PDA

View Full Version : I got a response this morning from Paul's DC office in RE: to the SRLC...

Reason
03-02-2010, 09:35 AM
~~edit~~
UPDATE!
GO TO THIS THREAD FOR MORE INFO!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=234477
~~edit~~

I was told that Paul did receive an invitation, they received it less than a month ago and that Paul had not made a decision on if he was going to attend or not.

It was stated that he has an extremely packed schedule for April.

jmdrake
03-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Ok. Well that's good news on two front. (He received an invitation and he's in high demand these days). I hope he decides to go!

RM918
03-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Ok. Well that's good news on two front. (He received an invitation and he's in high demand these days). I hope he decides to go!

I hope so. This is pretty important.

Juan McCain
03-02-2010, 10:06 AM
I was told that Paul did receive an invitation, . . . Paul had not made a decision on if he was going to attend or not.

Yeah, the likes of Ex-Governor Romney and Ex-Governor Palin and Ex-Congressman Newt Gingrich
will have so much free time on their hands . . .

Thanks for passing this info on to us all.

Epic
03-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Oh man, he HAS to go...

Cause then his fans will show up, and a lot will vote in the straw poll.

MRoCkEd
03-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Oh man, he HAS to go...

Cause then his fans will show up, and a lot will vote in the straw poll.
I think they are almost out of tickets, though, so it could be very bad for Ron if he attends and the place is packed with non-supporters.

rp08orbust
03-02-2010, 11:52 AM
I think they are almost out of tickets, though

What are you basing this on? It sounds to me like only the VIP tickets are limited:

VIP Registration
Register as a VIP and get access to VIP-only events, receptions and a special VIP lounge during the conference. Includes complete access to all general sessions with major speakers, the breakout sessions, the exhibit hall and the straw poll. Enjoy great food and hospitality at the Taste of Louisiana Party on Friday night, our Saturday night Gala, as well as a VIP brunch on Friday and Saturday. Space is EXTREMELY limited. SALES END Mar 05, 2010 PRICE $699

Partial Access Registration (Includes Friday Night Bash: Taste of Louisiana)
Save on your registration and enjoy access to the main sessions via live simulcast television in an adjacent room. When space allows, during any session, you’ll have access to the main ballroom. Enjoy great food and hospitality at the Taste of Louisiana Party on Friday night as well as complete access to breakout sessions, the exhibit hall and the straw poll. SALES END Apr 08, 2010 PRICE $119
h ttp://www.srlc2010.com/register/

aclove
03-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Regardless of how many tickets are left, if Dr. Paul has not made up his mind about whether or not to go, then that means that C4L, YAL, and S4L have not made a concerted effort to get our people to this conference and GOTV for whatever straw poll they're doing. This would mean that it could very well hurt more to go and be surrounded by neocons and do poorly in a poll for which we haven't done the necessary preparation than to not be included in it at all.

When FOX News and the rest spin the results (and they will), what'll look better...for Dr. Paul to be able to say, "Yeah, I didn't win it because I wasn't included" or "Yeah, we got our asses kicked, but at least I was there!"

catdd
03-02-2010, 12:14 PM
"I was told that Paul did receive an invitation, they received it less than a month ago and that Paul had not made a decision on if he was going to attend or not."

I wonder why his invitation was sent so late, and if it was sent before or after he won the CPAC straw poll.

UtahApocalypse
03-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Just because Paul may not attend does not mean that real conservatives should not plan to be there.

Juan McCain
03-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Why not go . . . if the House schedule permits.

It is an opportunity for some of the party to hear him on the same stage as the others . . .
and gives him another opportunity to be persuasive to these crowds, just as well as how he always is with us.

The logic of . . . don't go because we are not prepared as supporters . . . and it would look bad -
well, that really has not stopped RP all that much before.

But if he is at the House of Representatives working for the 14th of Texas - and ultimately all of us -
that is another matter entirely, imho.

rp08orbust
03-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Just because Paul may not attend does not mean that real conservatives should not plan to be there.

SRLC has said Ron Paul will be on the straw poll ballot regardless.

The fact that Mitt Romney will not be there is not deterring Even gel ickles 4 Mitt [sic] from packing SRLC with Mitt voters.

Juan McCain
03-02-2010, 04:22 PM
SRLC has said Ron Paul will be on the straw poll ballot regardless.

That there is reason enough to go - if it is possible that you can.

Louisiana and North Texas grassroots and all others inclined to get to N.O.
we all need your help to show that Ron Paul is Right!

As a warm-up ya' could check out this here . . . Ron Paul Was Right ........
@www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBTMRExG_ZI&feature=related

YouTube - Ron Paul Was Right ........ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBTMRExG_ZI&feature=related)

Matt Collins
03-04-2010, 05:00 PM
UPDATE:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=234477