PDA

View Full Version : NC's Governor Bev Perdue spemds Federal Stimulus

GunnyFreedom
03-03-2010, 01:04 PM
http://www.nccivitas.org/media/publication-archive/policy-brief/hot-flashes-dead-bugs-and-cocaine-monkeys-10-worst-federal-st

1. Study of monkeys using cocaine: $71,623

2. North Carolina Dance Theatre: $50,000

3. Reducing hot flashes through yoga: $147,694

4. Collecting, researching and reporting on the stimulus act: $115,000; $150,000; $227,940 Total: $492,940

5. Create interactive dance performance technology: $762,372

6. American Dance Festival, Inc.: $50,000

7. Construction of a new Town Hall in Bladenboro: $200,000; $100,000 Total: $300,000

8. North Carolina Folk Life Institute: $25,000

9. Preservation of an insect collection at North Carolina State: $253,123

10. Greensboro Symphony Orchestra: $50,000

RM918
03-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Stealing money from taxpayers and paying a bunch of guys to watch monkeys get high: Priceless.

sluggo
03-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Down here in Wilmington they are using stimulus money to create a bike trail.

Southron
03-03-2010, 02:23 PM
I hope we have our "Debra Medina" when it's time for her reelection.

LittleLightShining
03-03-2010, 02:25 PM
An awful lot of money going to dance...

GunnyFreedom
03-03-2010, 02:41 PM
An awful lot of money going to dance...

NC Results of Federal stimulus: Dancing crack-monkeys. :rolleyes:

I have no doubt that this will be the "interpretive" sort of dance that seems to attract the radical left.

BenIsForRon
03-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Business as usual. Perdue obviously thinks we're still in the middle of the housing bubble, and NC has so much money we can just throw it anywhere and no one will give a damn.

Down here in Wilmington they are using stimulus money to create a bike trail.

That's better than all the stuff Perdue's doing. Bike trails can actually be used to get people to work and school.

Jdreiner
03-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Can't say that I'm the least bit surprised. :|

lx43
03-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Gunny: name some programs or departments you would you like to see cut from NC's state budget. Your webpage didn't mention anything really from what I can see.

sluggo
03-03-2010, 03:56 PM
That's better than all the stuff Perdue's doing. Bike trails can actually be used to get people to work and school.

It ain't that kind of trail.

This one takes people to the beach.

devil21
03-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Im sure this is par for the course across the country. NC is in pretty bad shape but it's not like we own the patent on stupid spending.

GunnyFreedom
03-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Gunny: name some programs or departments you would you like to see cut from NC's state budget. Your webpage didn't mention anything really from what I can see.

Well, the biggest hit is in salaries. There is (by my reckoning) $403.8 Million in salaries alone projected for 2010-2011, in just 1 of the 5 separate segments. I am working the budget right now, but as you can imagine it's a nightmare. The Governor's proposed budget lists each and every single post-it note in an attempt to obfuscate spending. I am currently working with an accountant to make sense of it to better tell you what should be cut and what should be reduced.

Hopefully I can get a specific answer to you on that soonest. I plan on having an answer to Perdue's budget proposal by Monday.

GunnyFreedom
03-03-2010, 04:32 PM
By the way, the complete proposed budget (including the Governor's "spun" budget summary) can be found at the webpage here (http://www.osbm.state.nc.us/ncosbm/osbm_library/superpubs/bgt0911.shtm). It is absolutely an exercise in frustration to even try and go through this.

dgr
03-03-2010, 06:20 PM
NC's claim to fame on recovery.org money to 6 districts that don't exist.
Don't forget the NC Budget more money to the Tea Pot Musuem ,more money to the Randy Partin Theartor, Railroads again got another $250,000 for improvements and still got their $15 million gas tax emption again. And wait until you find out about the P21 education plan that is linked to all this funding for internet, computers, and the Dell deal

TCE
03-03-2010, 06:26 PM

He has to be very careful about that. I would recommend just vaguely stating that he'd cut some programs, otherwise some people are going to get angry. It is a traditional trick used by politicians, don't claim what you're going to cut until the election is over. Unfortunately, most politicians end up cutting nothing and actually spending more, but we know Gunny is better than that.

Gunny: If you make this You vs. Bev Perdue, you stand a great chance. You obviously have a higher approval rating than 30%. I like the counter-budget strategy. Using Rick Perry's strategy of You vs. Washington could also work. Have fun with it.

