PDA

View Full Version : If Medina does not win.

silverhandorder
03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
She can do it again. She is young, has a name for her self now and will do better. She stood her ground against two strongest RINOs.

Imperial
03-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Now I think she should run for Ron Paul's seat in 2012. Ron Paul should run for Senate or Presidency in 2012.

runningdiz
03-02-2010, 09:26 PM
She can do it again. She is young, has a name for her self now and will do better. She stood her ground against two strongest RINOs.

Yup! We have not seen the last of her. She became stronger as the campaign went on and is very well spoken. My bet is she is being prepped to take over Ron's seat when he decides to retire.

FrankRep
03-02-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm still moving to Texas!

Epic
03-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Medina could run for Senate in 2012 if Kay Bailey retires.

runningdiz
03-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Now I think she should run for Ron Paul's seat in 2012. Ron Paul should run for Senate or Presidency in 2012.

I am totally with you on this. I hope Ron just gives it his all for the 2012 Presidential elections and has Medina run for his congressional seat. Worst case scenario is that he looses the bid for presidency and can go on a speaking tour of America spreading the message of the Revolution!

pacelli
03-02-2010, 09:33 PM
the only problem with ron winning is that IF he runs for president, he won't be able to focus 100% of his efforts on campaigning. I agree, medina should run for congress or senate in the very least.

rp08orbust
03-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Keep in mind that if Debra runs for US Senate, she will have to express opinions on foreign policy. If she is honest and consistent with individual liberty, she may be back down to the Ron Paul 5%.

constituent
03-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Keep in mind that if Debra runs for US Senate, she will have to express opinions on foreign policy. If she is honest and consistent with individual liberty, she may be back down to the Ron Paul 5%.

yea, i think running for district 14 would be a total waste...

she should run for comptroller of public accounts, imo.

Athan
03-03-2010, 08:52 PM
I won't vote for Perry.

We should give our vote elsewhere. The Texas gop apparently doesn't need us.

Dreamofunity
03-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Medina could run for Senate in 2012 if Kay Bailey retires.

This. 2014 seems too far away.

rednecked
03-03-2010, 09:26 PM
I've only been a member here for a few weeks. Found the site due to my support for Debra Medina. I want to say something here that might piss a lot of you folks off. But what the hell, I've had a few Scotch and Water's!

I've been thinking about conservatives and libertarians and I kind of see them as two sides of a coin. Libertairians I see as idealistic conservatives and conservatives as pragmatic libertarians. I could go into detail about how I came to this but the scotch is really hampering my keyboard skills. So! To ALL my libertarian friends, think about this,

Why would you cut your nose off to spite your face?

you didn't lose this round. YOU WON! Beck's hatchet job had almost 0 affect! To get 20% is simply incredible when you add up the dollars spent and the power behind Perry and Hutchison!

So what now? Get mad and take all your toys and go home? No. Work within the system that exists to make the change that you know needs to be made. I'm not asking you to go out and wave Gov. Goodhair signs. But I am asking you to help keep a stark raving LIBERAL out of the Governor's seat of Texas.

If you vote for a third party candidate or write in Debra you are helping White. White is a progressive liberal. Why on God's green earth would you want to help a progressive liberal get into office? If that is your desire then you really are not helping the cause you are only supporting the personality.

Idealism is a wonderful thing but it is not the solution to real world problems. Be pragmatic and accept half an apple rather then getting a whole lemon.

I do hope you all take this in the spirit intended as I think you are a great asset to Texas and to America but from the posts I see here too many of you are unwilling to accept the realities of how American politics work. And as long as that holds true you will always be pushed to the side...

SimpleName
03-03-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm still moving to Texas!

Galveston sounds about right. ;)

If only Medina could have overcome the Rick Perry/tea party/Fox News propaganda machine. Oh well...