PDA

View Full Version : Closet Gay Congressman to Retire After Sexually Harassing Male Staffer

Epic
03-03-2010, 03:13 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/33864.html

Mark Foley, anyone?

Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) will not seek reelection — after only one term in office.

According to several House aides on both sides of the aisle, the House ethics committee has been informed of allegations that Massa, who is married with two children, sexually harassed a male staffer.

Massa told POLITICO Wednesday afternoon that no one has brought allegations of misconduct to him.

Asked about the sexual harassment allegations, Massa said: "When someone makes a decision to leave Congress, everybody says everything. I have health issues. I'll talk about it [later].”

Edit: Congressman claims it was just language.

dannno
03-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Anti-union vote.

lx43
03-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Dern and here I was hoping it was Ben Lujan the guy running against Kokesh. lol

Bruno
03-03-2010, 03:39 PM
I don't know if the original article changed, but now you have to make it halfway through the article before the word "Democrat" is found. How odd. :rolleyes:

TonySutton
03-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Not to many details yet but not surprising at all. As long as our culture looks down on same sex relationships, gay and lesbians will hide from themselves. They will end up in relationships, get married and have kids only to have their lives crumble to the ground one day, causing turmoil for everyone involved. :(

DaisyFL
03-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Tom Foley, anyone?

Do you mean Mark Foley?

MelissaWV
03-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Not to many details yet but not surprising at all. As long as our culture looks down on same sex relationships, gay and lesbians will hide from themselves. They will end up in relationships, get married and have kids only to have their lives crumble to the ground one day, causing turmoil for everyone involved. :(

Eh... There's two things that leap out at me.

1. There's an allegation of harassment. That could mean an inappropriate "gay joke" or any number of other things, up to and including an inappropriate physical relationship. It's really early in the game to start assuming he's bunking up with a male staffer.

2. If he were bunking up with a male staffer, it wouldn't surprise me either, but not from the same perspective as you. I think being in that kind of position tends to breed a sense of invulnerability, regardless of the genders involved. There've been far too many "heterosexual" scandals for me to actually think it has much to do with being repressed. Some political/richguy wives know precisely the kind of person they're marrying, and do so anyways, sometimes looking the other way as long as they can use the marriage as a leg up. This sometimes means pretending your husband's not banging every woman in the trailer park (I'm looking at you, Hillary) or pretending he's straight.

The "I've got health issues" grumble was pretty sad, though. "No comment" would have probably been better for him.

Epic
03-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Do you mean Mark Foley?

yes, thanks.

BlackTerrel
03-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Eh... There's two things that leap out at me.

1. There's an allegation of harassment. That could mean an inappropriate "gay joke" or any number of other things, up to and including an inappropriate physical relationship. It's really early in the game to start assuming he's bunking up with a male staffer.

2. If he were bunking up with a male staffer, it wouldn't surprise me either, but not from the same perspective as you. I think being in that kind of position tends to breed a sense of invulnerability, regardless of the genders involved. There've been far too many "heterosexual" scandals for me to actually think it has much to do with being repressed. Some political/richguy wives know precisely the kind of person they're marrying, and do so anyways, sometimes looking the other way as long as they can use the marriage as a leg up. This sometimes means pretending your husband's not banging every woman in the trailer park (I'm looking at you, Hillary) or pretending he's straight.

The "I've got health issues" grumble was pretty sad, though. "No comment" would have probably been better for him.

Was about to say the same. He resigns and suddenly "anonymous sources" say he's gay. Definitely could be true - but I'm not just going to believe everything I read - especially when it comes from "anonymous sources".

dannno
03-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Anti-union vote.

First time Democratic congressman.. probably didn't do what he was told.

angelatc
03-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Bruno - "Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) " is how the article starts out....

SelfTaught
03-03-2010, 05:01 PM
http://jeewanjoshi.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/gay-test.jpg
http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/500/***.jpg

MelissaWV
03-03-2010, 05:04 PM
I noticed the one semi-attractive girl, and I noticed that most of the people in that picture are of questionable age. I noticed the guy because he's acting like a moron.

dannno
03-03-2010, 05:09 PM
I noticed the one semi-attractive girl, and I noticed that most of the people in that picture are of questionable age. I noticed the guy because he's acting like a moron.

Ya, but we already know you're bi.

MelissaWV
03-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Pics removed cuz dannno already saw them :p

dannno
03-03-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm not really into little young ballerinas with faerie wings for some reason... I must be gay.

I don't think you understand that particular definition of the word gay :p

I like all kinds of girls of all kinds of sizes (though I prefer skinny, medium with a big upper body is also fine)

jclay2
03-03-2010, 05:27 PM

Don't blame other people for this guys dumb decisions. The congressman is the sole person responsible.

Jeremy
03-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Who said he's gay?

SelfTaught
03-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I like all kinds of girls of all kinds of sizes (though I prefer skinny, medium with a big upper body is also fine)

Kinda like this?

http://www.eatliver.com/img/2007/2637.jpg

I can't believe you like that. Dude, you're sick.

dannno
03-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Kinda like this?

http://www.eatliver.com/img/2007/2637.jpg

I can't believe you like that. Dude, you're sick.

I can't see that picture, but, by "big upper body", I meant huge tits.

Bruno
03-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Bruno - "Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) " is how the article starts out....

Click on the Politico link in the OP. If it said that in the first sentence, it doesn't anymore. I read the article originally a few hours ago, and did an edit/find for Democrat, which wasn't found until further on in the article. Now, it is in the 2nd paragraph. Seems like the article has been edited a few times.

First-term Rep. Eric Massa announced Wednesday that he will not seek reelection, saying his doctors have told him that he can’t continue to “run at 100 miles an hour.”

But several House aides told POLITICO that the House ethics committee has been informed of allegations that the New York Democrat, who is married with two children, made unwanted advances toward a junior male staffer.

A more senior staffer — Ronald Hikel, Massa’s former deputy chief of staff and legislative director — took the complaints to the ethics committee and was interviewed about them twice.

Hikel declined to comment about the situation, but House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) confirmed that the Democratic leadership had been informed of the allegations before the news broke.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/33864.html#ixzz0hA5twa46