PDA

View Full Version : The Cafferty File: Ron Paul mentioned

Kuldebar
06-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Jack Cafferty (http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/situation.room/blog/) on CNN's The Situation Room favorably characterized Ron Paul in response to a reader e-mail that stated that "every single candidate on that stage" had supported Bush completely for the last 7 years.

Jack Cafferty, being a class act, pointed out that the single exception was Ron Paul.

The transcript (http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/sitroom.html) should be available soon, it would make a great quote.

slantedview
06-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I am amazed. Last night in the post-debate analysis and commentary, I heard over and over and over "all the candidates agree on Iraq".... EXCEPT RON PAUL! Nobody mentioned him at all.

Kuldebar
06-06-2007, 06:16 PM
I am amazed. Last night in the post-debate analysis and commentary, I heard over and over and over "all the candidates agree on Iraq".... EXCEPT RON PAUL! Nobody mentioned him at all.

I still don't know how to classify that typical media misdirection. Is it journalistic incompetence, bias or purposeful, planned misinformation? Either way, it's reprehensible. Occasionally people like Cafferty can get in some glimmers of truth. But, they only have him on for "flavor". Earlier in the program today when discussing Bush's latest plan to put missiles in Europe, Cafferty called Blitzer's assessment "BULL" and said the plan was simply another way of getting more money to military contractors and nothing to do with defense against Iran. Which to me is obvious, except to Blizter apparently.

james1906
06-06-2007, 07:29 PM
jon stewart's america book had that part that skewers cable tv news channels. on part was the curmudgeon that reads your emails. that's cafferty.

Kuldebar
06-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Power to curmudgeons!

The older I get, the more curmudgeony I get!

But, I do like seeing someone say, "Bull!" on national TV especially in response to a dimwitted journo like Blitzer.