us someone decent we can vote for or we overturn the seat.

Poll results so far;
Same as Ron Paul's winning percentage in his Texas race. Interesting.

speciallyblend
03-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Hell no

QueenB4Liberty
03-03-2010, 06:12 PM

Why?

I don't think I'll be voting either.

payme_rick
03-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Can't do it... we've elected this fool twice, and each time spent the next three years wondering "why?"... he's a silver-tongued devil...

I'm gunna find the best liberty candidate I can find and vote for them... at least that's my plan so far...

If I can't find one I like, hell I might vote for Bill White... maybe more Texans will wake up when that fool steps in... would be kinda like pissin' on an ant-bed...

MsDoodahs
03-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Why?

The GOP made their choice - I don't agree - so I'm going AGAINST them.

SociallyRenderedImage
03-03-2010, 07:51 PM
In my opinion the current Tea Party Movement has made it impossible for a real grassroots candidate to emerge.

It is too large and too controlled by Dick Armey, the Koch family, Glenn Beck and the US Chamber of Commerce (see US Chamber of Commerce sues Hazleton as cosignatory with ACLU, and ADL).

All things appear to need a filter thru this entity. And really that is the terrible beauty of it. They have consolidated all resistance to a one hour block of "revolution possession" by a narcissistic alcoholic (Beck if you didn't know).

The true battle here should be about dismantling the ability of the oligarchy to take possession of anything. What you have now is a new brand, the tea party brand. Deb Medina was a good example of this, yet she was simply someone the globalists scouted and found was clean enough to get into place. She supports massive immigration and amnesty.

The Tea Party has become another necon brand. Illegal immigration is a rule of law issue-bottom line. That should be the very first question any candidate is asked, their answer will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about how they view the role of government, enforcement of contracts and sovereignty.

No need to hunt for nobility to fill the corroded slots of a broken machine.

haaaylee
03-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Maybe Kinky Friedman will run again... or someone better.

He is running for Agriculture Commissioner

http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/

Imperial
03-03-2010, 09:04 PM
He is running for Agriculture Commissioner

http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/

He lost the Democratic primary in a close race to Hank Gilbert.

Deb Medina was a good example of this, yet she was simply someone the globalists scouted and found was clean enough to get into place. She supports massive immigration and amnesty.

What a clever plan. Recruit Debra Medina to run Ron Paul's re-election efforts for years. That doesn't backfire at all.

And massive strawman much? Even if you disagree with barriers to legal immigration being minimized like Debra Medina would want, she quite obviously campaigned against "amnesty". You have perpetrated a logical fallacy my friend.

As for me, I am supporting Jeff Daiell now. http://www.jeffdaiell.com/ He is the best Libertarian candidate in my view, and likely to win the nomination.

BuddyRey
03-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Not for every head of free-range cattle in Texas.

Athan
03-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I'll vote for Kinky. I'm fed up with this neo-con shit and demand will vote with vengeance mentality.

MRoCkEd
03-03-2010, 09:47 PM
I pressed Yes on accident, usually No is second. Sorry.
same...

Jeros
03-03-2010, 10:03 PM

You are the second coolest moderator on this forum. :D

Kotin
03-03-2010, 10:05 PM
hell no.. in no way does he deserve to be longest serving governor in Texas history..

Agorism
03-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Governors, congressman, senators, etc don't get any control over the military. They influence mostly domestic policy.

The president gets 100% control of the military.

That's why neoconservatism is mostly centered around gaining control of the White house.

So I still think Perry would be better.

Slutter McGee
03-03-2010, 10:10 PM
No. I will not vote for him. I have no problem sacraficing my principles and supporting the lesser of two evils when it may advance my personal agenda or the help liberty in the long run. Brown for example, causes gridlock in the Senate. If Perry was running in a close election with a commie, then yeah, I would probably hold my nose and vote for him. But the Republican Primary IS the election in Texas. I will probably vote Libertarian in the General.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

SimpleName
03-03-2010, 10:12 PM
What you have now is a new brand, the tea party brand. Deb Medina was a good example of this, yet she was simply someone the globalists scouted and found was clean enough to get into place. She supports massive immigration and amnesty.

Do you really believe that? Medina, the anti-politician, a tool of the globalists? I didn't read up on Medina all that much, but what would be the point? Create a globalist candidate to fight other Republican hacks looking to attach themselves to the same movement? Then have Beck attack her and destroy her chances of late-stage rally? Sounds like a big waste of time. Plus, open borders (which would not necessarily rid us of sovereignty is actually quite a beautiful thing in my mind. It isn't workable today for fear of terrorism and welfare abuse, but idealistically, I would LOVE to see it. So I wouldn't mind all that much if she felt that was a long-term goal or an idealistic end.

18% voted YES. That is sad. Perry is an obvious scam artist. If he wins in Texas, he'll have the momentum to swing straight into the 2012 presidential election and that is a frightening prospect. I don't get it. There is the LP, the CP, independents, write ins and everything. Why would anyone vote for this hack? If all else fails, we need to get rid of the incumbents to at least get the message across that we aren't going to take the b/s they throw at us.

haaaylee
03-03-2010, 10:22 PM
http://bootperry.org/give-him-the-boot/

payme_rick
03-03-2010, 10:26 PM
but what would be the point? Create a globalist candidate to fight other Republican hacks looking to attach themselves to the same movement? Then have Beck attack her and destroy her chances of late-stage rally? Sounds like a big waste of time.

Yah, that was my first thought when I read that conspiracy theory...

Imperial
03-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Governors, congressman, senators, etc don't get any control over the military. They influence mostly domestic policy.

The president gets 100% control of the military.

That's why neoconservatism is mostly centered around gaining control of the White house.

So I still think Perry would be better.

Problem is Perry can still make mandates that violate our civil liberties and autonomy of self. Perry can still allow the innocent to be killed by the state, like with Cameron Todd Willingham. Perry can still give massive handouts to companies like Countrywide.

Rick Perry is too dangerous to hold power.