PDA

View Full Version : Kay "Bailout" Hutchinson was a setup to keep Perry safe?

Matt Collins
03-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Just doing some rounding...
Perry got 50%.
"Bailout" got 30%
Medina got 20%

If "Bailout" wasn't in the race, it's quite possible Medina would've received more of the female vote and more of the Perry protest vote. 30%+20% = 50%. In other words it is possible she would've tied or maybe even beat Perry by a thin margin.

The internal polls of Perry and "Bailout" had to know this. "Bailout" conceded the race before she knew for sure whether or not there would be a runoff. As of this writing, midnight CT, we still don't know for sure if there will be (would be) a runoff with 87% of the precincts reporting.

So the question is, was Kay "Bailout" Hutchinson a setup to keep Medina from getting anywhere near Perry?

Nate-ForLiberty
03-02-2010, 11:53 PM
i said that when she entered the race. It was obvious.

daviddee
03-02-2010, 11:57 PM
LOL

Yeah, because KBH was taking votes from Medina :) KBH is like the McCain of Texas... voters for KBH would not vote for Medina.

RileyE104
03-03-2010, 12:52 AM
voters for KBH would not vote for Medina.

Even if it was between Perry and Medina? Most of the people I talked to that voted for KBH was because they didn't want Perry. Sadly, they didn't know who Medina was or just thought she wouldn't come close.

Bottom line, they wanted to get rid of Perry. So I believe it's possible that had KBH just dropped out then we would have had a better chance at winning or causing a run off.

TexFootballMom
03-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Uhhh KBH was in the race before Medina, if anything Medina took away votes from KBH, if it was just Perry vs KBH, Perry still would've won.

Well, I checked on that and the "signed" dates for Medina and Kay were the same day.

We will have a better idea if Kay all of a sudden decides not to retire her seat.

You think?

Peace&Freedom
03-03-2010, 08:27 AM
The open seat (that KBH is supossedly retiring from) is the one Medina should have been running for from the start, from a higher percentage point of view. Now it will be harder for her to shift gears, but yes she does now have greater visibility to make a victory run more possible.

seeker4sho
03-03-2010, 08:48 AM
We lost the Governor's race plain and simple. 18.55 percent is huge when you think of all the obstacles Medina had to over come in getting positive name recognition and getting her message out. Obviously her message was resonating with those that heard it. The question now is how can we capitalize on her name recognition and build a strong base for her next challenge for office? I would like to see Medina inherit Ron Paul's movement when he steps down. If Ron Paul would take her under his wing and mentor her she would be in excellent position to continue the Ron Paul movement so that there will be continuity when he steps down. We need Debra Medina to continue the fight for liberty -- she is awesome!

Srg1
03-03-2010, 09:17 AM
We lost the Governor's race plain and simple. 18.55 percent is huge when you think of all the obstacles Medina had to over come in getting positive name recognition and getting her message out. Obviously her message was resonating with those that heard it. The question now is how can we capitalize on her name recognition and build a strong base for her next challenge for office? I would like to see Medina inherit Ron Paul's movement when he steps down. If Ron Paul would take her under his wing and mentor her she would be in excellent position to continue the Ron Paul movement so that there will be continuity when he steps down. We need Debra Medina to continue the fight for liberty -- she is awesome!

Do think if it was not for jones and beck she would have had 25% 30% maybe even more?Sure jones pumped her up but then took her down a bit.Without a doubt perry would have been below 50%

RileyE104
03-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Do think if it was not for jones and beck she would have had 25% 30% maybe even more?Sure jones pumped her up but then took her down a bit.Without a doubt perry would have been below 50%

For AJ, I guess it depends on how many Truthers live in Texas and were planning on voting Medina.. As for Beck, I think this election proves that he doesn't have much influence in determining elections- seeing as he was trying to say we were "on the fast track back to 4%".

low preference guy
03-03-2010, 09:47 AM
For AJ, I guess it depends on how many Truthers live in Texas and were planning on voting Medina.. As for Beck, I think this election proves that he doesn't have much influence in determining elections- seeing as he was trying to say we were "on the fast track back to 4%".

disagree. medina was 24% and ascending. that interview stopped her momentum permanently and she ended 4 points below that. she would've got at least 34% without that Beck interview.

MelissaWV
03-03-2010, 10:05 AM
You are assuming every single KBH voter would have voted Medina, and none would have stayed home.

