PDA

View Full Version : Governor 51%!

james1906
03-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Does anyone know anyone who voted for Perry?

Regardless, Medina went from an also ran to a force on the statewide level in just a couple months. Perry will now have to reach out to Medina and her supporters for our votes. We can easily go Libertarian or just vote for White out of protest. With Perry as the governor currently, he will have to SHOW that he wants our vote, not just make some empty talking points.

The next race Medina runs for will be easier. She'll have the recognition, so we're not spending our time getting her name out there. KBH was supposed to be a major player in this race, but badly trailed, and lost to two candidates perceived to be to the right of her 70-30%. She's a damaged name. If Medina wants that Senate seat, she needs to start running for in NOW. There's plenty of faux-conservatives in Congress and elsewhere in Texas that are going to be hungry for that seat. She needs to stop them in their tracks.

John Faulk won his primary and is up against Sheila Jackass Lee for the 18th seat. He needs to go after the 1/3 of Dem primary voters that did not for Lee. The GOP needs to pour resources into this race so they can get that symbolic victory of getting Lee out. This is the year to do it.

Ron's primary challengers. Good game gentlemen. It looks like you were able to convince your families and friends to vote for you. That's really cute.

tmosley
03-03-2010, 08:26 AM
If you want to do a protest vote, vote libertarian, rather than Democratic.

TruckinMike
03-03-2010, 08:43 AM
//

invisible
03-03-2010, 10:34 AM

I think writing Medina in would be a better idea.

undergroundrr
03-03-2010, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=james1906;2578250]Does anyone know anyone who voted for Perry?
QUOTE]

I don't know anybody who did. But I know who the hundreds of thousands who did were - The people who didn't think too deeply and heard his $8,000,000 worth of media nonstop.

He paid $15 for every vote he got.

Debra paid 50 cents for each of hers.

Akus
03-03-2010, 10:53 AM

Regardless, Medina went from an also ran to a force on the statewide level in just a couple months. Perry will now have to reach out to Medina and her supporters for our votes. We can easily go Libertarian or just vote for White out of protest. With Perry as the governor currently, he will have to SHOW that he wants our vote, not just make some empty talking points.

The next race Medina runs for will be easier. She'll have blah blah words words many words more words......

Then why won't we? Why do we still hope to change "hearts and minds" that would have changed already if they were changeable?

Akus
03-03-2010, 10:54 AM

I intend to do exactly that. Yeah, a Libertarian will not win, but I vote for people whose views I agree with not for some other superficial reason.

torchbearer
03-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Do you realize that only 11% of the voters of texas voted in the GOP primary.

K466
03-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Don't vote for white, vote for libertarian

dean.engelhardt
03-03-2010, 02:54 PM

This makes perfect sense, therefore unachievable in American politics.

New2Libertarianism
03-03-2010, 02:57 PM
It will probably be easier to get Medina in next election with a Dem. incumbent, so I don't know what I would do.

ScotTX
03-03-2010, 03:23 PM
If McCain would have been elected president, we would not have the outpouring of anger and distrust from "conservatives" that we have today and the Tea Party movement wouldn't exist beyond us, of course. Texas needs to feel the pain of a Democrat governor in order to shock the state out of it's apparent media induced coma. I won't vote for White, but I won't vote for Perry either. Let the chips fall where they may.

james1906
03-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Sorry if people thought I was advocating voting for White. I was trying to emphasize that our votes can go any way and the candidates need to reach out to us.

Promontorium
03-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Medina should do what Paul refused to do, and keep on trucking without the Republican nom.

Nate-ForLiberty
03-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Medina should do what Paul refused to do, and keep on trucking without the Republican nom.

she can't. Texas law.

Von_Mises
03-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I won't vote for White, but I won't vote for Perry either. Let the chips fall where they may.

There's no point to just not let your vote count. Medina was classically smeared and the neocon sheep at it all up.

You can at least stick it to Perry and vote White.

dannno
03-03-2010, 04:30 PM
He paid $15 for every vote he got.

Debra paid 50 cents for each of hers.

Not to mention he probably got more media exposure.

Good statistics, lame outcome.

libertyjam
03-03-2010, 05:34 PM

And I think that is a high for primary voting

Akus
03-04-2010, 10:48 AM
If McCain would have been elected president, we would not have the outpouring of anger and distrust from "conservatives" that we have today and the Tea Party movement wouldn't exist beyond us, of course. Texas needs to feel the pain of a Democrat governor in order to shock the state out of it's apparent media induced coma. I won't vote for White, but I won't vote for Perry either. Let the chips fall where they may.

Libertarian?:o

TruckinMike
03-04-2010, 12:06 PM

Precisely my argument for not voting for McCain. You are right.

TMike

VaderM5
03-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Why did the tea party side with Perry?

undergroundrr
03-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Not to mention he probably got more media exposure.

Good statistics, lame outcome.

The point is, everybody blames Beck for somehow destroying her campaign. I despise Beck and what he did. But when people's emotions simmer down, they'll find he didn't really have a tangible impact on the race in the end.

As Paul Burka said, with $2,000,000 Medina could win it.

Medina needed to hammer the media with her own money. Any liberty candidate playing on that stage will have to get supporters to pony up big time if they really want their candidate to be governor of the most politically and economically important state in the US.

John Taylor
03-04-2010, 03:46 PM

Which means Perry will sing some platitudes, but will campaign to the middle.

Medina needs to pick a district, maybe even the 14th, and she needs to run for State Senate if there's not already a solid guy in there. I know this won't be popular, but I don't think she should run for Senate just yet. A large part of her appeal was that she was "Texas" in a more real way that Perry in his jeans... She should aim for something where she can get her base really fired up, but that won't be quite as difficult to reach... a Statewide office where she can use the money and volunteers she has to overcome any primary opposition. Do that, and then use that to boost name recognition, and, then, as a winner, use it as a springboard.

AJ Antimony
03-04-2010, 04:37 PM

Dead people?

Kotin
03-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Which means Perry will sing some platitudes, but will campaign to the middle.

Medina needs to pick a district, maybe even the 14th, and she needs to run for State Senate if there's not already a solid guy in there. I know this won't be popular, but I don't think she should run for Senate just yet. A large part of her appeal was that she was "Texas" in a more real way that Perry in his jeans... She should aim for something where she can get her base really fired up, but that won't be quite as difficult to reach... a Statewide office where she can use the money and volunteers she has to overcome any primary opposition. Do that, and then use that to boost name recognition, and, then, as a winner, use it as a springboard.

I agree with this.