PDA

View Full Version : S----

damiengwa
03-02-2010, 07:26 PM
I guess Texans enjoy paying property taxes on land that can be taken at any time and bull dozed into a tolled-out NAFTA super-highway by a foreign corporation.... Democracy FAIL... Freedom FAIL...

dannno
03-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Fuck Beck.

Todd
03-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Yep...Hope people learned a hard lesson with ol Glen baby

Kotin
03-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I didnt even get hopeful because I thought I would just get pissed off later.. well regardless I am terribly pissed off..

FUCK!

RileyE104
03-02-2010, 07:33 PM
They're still counting early votes..

Not even 5% of precincts reporting yet..

tpreitzel
03-02-2010, 07:34 PM

Really... ;)

rprprs
Fuck Beck.

THE No. # 1 traitor to freedom and liberty. And should be targeted as such. :mad::mad::mad:

damiengwa
hows about Alex Jones too? yeah, puts his bullshit ego over the best hope in tx for real change. fuck jones too!

bruce leeroy
03-02-2010, 07:36 PM
look folks, if medina cracks the 20% mark, we did something right
remember how dismal dr Paul's stats were in the 2008 prez primary
and if she forces a run-off, that is even better
we are being heard

kirkblitz
03-02-2010, 07:37 PM
she wont make the run off if there is one most likely, can she not run 3rd party in tx??

devil21
03-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Goes to show that media pundits are NEVER on our side when it MATTERS.

Nobody will do anything for us. Ever. Remember that. A hard lesson was learned about trusting pundits today. Hopefully the Liberty movement will heed those warnings in the future.

Having said that, still a lot of reporting to do and consider the fact that if Debra pulls 20% then WE made that 20% happen by slamming the status quo into allowing her into the debates in the first place and spreading her message. Even if she doesn't win, it's another step in the right direction. We are becoming a political force that can't be ignored.

MelissaWV
03-02-2010, 07:51 PM
I saw this thread and thought we must be in single digits or something.

Instead, with 1.6% reporting (per Politico), Medina has over 16%.

Isn't it a trifle premature to start in with the "we did so terribly and it's all Beck's fault" threads?

Akus
03-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Goes to show that media pundits are NEVER on our side when it MATTERS.

Nobody will do anything for us. Ever. Remember that. A hard lesson was learned about trusting pundits today. Hopefully the Liberty movement will heed those warnings in the future.

Having said that, still a lot of reporting to do and consider the fact that if Debra pulls 20% then WE made that 20% happen by slamming the status quo into allowing her into the debates in the first place and spreading her message. Even if she doesn't win, it's another step in the right direction. We are becoming a political force that can't be ignored.
I was saying that forever. EVery time somebody said something about Rush or Beck or Savage finally coming around, I kept saying that those are shills and pseudo populists.

I was advocating giving a big middle finger to the big two and sitck with Libertarians. I wish more people would understand that no one will save us but us.

malkusm
03-02-2010, 07:55 PM

Isn't it a trifle premature to start in with the "we did so terribly and it's all Beck's fault" threads?

Well, considering that she polled at 24% and had come from 3% in 2 months....many of us had visions of second place and a runoff.

Still, name a liberty candidate in a statewide race that took more than 15% in 2008. I defy you to. Oh, did I mention we have Rand and Schiff (among others) still left to bat?

Stay with it, we've got incredible momentum and will continue to gain acceptance. :)

amy31416
03-02-2010, 07:55 PM

Man, we have been through the effing wringer when it comes to this stuff. People are invested, financially and emotionally, in these races. So try not to criticize the venting, it's a tough game to lose when you know what the stakes are.

But, the dedicated people will pick themselves up, dust off, and be back at it soon enough.

MelissaWV
03-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Man, we have been through the effing wringer when it comes to this stuff. People are invested, financially and emotionally, in these races. So try not to criticize the venting, it's a tough game to lose when you know what the stakes are.

But, the dedicated people will pick themselves up, dust off, and be back at it soon enough.

The whole map says "partial results." Unless people have some map I'm entirely unaware of, I'm not sure why they're calling precise percentages on a victory or loss.

paulitics
03-02-2010, 08:00 PM
If she is anything close to 20%, she held steady. There was 1 poll that showed her at 24% , before Beck. The rest of them showed her around 12% to 16%. The same polls showed her at about the same percentages prior to this vote.

