PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart Eviscerates Rick Sanchez (CNN) Over Tsunami Coverage

purplechoe
03-02-2010, 03:42 AM
the clip is at the link...

http://tv.gawker.com/5483354/jon-stewart-eviscerates-rick-sanchez-over-tsunami-coverage

Jon Stewart Eviscerates Rick Sanchez Over Tsunami Coverage

On Saturday, we brought you the news of Rick Sanchez's stupid, sanctimonious and downright infuriating coverage on CNN of the Chilean earthquake and near-worldwide tsunami warning. Tonight, Jon Stewart brilliantly took Sanchez to task, and it was EPIC. Video inside.

Jon Stewart Eviscerates Rick Sanchez Over Tsunami Coverage

In under four minutes, Stewart managed to:

* Mock Sanchez's confusion at the smallest, most obvious piece of common sense,
* point out that Sanchez identified the Galapagos Islands as Hawaii,
* again make note of Sanchez's infuriating confusion at anything and everything,
* hilariously comment on Sanchez's "Nine meters in English is...?" statement,
* show how much of an unnecessary dick Sanchez was to the on-set oceanographer,
* compare Sanchez to a coked up guy at a party who corners you and tries to explain—really intensely—that the ant is the strongest animal in existence (for its size),
* and work in footage of Sanchez being tasered.

Well done, Mr. Stewart. Well done.

Ron_Paul_Knows
03-02-2010, 04:13 AM
that was pretty damn hilarious. I practically cried when he misidentified Hawaii. anchorman FAIL.

purplechoe
03-02-2010, 04:42 AM
here's another good one from a few days ago... :)

Jon Stewart Sums Up Everything That is Wrong with America in Under Four Minutes
http://tv.gawker.com/5478876/jon-stewart-sums-up-everything-that-is-wrong-with-america-in-under-four-minutes

silverhandorder
03-02-2010, 06:29 AM
"Well it's not like we can charge them for not using their card. WHOA! Why is everyone kissing me? Let go of my penis!"

Bwahahaha

purplechoe
03-02-2010, 05:19 PM
bump for laughs...

dannno
03-02-2010, 05:35 PM
laughs

Juan McCain
03-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Sanchez : (pointing off South America/Central America) And . . . and this is Hawai'i
Stewart : "That must have been one hell of a tsunami"

Sanchez : 9 meters in English
Stewart : "9 meters in English - woa dat'd be 9 metres Governour"

but really rolling on the floor with the skit with . . .
Stewart : "We're not done talking about how crazy strong ants are, alright buddy"

"Well done, Mr. Stewart. Well done."

RideTheDirt
03-02-2010, 05:59 PM
"well it's not like we can charge them for not using their card. Whoa! Why is everyone kissing me? Let go of my penis!"

bwahahaha
lol!

Danke
03-02-2010, 06:00 PM
lol. Those were great. Thanks guys.

Bruno
03-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Wow, didn't know this. Check out one of the comments

Whenever Rick Sanchez gets sanctimonious and self righteous (read: every day) I always secretly hope someone will bring up that time he hit that guy with his car, drove away, was picked up with alcohol on his breath (he claims he went home and had a drink to calm his nerves) and never had to pay restitution or serve any jail time while the guy he hit was paralyzed and eventually died due to his injuries. And, now he has a show. Where he gets all moralizingly judgy judge on a new person each and every day. Why can't someone mention that?

Ron_Paul_Knows
03-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Check out the latest gem from this a-hole, redefining the meaning of "states rights" on yesterday's show.
http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?v=Xd8zVr8z6U (http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?v=Xd8zVr8z6U)

Texan4Life
03-04-2010, 12:32 AM
lol

Pete_00
03-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Why people admire John Stewart and all this "leftwing" funny guys? I mean, they still give people the "war for oil" BS so why do you trust them?