BenIsForRon
03-03-2010, 06:35 PM
It ain't that kind of trail.

This one takes people to the beach.

I'd be pretty excited about that if I lived in Wilmington. It'd be nice if they found a way to spend their own money on that, but at the stimulus cash isn't going to more of Perdue's pet projects.

GunnyFreedom
03-03-2010, 06:41 PM
I'd be pretty excited about that if I lived in Wilmington. It'd be nice if they found a way to spend their own money on that, but at the stimulus cash isn't going to more of Perdue's pet projects.

No, but it does enable her to spend general fund money on her own pet projects.

Southron
03-03-2010, 06:46 PM
I remember all the tax break bribes we gave Dell and the plant will probably be closed by this summer.

GunnyFreedom
03-03-2010, 06:49 PM
He has to be very careful about that. I would recommend just vaguely stating that he'd cut some programs, otherwise some people are going to get angry. It is a traditional trick used by politicians, don't claim what you're going to cut until the election is over. Unfortunately, most politicians end up cutting nothing and actually spending more, but we know Gunny is better than that.

Well, we're looking for obvious egregious examples, pork, and corruption. That way I can be specific without angering people. For instance, if I can say something like, "The NC Department of Education spent $1.5 Million on paper during 2009, which if they switched to this company offering 100% post-consumer recycled paper at $X price, we could have saved $500,000." It appeals to both sides of the aisle, you see? If, on the other hand, I said, "We should cut the NCDOE by half a million dollars" it WOULD piss people off, but the two statements actually amount to the same thing.

As to the larger cuts, indeed, some departments and programs need to be cut wholesale, but they are not as obvious on the State level as they are on the Federal level, given that most of the powers co-opted by the Federal Government are in fact reserved to the States.

Gunny: If you make this You vs. Bev Perdue, you stand a great chance. You obviously have a higher approval rating than 30%. I like the counter-budget strategy. Using Rick Perry's strategy of You vs. Washington could also work. Have fun with it.

That is a pretty large part of the strategy,yes. My general opponent seems to lap-dog after Perdue, so it should be an easy tie in. :D

BillyDkid
03-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Hey, it's all "stimulus" right??? Isn't that the argument? It doesn't matter what you spend it on, just as long as you spend it - even if you don't have it.

GunnyFreedom
03-03-2010, 06:55 PM
I remember all the tax break bribes we gave Dell and the plant will probably be closed by this summer.

Yeah, the Dell debacle was pretty bad, and so was the Flextronics bust not 3 miles from my house.

GunnyFreedom
03-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Hey, it's all "stimulus" right??? Isn't that the argument? It doesn't matter what you spend it on, just as long as you spend it - even if you don't have it.

That's what they tell the married couple with 2.5 kids.... lol as long as they had a mortgage to back it up :rolleyes:

TCE
03-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Well, we're looking for obvious egregious examples, pork, and corruption. That way I can be specific without angering people. For instance, if I can say something like, "The NC Department of Education spent $1.5 Million on paper during 2009, which if they switched to this company offering 100% post-consumer recycled paper at $X price, we could have saved $500,000." It appeals to both sides of the aisle, you see? If, on the other hand, I said, "We should cut the NCDOE by half a million dollars" it WOULD piss people off, but the two statements actually amount to the same thing.

As to the larger cuts, indeed, some departments and programs need to be cut wholesale, but they are not as obvious on the State level as they are on the Federal level, given that most of the powers co-opted by the Federal Government are in fact reserved to the States.

That is a pretty large part of the strategy,yes. My general opponent seems to lap-dog after Perdue, so it should be an easy tie in. :D

Glad to see you're putting the strategy into use, I absolutely approve, that is the way to do it. PPP just polled the state and found it to be the most angry state in the union against incumbents. Nobody ended up filing to run against you in the primary, right?

Is there any place you could find all of her votes and then if it was signed into law or not? It would be cool to have a "Lucy Allen voted with Bev Perdue 96% of the time" statistic.

haaaylee
03-03-2010, 08:14 PM
I thought cocaine was illegal... Funny how its OK for the Government to so "studies" with it though.

rancher89
03-03-2010, 11:07 PM
And Fetberz just pounds her, in anticipation for his run for Gov......lol....it really would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

The internet shall set us free, but we need to spread the word beyond those we normally contact.

Fetberz WILL run for Gov, the only question is who will run against him?