Don't get me wrong, Beck sandbagged her...but it's quite remarkable that she held steady considering the shenanigans of the media. I'm just getting tired of hearing that she was at 24%, as if only one polling company matters.

amy31416
03-02-2010, 08:02 PM
The whole map says "partial results." Unless people have some map I'm entirely unaware of, I'm not sure why they're calling precise percentages on a victory or loss.

Like I said, we've been through this numerous times and had the same notion. But so far, there has never been any significant deviation from early results.

It's just acknowledging the reality, shaking your fist at the air and indulging in a lot of cursing to get it out of your system before you get back up, move on and pick another battle to fight.

Epic
03-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Beck fucked us over.

dr. hfn
03-02-2010, 08:03 PM
No one can stop our Freedom Trainnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! choo choo

constituent
03-02-2010, 08:04 PM
YouTube - Sublime - What I Got (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc3ZrmhDN4)

payme_rick
03-02-2010, 08:06 PM
shaking your fist at the air and indulging in a lot of cursing to get IT out of your .

'it' hasn't happened yet... wayyyyyyy early...

I never got my hopes up in all of this, but I sure as hell am not freaking out this early on...

seems a tad premature, kinda like that scene in American Pie...

kirkblitz
03-02-2010, 08:10 PM
'it' hasn't happened yet... Wayyyyyyy early...

I never got my hopes up in all of this, but i sure as hell am not freaking out this early on...

Seems a tad premature, kinda like that scene in american pie...

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Southron
03-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Win or lose, she has a great amount of political value now.

I would love to see her win a state rep seat and give Governor Gardasil hell or join Ron in the US House if this doesn't work.

amy31416
03-02-2010, 08:16 PM
YouTube - Sublime - What I Got (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc3ZrmhDN4)

YouTube - Los Amigos Invisibles - Playa Azul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8w_JhptEbY)

thasre
03-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Couldn't Medina technically run for KBH's Senate seat now that she's (as she promised... right...) going to "give up her seat"?

I don't know how TX law handles Senate vacancies... but assuming KBH does leave the Senate, can Medina run for her seat?

BuddyRey
03-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Couldn't Medina technically run for KBH's Senate seat now that she's (as she promised... right...) going to "give up her seat"?

I don't know how TX law handles Senate vacancies... but assuming KBH does leave the Senate, can Medina run for her seat?

This!!!

damiengwa
03-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I dunno, but maybe she'll consider the independent route. Don't know what the ballot access laws are in texas, but she's got the folks to get her on the ballot and the polls to be included in the repub/dem debates.

thasre
03-02-2010, 08:38 PM

I looked into it a bit more and it looks like (if I'm understanding things right), since it's an election year already, Perry would be able to appoint an interim Senator following KBH's departure, and then there would be a special election in November at the same time as the general election to determine who would complete KBH's term. So... it sounds like Medina would at least be eligible... ...

pacelli
03-02-2010, 08:39 PM

The way they report it, they keep the same relative percentages no matter how many precincts are reporting. We saw how the media plays this little thing called, "The Election Projection Game".

thasre
03-02-2010, 08:43 PM
The way they report it, they keep the same relative percentages no matter how many precincts are reporting. We saw how the media plays this little thing called, "The Election Projection Game".

I don't understand what you're trying to say...

pacelli
03-02-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't understand what you're trying to say...

Remember back on super tuesday, CNN was projecting that McCain was the winner of a particular state, even when only 0.2% of the precincts were reporting? How do you think they are able to tell the future like that?

The same game is being played in all elections.

runningdiz
03-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Remember back on super tuesday, CNN was projecting that McCain was the winner of a particular state, even when only 0.2% of the precincts were reporting? How do you think they are able to tell the future like that?

The same game is being played in all elections.

Are you serious? Go look at the results now for Ron Paul's district. Politico called it with less than 5% reporting. How do you think they predicted the future?

In order to call sates for certain people they look at data from certain areas vs known reliable polls done prior to the election. In some states like Arizona they knew he was going to win because of statistical reasons. It is all statistics.

pacelli
03-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Are you serious? Go look at the results now for Ron Paul's district. Politico called it with less than 5% reporting. How do you think they predicted the future?

In order to call sates for certain people they look at data from certain areas vs known reliable polls done prior to the election. In some states like Arizona they knew he was going to win because of statistical reasons. It is all statistics.