I have a very interesting video of Stephen Colbert interviewing Zev Chafets, the author of "A Match Made in Heaven: American Jews, Christian Zionists, and One Man's Exploration of the Weird and Wonderful Judeo-Evangelical Alliance". An interview where Stephen Colbert (the real one not the Bill O´Reilly one) reveals his zionist views by saying something like: "...you know why i support the Jews dont you? Because I WANT THAT TEMPLE MOUNT REBUILT!".

You can probably find that interview on Colbert website, search for "Zev Chafets".

BenIsForRon
03-04-2010, 01:06 AM
^wtf.

NoHero
03-04-2010, 01:29 AM
Yea, I saw Sanchez say states rights is code for racism the other day and spit out my Kix. Someone send that idiot the 10th amendment. And Pete, do you realize Colbert is all sarcasm? You should read some article comments on rawstory.com if you think all left wingers are pro-Israel.

Pete_00
03-04-2010, 01:43 AM
^wtf.

WTF why?

Why is Viacom - Comedy Central - Jon Stewart worthy of consideration? Please explain to me. Why are this "leftwing" intellectualoids and "funny guys" still giving us the "War for Oil" crap? How come they all supported Obama and many times made fun of Ron Paul?

Go to Stephen Colbert website and search for his VERY revealing interview with Zev Chafets go on :) And you can even find some Colbert rants against Ron Paul.

Well here it is: http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/82754/february-26-2007/zev-chafets

Notice how things get a "little" racial when Colbert tells him "...i could be more jewish than you", Chafetz fires back: "Not in a million years..." This part is very revealing about the nature of this alliance...

But the "...I WANT THAT TEMPLE MOUNT REBUILT!" is the most revealing part.

PS - When you view Colbert interview with Chafets please remember the Colbert is a devout Catholic and gives Sunday School classes ;)

Pete_00
03-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Yea, I saw Sanchez say states rights is code for racism the other day and spit out my Kix. Someone send that idiot the 10th amendment. And Pete, do you realize Colbert is all sarcasm? You should read some article comments on rawstory.com if you think all left wingers are pro-Israel.

No he isnt ALL sarcasm. When it comes to morals, religion and Israel he isnt sarcasm :)

Like i stated he is a VERY devout Catholic and strongly beleives in family values. There are interviews where he clearly states this. Watch his interview with Chafetz and you will quickly realise that he isnt all sarcasm. Want a "Colbert" in the US government? Joe Biden.

PS - Transcript of Rahm Emanuel roasting Colbert: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/15/rahm-emanuel-roasts-steph_n_144081.html

"On Barack Obama: Of course, Stephen and I do have our differences. Stephen believes the messiah is Jesus Christ. In my briefing books, that's Barack Obama."

Zev Chafets "alliance" at work and most people dont even notice lol

NoHero
03-04-2010, 02:04 AM
No he isnt ALL sarcasm. When it comes to morals, religion and Israel he isnt sarcasm :)

Like i stated he is a VERY devout Catholic and strongly beleives in family values. There are interviews where he clearly states this. Watch his interview with Chafetz and you will quickly realise that he isnt all sarcasm. Want a "Colbert" in the US government? Joe Biden.

PS - Transcript of Rahm Emanuel roasting Colbert: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/15/rahm-emanuel-roasts-steph_n_144081.html

"On Barack Obama: Of course, Stephen and I do have our differences. Stephen believes the messiah is Jesus Christ. In my briefing books, that's Barack Obama."

Zev Chafets "alliance" at work and most people dont even notice lol

Colbert blastr Jesus and christianity on his show, though he is a Sunday school teacher. I thought he and Stewart treated Paul fairer than most on their shows. Stewart even defended RP on O'Reilly. Colbert had a guy on his show tonight denouncing the empire.

BenIsForRon
03-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Colbert had a guy on his show tonight denouncing the empire.

Yeah, that was a really good interview. The audience was pretty quiet, you could tell this guy was wrinkling their brain with the whole "congress is supposed to declare war" thing.