PDA

View Full Version : Hutchison conceded to Perry

robertwerden
03-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Not that there will be a dramatic change in the vote before the night is over, but to concede before the votes are in is so stupid.

Lets say Hutchison gets more votes in some district than anticipated and drops Perry's total below 50%, that means she just handed the run off seat to Medina.

I know its not going to happen, I just think its stupid to concede, that is what happened in 2000 and 2004 with Bushes opponents.

Kotin
03-02-2010, 09:59 PM
yeah she is a moron to concede so early.

pacelli
03-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Maybe she was running an educational campaign?

RileyE104
03-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Maybe she was running an educational campaign?

Or maybe just a shadow campaign to allow Perry to keep his seat? If she dropped out earlier this week there could have been a runoff between Perry and Medina depending on how many KBH supporters wouldn't want to give their vote to Perry..

pacelli
03-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Or maybe just a shadow campaign to allow Perry to keep his seat? If she dropped out earlier this week there could have been a runoff between Perry and Medina depending on how many KBH supporters wouldn't want to give their vote to Perry..

Damned good point right there. As much as Bailout claimed to dislike Perry, Medina was more of a threat to both elitist bastards. I seriously doubt Perry would have gotten over 50% of the vote had Bailout dropped out.

I wonder if there is anything the grassroots could have done differently to ensure a Medina vote? In thinking about the future, we need to learn from our mistakes. It could have been that the Beck/Jones effect cost Medina quite a few votes. I don't know, but it is certainly discouraging. I am still pretty surprised that Medina got over 18% of the total vote though, that's a huge success over some of the pre-election polls.