PDA

View Full Version : Nyt: Republican surprise

Matt Collins
03-01-2010, 04:03 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/01/opinion/01douthat.html?ref=opinion

driege
03-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Nowhere in that article does it say anything about Romney being the Tea Party candidate. The article mentions Romney in passing, but it is about the possibility of Mitch Daniels being the Republican nominee.

Matt Collins
03-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Nowhere in that article does it say anything about Romney being the Tea Party candidate. The article mentions Romney in passing, but it is about the possibility of Mitch Daniels being the Republican nominee.Sorry. That's what I get for simply skimming headlines. My apologies...

Juan McCain
03-01-2010, 04:22 PM
A lunch aquaintance just gave me a copy of the NY Times National edition (no sports)
so I just saw this op-ed article in the paper edition . . .
"A Republican Surprise"

. . . talking about CPAC . . . ok looks promising . . .

"A Republican Surprise" at the very top of the column on the back page A23

Nowhere are the seven letters R-o-n P-a-u-l included together anywhere in that article - I lost my appetite.

"For a Daniels candidacy to catch fire, what’s left of the Republican establishment, currently
(if reluctantly) coalescing around Mitt Romney, would have to decide that he’s the better pick.
That would mean gambling that the best way to defeat the most charismatic president of modern times
is to nominate a balding, wonky Midwesterner who reminds voters of their accountant."

But note that in the paper edition - not shown online above - is a banner "sub-title" in the middle of the article . . .
"Murmings about Mitch Daniels for 2012"
NY Times March 1, 2010 Page A23

Absolutely no mention of Ron Paul anywhere

catdd
03-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Sorry. That's what I get for simply skimming headlines. My apologies...

Was gonna say.