PDA

View Full Version : Mike Church talking about Debra Medina right now and Beckites - Sirius #144

Cowlesy
03-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Mike is supporting and defending Debra right now, and shaming the DeceptiCons who are trying to torpedo her campaign.

Matt Collins
03-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Mike Church is the man!

Cowsley, had you heard of him prior to CPAC?

payme_rick
03-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Mike Church annoys me... He just doesn't do anything for me...

only because I'm working while he's on... he could at least be on at 7C so I can listen to some of him on my way to work, or at 4:30 when I get off... but NOOOOOO...

FrankRep
03-01-2010, 12:23 PM
How big is his listening audience?

Cowlesy
03-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Mike Church is the man!

Cowsley, had you heard of him prior to CPAC?

Here and there. He was really one of the few online talkers that said "wait a damn minute" when the Medina thing went down. I joined his website because of that. I only met him by chance at CPAC because Jack Hunter introduced him to me at like 2:30am after I introduced myself to Jack with a drunken Southern Avenger voice imitation.

I don't really listen to talk radio because I walk a mile to work (so no car ride), and am in meetings/working a lot, but I used to have Glenn Beck in the background, occasionally, for 9am-12pm.

You know, I think Beck has read a lot books, but he just cannot hold a candle to Mike Church's knowledge of how American Government SHOULD work or history in general for that matter. It's not even close on States Rights when comparing. Church is always off-the-cuff reaching back to court cases I've never heard of before to define and frame a debate about how things should work. I also feel that Beck is always carefully parsing his words/statements when it comes to getting behind a truly great candidate like Debra Medina. Church, at least during my two weeks of tuning in so far, doesn't do any of that and blasts everyone equally for straying off the past of what those of us in the Limited Government/States Right camp. He also is very forthright about his past drinking of the neoconservative koolaid (like me and many others did), and I think that shows that it is OKAY to change your mind, instead of keeping one's head in the sand.

The bottomline is I make it a point to make sure I turn on the link at 9am, because 1) I'm going to learn something 2) I'm going to laugh because he makes very important topics entertaining.

I will occasionally create a post like this during listening when he's hitting on a topic that is important to us. He's getting our shared message out, and maybe I expose a few folks who aren't aware he's out there playing our song. Can't hurt at least.

Cowlesy
03-01-2010, 12:45 PM
How big is his listening audience?

No idea. I think I recall him saying he has 8,700 folks on his subscriber-website. No idea what it translates to in online listenership.

purplechoe
03-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Mike is supporting and defending Debra right now, and shaming the DeceptiCons who are trying to torpedo her campaign.

I like that term... :)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/02/26/optimus_prime.jpg

Matt Collins
03-01-2010, 04:00 PM
I like that term... :)

Mike Church coined it himself

Cowlesy
03-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Friend him on facebook -- "Mike Church" -- he's trying to get to 2,000 friends within 10 days.