PDA

View Full Version : Tactics: Press On in the Face of Adversity

KingTheoden
10-07-2007, 11:23 PM
The campaign is burgeoning better than we could have ever hoped. While time is fast leaving us, we have three solid months to firmly ensconce the Ron Paul Revolution across America.

And it is now, while we are enjoying great victories in recent days, we must remember that not everyday will match the previous one. In particular, I want to encourage all Ron Paul troopers out there who are handing out literature, setting up tables, and engaging people to not get discouraged when faced with naysayers.

In just the week of my activism, I have come to see at this small school a smörgåsbord of people. Many you will encounter will be hardcore marxist minded people who think the government is supposed to manage our every life experience. Some will laugh at you with horse faces and try to tell you Hillary is going to get us out of Iraq. And of course many will simply not care.

The trick is to not let the potential voter get to you. You have to think of it as you being a salesman or saleswoman. Eventually you learn when to be forceful and when to pull back, when to talk and try to sell and when to move on to the next passerby.

What will help is if you look like an authority figure. I have the distinction of appearing about five years older and will dress the part. You also have to exude confidence (not to get into psychic energies or anything like that, I do believe that people quite readily pick up on how much you believe in yourself. It is okay to have a little ego!).

The coming months are so critical in that we not only maintain our esprit de corps but push harder no matter what the challenge.

Corydoras
10-08-2007, 02:24 AM
And be prepared for people to disagree with you, but also be ready for receptive folks who have never heard of him before. I told one acquaintance to vote for Ron Paul, and he immediately said, "OK, I trust you, if you say he's good, I'll vote for him."

I gave him a Liberty Card anyway, because I wanted to solidify his support. It was a calculated risk-- I knew he liked Buchanan even if he didn't know much about paleoconservatism. Fortunately, he came back and said "You know, that's a good website. Normally I just scan websites, but I actually read that one. That guy is on the people's side."

(I'm going to work on getting him to donate next. Heh, heh.)

A very successful salesperson I knew used to say, when rejected time after time, "So what? So what? So what? NEXT!"

Keep at it, folks, it makes a difference!