Peace&Freedom
03-03-2010, 11:48 AM

Medina got a great bump from her debate performances, that was her high watermark. Neither Beck or Jones impacted her final numbers. For an unknown independent to break double digits in a statewide primary election against a strong incumbent and two establishment figures was miraculous. I think we are overstating her strength to force a runoff or overtake KBH given those circumstances. Let's take the 18% vote totals and the exposure of the Judas Goat Beck as our victory and quit while we're ahead.

teamrican1
03-03-2010, 12:11 PM
KBH wasn't a "set up". She was a US Senator who was getting sick of all he travel and wanted to spend her Golden Years back in Texas. She thought the Governorship would be a nice little welcome home/retirement President for herself. There was a time when she was beating Rick Perry by double digits in the polls. She fell apart for the same reason Charlie Crist has in Florida- the public mood has shifted against Washington DC and anybody associated with it is in trouble. That's what Perry used to turn a double digit deficit in to a double digit victory and it's the penniless, completely unknown, completely ignored by the MSM Debra Medina used to go from under 4% in the polls all the way up to 18%. Enough with the conspiracy theories. Medina was the longest of long shots. That she accomplished what she did should make all of us proud. Let's build on it and get Peter, Rand, Warren Redlich, and the other true Tea Party candidates the win in their primaries.

Todd
03-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Just doing some rounding...
Perry got 50%.
"Bailout" got 30%
Medina got 20%

If "Bailout" wasn't in the race, it's quite possible Medina would've received more of the female vote and more of the Perry protest vote. 30%+20% = 50%. In other words it is possible she would've tied or maybe even beat Perry by a thin margin.

The internal polls of Perry and "Bailout" had to know this. "Bailout" conceded the race before she knew for sure whether or not there would be a runoff. As of this writing, midnight CT, we still don't know for sure if there will be (would be) a runoff with 87% of the precincts reporting.

So the question is, was Kay "Bailout" Hutchinson a setup to keep Medina from getting anywhere near Perry?

That's assuming that the majority of votes for Kay wouldn't have funneled Perry's way in her absence.

It sure would have made things interesting.

Nate-ForLiberty
03-03-2010, 12:38 PM
the idea that all those who voted for KBH would have voted for Medina is ridiculous. What KBH provided was a false choice. Just like we have R's and D's, we had Perry and Hutchison. By doing this they were able to almost completely ignore and/or marginalize Medina. Had it just been Perry and Medina, that would not have been possible. So KBH wasn't there for vote return, but to confuse the unaware so they miss the target.

She was the "phantoms" or "inputs" on the radar screen to confuse the FAA. Then the FAA gets blamed for ineptitude.

Once you understand the simple formula they use, you see it everywhere. I think we should start focusing on how to beat they're formula. And really we don't have to beat it. All we would need to do is force a standoff.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-03-2010, 12:48 PM
This is exactly the kind of dumb, paranoid stuff that get us mocked (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2462822/posts?q=1&;page=251#285).

1. Hutchinson was in the race before Medina.

2. Without Hutchinson, there would have been no Medina candidacy. Her momentum and rise in the polls was a result of the debates; and there would have been no debates at all had it just been Perry and Medina running.

3. Even if you gave Medina every single last one of Hutchinson's votes, she still would have lost.

teamrican1
03-03-2010, 12:57 PM
the idea that all those who voted for KBH would have voted for Medina is ridiculous. What KBH provided was a false choice. Just like we have R's and D's, we had Perry and Hutchison. By doing this they were able to almost completely ignore and/or marginalize Medina. Had it just been Perry and Medina, that would not have been possible. So KBH wasn't there for vote return, but to confuse the unaware so they miss the target.

So the NWO Wizard recruited a well liked and popular US Senator to serve as foil against the relatively unpopular Texas Governor because he was worried a nobody business women that half of Texas probably still has never heard of might win the Governor's mansion? KBH wanted to be Governor. She was popular, had loads of money, and had the support of the Bush Machine (that hates Perry). Perry himself was never particularly popular himself. She entered the race because she thought she would win. Having spent the past decade in DC, she didn't see the anti-establishment wave coming and it hit her like a bus. There is nothing more to see here. One establishment type outmaneuvered another establishment type. Perry never saw Median as a threat at all until the very end and then only as an impediment to him getting his 51%.

Nate-ForLiberty
03-03-2010, 01:09 PM
back to bed!

http://media.nowpublic.net/images/88/5/8855212ca8548b54305c2df9485bda75.jpg