PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find this ironic?

andrewh817
03-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Me: In a nation where ignorance of the law is no excuse, THEY DON'T TEACH LAW IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS!

Statist: "Well it's impossible to teach the law in school because it takes too long!"

Me: Exactly my damn point........ it's literally impossible to learn every law in existence, especially with new ones being passed every single year! So if teaching all law is not an option, then ignorance of the laws that are not taught in school IS a valid excuse.

Statist: BUT WAIT! A government can't function if people can just say they didn't know they were breaking the law!

Me: Then there's only two viable options to solve this contradiction..... abolish the laws that won't be taught in school, or abolish the government. If you want a government, then either stop saying "Ignorance of the law is no excuse!" or join the government and fight to abolish the unnecessary or harmful laws.

Statist: Well you're the one complaining so why don't you join the government and change it!

Me: Because I'm against the government as an institution....... I'm not going to join the Mafia to try and make it more peaceful because it's an inherently violent organization.

Any rebuttals?