PDA

View Full Version : Are Libertarians The New Neocons?

Matt Collins
03-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Up until now there was no question that it would be political suicide, much less morally wrong, to make massive numbers of unemployed, working and middle class workers, pay in order to make an ideological point. But with these incoherent tea partiers and nihilistic libertarians pulling the same kind of out sized influence the neocons did during the Great GWOT scare, this is what happens. We lose our moral consensus.http://www.bobcesca.com/blog-archives/2010/03/the_moral_decli.html

AuH20
03-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Actually, we're much more determined and informed than the neocons. The Left and rest of the statists have no idea WHO or WHAT it's tangling with.

Epic
03-03-2010, 12:13 PM
to make massive numbers of unemployed, working and middle class workers, pay

Government makes people pay. Libertarians are generally for voluntary behavior.

FrankRep
03-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Antiwar.com: Ron Paul has some pretty vicious enemies inside the Libertarian Movement
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=233667

johnrocks
03-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Neo cons are like roaches, they were in the Democratic Party, then infiltrated the GOP, now wants to infiltrate the tea parties, libertarian party etc., they then redefine terms such as "conservative" over the years, too bad there isn't some kind of fungicide for the bastards!

akforme
03-03-2010, 12:29 PM
that was a joke.

Nate
03-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Actually, we're much more determined and informed than the neocons. The Left and rest of the statists have no idea WHO or WHAT it's tangling with.

+1

I've yet to lose a "debate" with a "leftist". The smart ones admit I have some good points & want to hear more. Those that don't listen run away like partisan cowards while spitting out memorized talking points & ad hominem attacks at the top of their lungs. They are used to "debating" with neo-con hacks who are just as ignorant & statist as they are. They don't know how to respond when dealing with a libertarian who actually knows what they are talking about.

hugolp
03-03-2010, 12:56 PM

100%. And they are going to discover it very soon.

AuH20
03-03-2010, 01:30 PM
+1

I've yet to lose a "debate" with a "leftist". The smart ones admit I have some good points & want to hear more. Those that don't listen run away like partisan cowards while spitting out memorized talking points & ad hominem attacks at the top of their lungs. They are used to "debating" with neo-con hacks who are just as ignorant & statist as they are. They don't know how to respond when dealing with a libertarian who actually knows what they are talking about.

I usually hear, "Your ideas are too simple" OR "you're a Luddite who longs for a past period of history." They'll never engage in a serious head-to-head clash of the ideologies because their's is not based on fact. ;) Modern-day Liberalism is generally highly-destructive 'theory' and often disintegrates when applied in the real world. Many of them don't realize that they're in actuality utopian fascists. Another disturbing trait I've realized about the majority of the left is that they view man almost solely through the prism of materialism, while almost ignoring his spiritual and mental aspects. It's very 1984ish.

BuddyRey
03-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Ridiculous. We're nothing like neocons.

We're all about peace, love, and "do your own thing"...even more than most liberals are!

fisharmor
03-04-2010, 02:47 PM
I've yet to lose a "debate" with a "leftist".

I've yet to get a leftist to agree to a debate.
To a man and woman, they are all so infantile that if I press the conversation beyond talking points, they get offended and either quit or start screaming.

I think the final analysis is this: people from any political persuasion who are genuinely comfortable having their beliefs challenged inevitably end up libertarians.

johngr
03-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Can you read the fear between the lines?