So you are basically saying that we should be perfectly fine projecting a winner for any election, that statistics have never been used to lie or distort... why bother even counting all the votes. As a matter of fact, why bother voting? If statistics can predict the winner before an election even occurs, and the votes follow the predicted pattern, what's the point of voting?

libertyjam
03-02-2010, 09:15 PM
So you are basically saying that we should be perfectly fine projecting a winner for any election, that statistics have never been used to lie or distort... why bother even counting all the votes. As a matter of fact, why bother voting? If statistics can predict the winner before an election even occurs, and the votes follow the predicted pattern, what's the point of voting?

I think you are just now waking up to the fact of why elections, especially primaries, can have low voter turnout.

runningdiz
03-02-2010, 09:20 PM

No I think you don't understand the concept.... The TV networks project for ratings and such. The first network to call a race correctly gets to brag about it the next election cycle. They don't decide who wins the race. When a network makes a projection it is an educated guess it does not mean that candidate wins. Look at 2000 presidential election. Some networks projected the Democrat won but George Bush became the president.

In elections that do not appear to be close based on private polling and money it is rather clear who will win the vote on election night so the networks can easily project the winner.

purplechoe
03-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Fuck Beck.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/9/h/2/glenn-beck-padded-room.gif

V4Vendetta
03-02-2010, 10:50 PM
hows about Alex Jones too? yeah, puts his bullshit ego over the best hope in tx for real change. fuck jones too!

now that is one thing i have to agree with, and i'm a big fan of Alex Jones.

IPSecure
03-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Fuck Beck.

+1

kahless
03-02-2010, 11:26 PM
I didnt even get hopeful because I thought I would just get pissed off later.. well regardless I am terribly pissed off..

I am in NY and I am pissed off also. I followed this race closely in hopes Texas would lead the way for the rest of the nation. If not lead at least I would have some where to go to flee NY's property taxes.

Nothing ever changes. The people are largely clueless and will only wake up after an economic collapse.

grizzums
03-02-2010, 11:31 PM
No one can stop our Freedom Trainnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! choo choo

YouTube - Lenny Kravitz- "Freedom Train" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-trQun0EJ4)

AdamT
03-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Does TX vote on Diebold by chance?

Nate-ForLiberty
03-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Does TX vote on Diebold by chance?

eSlate

damiengwa
03-02-2010, 11:54 PM
I am in NY and I am pissed off also. I followed this race closely in hopes Texas would lead the way for the rest of the nation. If not lead at least I would have some where to go to flee NY's property taxes.

Nothing ever changes. The people are largely clueless and will only wake up after an economic collapse.

have you heard of the free state project kahless? www.freestateproject.org

devil21
03-02-2010, 11:58 PM
I looked into it a bit more and it looks like (if I'm understanding things right), since it's an election year already, Perry would be able to appoint an interim Senator following KBH's departure, and then there would be a special election in November at the same time as the general election to determine who would complete KBH's term. So... it sounds like Medina would at least be eligible... ...

KBH is not departing. In typical flip-flop fashion she recently stated she will NOT resign her Senate seat (once Perry was likely to win). Her reason? "Fighting Obamacare is too important." :rolleyes:

daviddee
03-03-2010, 12:04 AM

kahless
03-03-2010, 12:11 AM

Yes and have no desire to move anywhere colder than where I am already. I do not believe we will see anything like that here unless there is an economic collapse. Even after a collapse I believe the people are just too stupid and will reject freedom by buying into whatever our government run media tells them.

constituent
03-03-2010, 07:38 AM

Well I guess if there is anything positive to come out of this race, it is one less New Yorker moving to Texas.

Nothing personal...

constituent
03-03-2010, 07:39 AM

I can't say enough good things about New Hampshire!

james1906
03-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Well I guess if there is anything positive to come out of this race, it is one less New Yorker moving to Texas.

Nothing personal...

At least this thread gave me a laugh.

kahless
03-03-2010, 01:18 PM

Nothing personal...

Typical collectivist. Nothing personal, but go fuck yourself....

tmosley
03-03-2010, 01:24 PM

+1

libertygrl
03-03-2010, 01:57 PM

As a fellow New Yorker I feel the same way today. :mad: It's beyond comprehension to me that Texans could vote for someone who tried ramming a foreign super highway down their throats!! Either they're too stupid (any present Texans excluded of course!), or the system was already rigged from the get go.

While channel surfing yesterday, a reporter from CNN , mentioned that Rick Perry saved millions by not going the usual campaign route - no mass mailings, ads, or roto calling for votes. Is that true???? If that's the case, it makes me wonder if he knew he was going to win all along.

