PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson to appear on Real Time w/ Bill Maher

MRoCkEd
03-01-2010, 06:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IgZcQ.png (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gary-Johnson-Our-America/165297924363?ref=ts)

BamaFanNKy
03-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Maybe he can set those whack jobs on there straight.

malkusm
03-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Looking forward to seeing that....hopefully Bill Maher gives him a fair shake and doesn't have an Obamabot panel that dismisses him after the interview....

haaaylee
03-01-2010, 06:54 PM
I have a feeling legalizing drugs will come up :)

speciallyblend
03-01-2010, 06:57 PM
I have a feeling legalizing drugs will come up :)

yep, but don't worry the gop will continue the big government failed drug war,unless they actually listen to us!! anti-marijuana folks are like flat earthers!!

BamaFanNKy
03-01-2010, 06:59 PM
yep, but don't worry the gop will continue the big government failed drug war,unless they actually listen to us!! anti-marijuana folks are like flat earthers!!

YouTube - Our America - Drugs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsowQ0hE9gA&feature=player_embedded)

speciallyblend
03-01-2010, 07:11 PM
YouTube - Our America - Drugs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsowQ0hE9gA&feature=player_embedded)

already on board with gary;) but thanks for video, hopefully the gop will pay attention;)

Immortal Technique
03-01-2010, 07:17 PM

he equates in this video that smoking pot and driving is equal to drinking and driving.
I would like to see the statistics and or science he draws this conclusion from.
:D

speciallyblend
03-01-2010, 07:26 PM
he equates in this video that smoking pot and driving is equal to drinking and driving.
I would like to see the statistics and or science he draws this conclusion from.

yeah studies actually show that marijuana smokers are attentive and less likely to wreck,since they are more aware of their intoxification!! while a drunk driver ignores his. the studies i have read imply that marijuana smokers are less likely to wreck or even drive!!

haaaylee
03-01-2010, 07:27 PM

i'd say paranoia makes you a far better driver :D

BenIsForRon
03-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Fuck yea, I hope he does well.

Nathan Hale
03-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Gary is a laid back kinda guy, he'll get a good interview. The question is whether he'll be doing a satellite interview, an in-studio interview, or be part of the panel.

Thrashertm
03-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Bill Maher claims to be "libertarian", but has revealed himself to be just a partisan hack. I watched part of his recent standup act on HBO last night, and had to turn it off after 20 min. He ripped on the GOP endlessly while giving the Democrats a total pass. Perhaps that's him just acting the role of entertainer, but it was irritating because he frames the GOP as a monolith of Sara Palin fans while ignoring our existence.

cajuncocoa
03-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Bill Maher claims to be "libertarian", but has revealed himself to be just a partisan hack. I watched part of his recent standup act on HBO last night, and had to turn it off after 20 min. He ripped on the GOP endlessly while giving the Democrats a total pass. Perhaps that's him just acting the role of entertainer, but it was irritating because he frames the GOP as a monolith of Sara Palin fans while ignoring our existence.

Others who claim to be libertarians (Glenn Beck comes to mind) slam only the Left while giving the Right a total pass.

I always wonder if they're really trying to bastardize what it means to call oneself a Libertarian (to those who don't already know, that is).

scoot87
03-06-2010, 09:06 PM

This whole thing about labeling people and expecting them to fit this narrow ideological prism that we adhere to is unrealistic. We need to understand that people have different views on different things and a lot of time it can delve into many different political orientations. Maher is libertarian when it comes to drugs. He is progressive when it comes to health care. He is antiwar and subscribes to Ron Paul's policy of nonintervention. I mean there are things that we can agree and disagree with him on, but to just dismiss him because he isnt everything we want him to be is being unrealistic.

Nathan Hale
03-06-2010, 09:09 PM
This whole thing about labeling people and expecting them to fit this narrow ideological prism that we adhere to is unrealistic. We need to understand that people have different views on different things and a lot of time it can delve into many different political orientations. Maher is libertarian when it comes to drugs. He is progressive when it comes to health care. He is antiwar and subscribes to Ron Paul's policy of nonintervention. I mean there are things that we can agree and disagree with him on, but to just dismiss him because he isnt everything we want him to be is being unrealistic.

Agreed. Libertarianism, according to the Nolan chart, is an entire fifth of the political spectrum. Maher probably falls closer to the left of the spectrum. Beck to the right. But both, in my experience with them, qualify for the label.

AuH20
03-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Others who claim to be libertarians (Glenn Beck comes to mind) slam only the Left while giving the Right a total pass.

I always wonder if they're really trying to bastardize what it means to call oneself a Libertarian (to those who don't already know, that is).

Uh. Beck ripped the political wing of the Right into tiny little pieces at CPAC. Beck has been at their throat for 3 years before that outburst. He's been the GOP's fiercest critic that he's drawn the ire of Bill Bennett, Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin.

scoot87
03-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Agreed. Libertarianism, according to the Nolan chart, is an entire fifth of the political spectrum. Maher probably falls closer to the left of the spectrum. Beck to the right. But both, in my experience with them, qualify for the label.

I mean I cringe sometimes at what I see as ignorance in terms of some of Maher's opinions. He is definitely a comedian and commentator that is successful at making controversial and shocking opinions. I despise his generalist view of religion as inherently bad along with his ability to group and categorize people together. Even though much of what he says can frustrate me, I continue to watch him because I respect people that show an honesty about what they are espousing. Much of what he says comes from a coherent and well-thought out rationale, even though the conclusions can be misguided. All in all, I much prefer to watch Maher and Jon Stewart because even with all the disagreements, there is a genuineness in terms of what they believe in and they aren't stating what they believe as some sort of partisan hack.

BenIsForRon
03-06-2010, 09:58 PM
I dislike Maher because he has a huge ego, not because of his politics. Just watch his facial expressions, he really thinks he's the smartest dude in the room.

SimpleName
03-07-2010, 03:08 AM
I dislike Maher because he has a huge ego, not because of his politics. Just watch his facial expressions, he really thinks he's the smartest dude in the room.

I second that. The rampant liberalism only intensifies my disgust.

Condor Bastadon
03-07-2010, 03:31 AM
Maher definitely has a douchey attitude....but his humor makes up for it. It's hard to get too riled up by a guy that you know has banged Ann Coulter, though.

DjLoTi
03-07-2010, 03:31 AM
I'd say it's good entertainment!! Hopefully a video comes out i can watch

scoot87
03-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Maher definitely has a douchey attitude....but his humor makes up for it. It's hard to get too riled up by a guy that you know has banged Ann Coulter, though.

Maher is quite funny and his "I don't give a fuck what I say" type attitude is what I respect.

scoot87
03-08-2010, 12:56 PM
this makes sense how Johnson got invited to Real Time

Former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson continues his high profile blitz across America, this time in Washington D.C. at the 15th anniversary gala for the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP), a pro-marijuana legalization advocacy group. Others associated with the gala include comedians Cheech and Chong, talk show host Bill Maher, actor Steve Buscemi and musician Melissa Etheridge.

akforme
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM

I didn't know he was gay.