PDA

View Full Version : Paul has the ability to assemble minutemen, Rand revolution ready and willing - Carey

Austin
03-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Marcus Carey reports:

As the rally concluded the news of the day was that Bunning was in negotiations with Harry Reid to find cuts in other programs to pay for the extension bill, precisely what Bunning Jim Bunning "Pay As You Go", and what the hundred or so people many holding Rand Paul signs were shouting.

All in all the message which every candidate in this race surely got loud and clear from today's events was that the Rand Paul campaign has the ability with barely more than a days notice to assemble on the Lexington Green what can be legitimately called the new "Minutemen" of the Rand revolution, ready, willing and able to stand together for what they believe is right.

That kind of passion is a force to be reckoned with.
http://www.bluegrassbulletin.com/2010/03/the-bunning-rally-real-passion-confronts-politics-as-usual.html

Chieftain1776
03-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Thank you to all the supporters that were there!

specsaregood
03-02-2010, 07:07 PM
LOL @ Marc Carey's response to the basement-dwelling Johnson supporters in the comments:

Have you all gone daffy? Where did I call it a Rand Paul Rally? I reported what I saw. I saw Bill Johnson being very active, and a ton of Rand Paul Signs. I saw David Adams being interviewed and Mongiardo high tailing it outta there. If you are telling me that Bill Johnson's troops were there due to an organized effort, quite frankly I didn't see a lot of evidence of that. Not that Bill, or Trey or just plain uncommitted Bunning fans weren't there too, but the number of Rand Paul signs made an impression. What did I miss?

I have worked alot of campaigns over the last 40 years. I received more than a dozen pushes from the Rand Paul campaign and only a couple of Twitter and Facebook posts from Bill.

Look guys, if Bill has an army of people out there as you contend, where are they?

I put out the call for this thing, the Paul campaign jumped on it and pushed it harder than Bill did.

Folks, I just call them as I see them and I saw tons of Paul signs, no Johnson signs and several Rand Fan buttons on people.

In the only photo I took I see Paul signs, a "Go Jim" sign but no Johnson signs.
Posted by: Marc Carey | March 02, 2010 at 08:00 PM

Kotin
03-02-2010, 07:29 PM
LOL @ Marc Carey's response to the basement-dwelling Johnson supporters in the comments:

priceless..

Cowlesy
03-02-2010, 09:28 PM
priceless..

He's got to get frustrated with them, especially in their clearly partisan bent to not realize how solid of a constitutional conservative candidate Rand Paul is.