PDA

View Full Version : Farrakhan turns on Obama, ADL condems

Liberty Star
03-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Back to pre-election days, looks like honeymoon is over:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1153097.html

EDIT: Title correction, "Obama" in thread title should be read as "Israel lobby".

jmdrake
03-01-2010, 01:36 PM
LOL. So Newsmax says Farrakhan said the "White right is out to get Obama" and now Ha'aretz says Farrakhan claims the "Jewish lobby is out to get Obama". Funny how two different outlets spin the same story totally differently. At some point I need to hear the speech for myself. (Though at 3 1/2 hours long that's a chunk of time. I can't imagine even sitting a listening to that long of a speech.)

BlackTerrel
03-01-2010, 02:03 PM
U.S. President Barack Obama is targeted because of standing up to the Jews who control American politics as well as its economy, the Chicago Sun Times quoted the leader of Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan as saying on Monday.

Farrakhan, speaking to a crowd of 20,000 followers at Chicago's United Center on Sunday, said that Obama's political problems began when he, according to the Chicago Sun Times report, stood up to the Jewish lobby during a White House meeting.

When they left the White House, his problems began," Farrakhan said, adding that "the Zionists are in control of the Congress."

It sounds like he's supporting Obama, not targeting him - based on your link.

Either way I doubt Obama wants his support.

Liberty Star
03-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I just saw that thread, it is totally different coverage.

Don't know much about newsmax reporting record except that it's a neocon mag, Haaretz reporting is generally much more reliable than our media though.

Liberty Star
03-01-2010, 02:12 PM
It sounds like he's supporting Obama, not targeting him - based on your link.

Either way I doubt Obama wants his support.

Link belongs to Haaretz but where are you reading him supporting Obama there and Obama not wanting his help? Only thing I see is ADL rejecting Farrakhan's support if anything:

Minister Farrakhan also referred to the U.S. president's chief economical advisors, Timothy Geithner, Henry Paulson and Larry Summers, asking "Who does he have around him? The people from Goldman Sachs."

The leader of the Nation of Islam added that "bloodsuckers of the poor" were rewarded with a bailout.

Abraham Foxman, director of the Anti-Defamation League, said in response to Farrakhan's speech that "anybody who thought the old Farrakhan was gone: He never was."

"It's the same Farrakhan: ugly and anti-Semitic. With age, he doesn't get milder, he gets uglier."