PDA

View Full Version : Liberty-Candidates.org Candidate Surveys

ronpaulhawaii
03-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Gigi Bowman has set up www.liberty-candidates.org She would like to have some RPF members on the vetting committee. Here is an example of the survey w/answers from one of the prospects:

Yay or Nay, Comments Welcome
Please remember to check out website as well

Full Name: Edward M. Gonzalez
Office you seek: U.S. Representative in Congress
State: CA
District: 16

Email Address: info@edwardmgonzalez.com

Next, please answer the four Liberty Candidate questions:
1. Re. the U.S. Financial System:
· 1a. What is your view of the monetary system in the U.S. today?
Fiat currencies are an immoral invention of governments and inconsistent with a free society.
· 1b. What is primarily responsible for a large percentage of our nation’s current economic, social and political problems?
The primary source of current economic, social, and political problems is government intervention into the private lives of citizens.
· 1c. What corrective actions would you work to implement?
The first big step is to limit the federal government in the actions it has the authority to take. The reassertion of the 10th Amendment and States rights to manage their internal affairs without federal involvement will accomplish this.
· 1d. Do you agree or disagree with the actions the Federal Reserve has taken to address the financial/economic crisis, and why?
I disagree with the actions taken by the Federal Reserve. Bailing out failed institutions with money created out of thin air is not only the wrong decision, it is exactly opposite of what should be happening. No business is “too big to fail,” and money creation redistributes wealth and distorts the capital structure of the economy.
2. Re. U.S. sovereignty:
· 2a. What are your thoughts on American sovereignty in an age of globalism?
The United States is a sovereign nation whose only political responsibility to other nations is to respect their sovereignty and right to self governance.
· 2b.What is the biggest source of influence and actions in U.S. government agencies and policies that has been damaging to American sovereignty?
Agencies do not make policy, our elected representatives do. It is our representatives that give these agencies their power over the American people.
· 2c. What can be done to limit these influences?
Elect representatives that understand individual liberty, both social and economic. Once these representatives are in place they will be able to dismantle or redefine the current government agencies.
3. What are your views on the necessity of the Patriot Act to protect America?
American is the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave; not the land of the safe and the home of the over protected. We do not need the Patriot Act to keep us safe.
4. Re. Foreign Policy:
· 4a. What is your opinion on current US foreign policy?
Our foreign policy should be own of mutual respect for sovereignty and free trade with all nations.
· 4b. What is your stance about the “war on terror”?
Terrorism is a tactic, an action to achieve a desired end. It is impossible to win a war on a tactic. The government might as well declare war on snipers, support by fire, or artillery.
· 4c. Do you understand the justification or the illegality of this policy? Be Specific.
Our Congress has the power to declare war against a sovereign nation. By declaring “war” on a tactic, they are attempting to justify military action against any nation doing something that they don’t like. It redefines the role of our military from a force of defense to a force of domination.
That's it! Please send your information to hello@liberty-candidates.org. You'll hear back from us within a couple of days. We look forward to supporting all Liberty Candidates in the 2010 elections! Thank you!

I don't have the time to be fully involved with this. The project is one I have seen many requests for involvement from here. Who can step up, and help out with the committee, keeping the general membership here informed?

Thanks

BuddyRey
03-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Bump for sound and principled candidate-vetters!

someperson
03-02-2010, 04:44 PM
I like the non-multiple-choice format :)

ronpaulhawaii
03-03-2010, 01:24 PM
bump

K466
03-03-2010, 03:02 PM
I was thinking we needed a site like this!

Nathan Hale
03-04-2010, 09:48 PM
While I like the site, it would be nice to have a little more information on the candidates before drilling down to their bio. You should post their party and race next to their names.

ronpaulhawaii
03-07-2010, 01:12 PM
While I like the site, it would be nice to have a little more information on the candidates before drilling down to their bio. You should post their party and race next to their names.

Not my site, and I am hoping members here have joined the group to offer suggestions to Gigi, help vet candidates, and keep us updated...