PDA

View Full Version : 7 days into October, and we're not at 10% of our goal...

Taco John
10-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Just a little concerned that we haven't even hit 10% of our goal for October yet. Currently, we have reached just over 8% of the $4,000,000 goal for October. I expect that donations will pick up again after Tuesday night, so I won't stress about it until at least Friday... But if we're not approaching 50% of our goal by then, the media is going to take it as a sign that we can't play with the big boys...

DeadheadForPaul
10-07-2007, 11:51 PM
people are recovering from this past quarter

me3
10-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Just a little concerned that we haven't even hit 10% of our goal for October yet. Currently, we have reached just over 8% of the $4,000,000 goal for October. I expect that donations will pick up again after Tuesday night, so I won't stress about it until at least Friday... But if we're not approaching 50% of our goal by then, the media is going to take it as a sign that we can't play with the big boys...
I think that this is being shaped by a distinct strategy decision.

Remember that each of the online donation drives have had low #s, numbers low enough to be achievable. This is the first time that the donation target has been set so high.

Last Q, the average (online?) donation was around $40. If you take the quoted percentage of Q3 income collected online at 70%, that means that there were nearly 90,000 online donations. Assume that 50% are from the same people. At $10 each, that's a quick and dirty $450,000 if RP and the campaign put the call out to past donators. Imagine if it is $40 again. :) Yep, almost $2 million, and looking good for meeting October goals.

Zydeco
10-07-2007, 11:55 PM
I would not worry about it at all. People were exhausted mentally and financially after the thermometer. Give it another week or two to pick up.

steph3n
10-07-2007, 11:55 PM
why does everyone keep opening another thread about this? seriously there are 20+ threads.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php <-- best friend

skiingff
10-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Give it some time. If they include the 30% of donations that are raised offline in Lady Liberty, that's an additional $30,000 earned for each $100,000 that's portrayed on Lady Liberty. I believe they will do that, and update the offline donations manually from time-to-time. But I could be wrong...

Taco John
10-08-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm not panicking yet... But we need a strong showing this week after the debates.

theseus51
10-08-2007, 01:01 AM
I'll post what I posted on one of the other similar threads:
It's cause at the end of last quarter, everyone was encouraged to give as much as possible, to beat the third quarter deadline, and many listened. And to expect that same rate of giving of $1m/week, just a few days later is unrealistic.

Ron Paul Fan
10-08-2007, 01:09 AM
The pace will pick up, but we need to average almost $152,000 a day in order to reach our goal by October 31. We need to keep pace or it's all over. Start giving your money to Ron Paul or be prepared to start giving your money to the government when Hillary Clinton takes office. We have 24 days to turn this ship around. The consequences if we fail are prodigious.

On a more positive note, Congratulations to myself for my 600th post!!!!!!

Corydoras
10-08-2007, 01:23 AM
I'm hoping that everyone who gets paid around mid-month does what they can.

Cindy
10-08-2007, 01:29 AM
I'll post what I posted on one of the other similar threads:
It's cause at the end of last quarter, everyone was encouraged to give as much as possible, to beat the third quarter deadline, and many listened. And to expect that same rate of giving of $1m/week, just a few days later is unrealistic.

BINGO!

What is realistic, if all current supporters continue pushing for new supporters and continue giving what they can is something more like-

Oct 2-3 mil
Nov 3-5 mil
Dec 4-6 mil.

Total for Q4 9-12 mil.

Keep in mind everyone that dozens of grass roots projects and requests for money to fund them are posted here all of the time. A lot of money is being donated to help Paul get exposure, it's just not going directly to HQ and being added to the counter.

For as long as RP doesn't do much to run his own comercial ads, out of the frustration, many feel forced to be donating to local projects grass rooters are coming up with to reach the masses.

Sure, Mitt raised 11 mil last quarter but how much did his supporters spend on grass roots projects for him? Probably next to nothing and thats probabaly why his numbers have been tanking from quater to quarter.

The grass roots stuff is GOOD , and obviously working yet, it is competing with what goes to HQ. From what I have seen, his 5 mil didn't give us the hoopla we would've have wanted from the MSM anyway. Sure there were many reports on it, yet most of them came along with, "he raised 5 mil, but he won't get the nomination. " They would've said that if he raised 12 mil in Q3.

The only way we can counter that crap is to keep up with the grass roots efforts.

We need the numbers of people who will go vote for him in the primaries more then we need numbers in Pauls bank account.

I get more encouraged when I read about the grass roots pushes people are doing here then I do when I see how much he has raised at his site so far.

Obama and Hillary both has Crazy funds and one of them still won;t get their parties nomination. The funds are not everything. People who will get out and vote in the primaries are.

I wish HQ would've set up the monthly goals for the quarter like that.