Well, let's all view this as a very important learning experience for the next round of liberty candidates. Seems to me, we are always on the defensive rather than offensive when it comes to the media destroying candidates chances and using the old "9-11 truther" ploy! These people are very cunning and we need to always be 10 steps ahead of them.

Natalie
03-03-2010, 02:14 PM

I'm from New York and I'm glad I left. Houston is awesome!!!! Plus New York is the least free state in the whole country. Texas is number 5 most free. Yee haw!!! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=182237

constituent
03-03-2010, 02:36 PM

meh cry me a river. if you watched your rural home getting gobbled up the way so many of us have, you'd be angry too.

you wouldn't last long in texas with that thin little skin anyway...

Nate-ForLiberty
03-03-2010, 02:51 PM
meh cry me a river. if you watched your rural home getting gobbled up the way so many of us have, you'd be angry too.

you wouldn't last long in texas with that thin little skin anyway...

stop being such a shit to everyone. lately you've been really rude.

constituent
03-03-2010, 03:08 PM
stop being such a shit to everyone. lately you've been really rude.

anything yew say sheriff (lol).

tmosley
03-03-2010, 03:26 PM
anything yew say sheriff (lol).

You are seriously acting like an asshole. Swallow your pride and recognize that your collectivist thinking is destructive and arbitrary.

constituent
03-03-2010, 03:29 PM
You are seriously acting like an asshole. Swallow your pride and recognize that your collectivist thinking is destructive and arbitrary.

lol, did you really just type that?

dispute the population growth in Texas, then dispute that "yankees" are a common joke in Texas, then realize that this thread was in desperate need of some lols, and then it should be quite clear that you and Nate are being retarded and should probably chill out or buzz off, k? :)

I don't presume to tell you how to post. Thanks.

recognize that your collectivist thinking is destructive and arbitrary.

You're right, everyone's an island.

If you can't figure out how to laugh, then spare me the philosophizing, would ya?

Not only are YOU wrong, you're a buzzkill to boot!

constituent
03-03-2010, 03:31 PM
At least this thread gave me a laugh.

Someone's got the right idea... :D

RyanRSheets
03-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Good God, everyone in this thread needs to calm down. I don't see where a humorous but collectivist comment deserves anywhere near the kind of backlash I just read. Don't forget that we're on the same side, and remember that maturity will go a long way towards furthering our cause.

Nate-ForLiberty
03-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Good God, everyone in this thread needs to calm down. I don't see where a humorous but collectivist comment deserves anywhere near the kind of backlash I just read. Don't forget that we're on the same side, and remember that maturity will go a long way towards furthering our cause.

it didn't. But when you combine it with other post he's made of late, then yes it did.

constituent
03-03-2010, 04:25 PM
it didn't. But when you combine it with other post he's made of late, then yes it did.

look out, nate's spidey senses are tingling...

Thank you for injecting some sense into this dialogue, RyanRSheets. :)

seeker4sho
03-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Or you could look at it another way... our candidates only chances of winning depend on an economic collapse.

As I said a while ago, our only real shot this year is Rand. The people on this forum who think the election was stolen and that Medina was going to win need to get off the Haldol and realize we have fringe candidates... Which is not a bad thing, but the majority of the people in this country will never align with our views... not on a statewide/country basis. Change will come via local elections, us congress, and hopefully the senate.

EDIT: And Rubio in Florida -> Obviously

I agree with much of what you write but I am not sure about Rubio. I sent him the following email last week and have not received a response:

I received a letter from your campaign today. Before I commit to support you I need to ask where you stand on the vast world wide American empire.

I am a retired military patriot and a Ron Paul Republican. I cannot support those old guard Republicans that seek perpetual war (neocons). During my 22 years of military service I served on several of our overseas military bases. I have three brothers that retired from the military and I have three sons that served in the military -- one retired and another just put in for his retirement.

Having said that, IMHO, our Representatives in Congress should have to explain to the American taxpayers why we have over 700 military bases overseas. What is the purpose of those bases and who is benefiting from them? The cold war has been over for a number of years now; the rationale for having those bases to stem the advancement of communism and block the Soviet Union is no longer valid. Having those bases overseas is a waste of the taxpayers money. If anything, we need those bases here in the US to support the local economies and protect our borders. The global corporations can pay for their own hired guns (Blackwater) if they need protection. Please respond

Sincerely,
Charles Wilson

daviddee
03-03-2010, 07:39 PM