PDA

View Full Version : County/District Resolution Committee

Elwar
03-03-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm not sure what the exact term is, but there's a committee that meets before the county convention that votes on which resolutions will go up before the county convention.

It is very important that you get on this committee. I believe it's an all volunteer committee so anyone can sign up for it. In 2008, our district only had 1 Ron Paul guy on that committee and he said he had a hard time getting any of our resolutions through.

I'm not sure how the at-large delegate selection committee is chosen, but those guys basically get to choose who gets to go on to the state convention as an at large delegate.

TruckinMike
03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Good question -- And thanks for the info. I thought if a resolution was approved in the precinct that it was in. I guess not --- SO what do I do now ??? The next meeting is the county convention - oops.

undergroundrr
03-03-2010, 10:27 AM
My wife and I were drafted last night for the resolutions committee for SD9. We submitted 4 of Debra's resolutions. We should get to walk them through the rest of the way.

If you want on a committee, you should contact the temporary precinct chair for your senatorial district. The person who was your temporary precinct convention chair last night should be able to tell you who that was. There's a good chance they'll be actively looking for people to fill committees, so don't be shy.

Number19
03-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Anything having to do with the GOP, your first source of information, here in Texas, should be your County Chair. Go to Google and search : <county name>GOP. You should be able to find who your current Chair is and contact information. If they don't know who you are, they'll be very cooperative.