PDA

View Full Version : About Digg...

Noog
10-07-2007, 11:34 PM
There is a trend on digg where people are doing their best to bury any story related to RP as quickly as they can because they are sick of the spamming some people are engaging in. I have to admit, they have a point. There are plenty of duplicate stories posted on almost any article pertaining to RP. Please, make sure you don't submit something that is already posted! If a story is posted more than once, digg the one that has the most diggs and bury the other duplicates. That way, people who just digg all the positive sounding articles aren't digging duplicates. This will not only reduce the number of wanton buries, it will concentrate our diggs on single posts and help get them to the front page faster and more efficiently.

Just my opinion.

FrankRep
10-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Amen.

kylebrotherton
10-08-2007, 03:25 AM
I've been using digg almost since it was created. In fact, that's where I learned about Ron Paul.

In my opinion, you can't regulate the stories being posted on digg. Most of the submitters probably won't see this thread.

Instead, I would encourage any of you who use the site to only digg the best Ron Paul articles.

BTW, if thousands of people digg an article, that means its popular- and therefore not spam.

literatim
10-08-2007, 05:50 AM
The whole "spamming" thing is an excuse. They just hate Ron Paul and his message and wish to hide it.

FrankRep
10-08-2007, 06:37 AM
Many times the same story is submitted 3 or 4 times.

paulitics
10-08-2007, 07:02 AM
We abuse digg. It should be newsworthy, not "Ron Paul appears on XYZ show". Thats not important. We bury ourselves by having 10 duplicates of a pointless article.
Now when there is an important story it will be 10 times more difficult to get it on the frontpage.

UCFGavin
10-08-2007, 07:07 AM
The whole "spamming" thing is an excuse. They just hate Ron Paul and his message and wish to hide it.

i disagree. there really are way too many RP articles on Digg.

speciallyblend
10-08-2007, 08:10 AM
I thought spamming is when one person votes multiple times.You can only Digg an article once.Having Thousands Digg an article,isnt spamming ,its called popular.If others cant digg other presidential candidates how is that ron paul supporters fault?

RonPaulFever
10-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Who gives a shit about Digg?

kylejack
10-08-2007, 08:19 AM
I thought spamming is when one person votes multiple times.You can only Digg an article once.Having Thousands Digg an article,isnt spamming ,its called popular.If others cant digg other presidential candidates how is that ron paul supporters fault?

Digging stupid stuff that's not very relevant is a good way to piss off the diggmunity.

Noog
10-08-2007, 06:22 PM

You are right. The real problem is people submitting several duplicate stories. It really only takes a few seconds to make sure an article that one is submitting hasn't already been posted.

UtahApocalypse
10-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Amen, this has been a issue of contention here many times. Then when we have a truly important or exciting story to post it does not good because we have cried wolf with 100's of pointless articles and duplicates.

DrNoZone
10-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Amen, this has been a issue of contention here many times. Then when we have a truly important or exciting story to post it does not good because we have cried wolf with 100's of pointless articles and duplicates.

I agree with the duplicates thing, but where in Digg's Terms of Service does it say "you must only submit stories that are important according to some unknown guideline". Seriously, if you're a member of Digg and YOU think it's important enough to Digg, then do it. Just don't duplicate stories.

Ron Paul Fan
10-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Who gives a shit about Digg?

This sums up my feelings about Digg and this thread. Well said sir.