PDA

View Full Version : 3/1 R.S. McCain @ The American Spectator: Frankly Kooky

Cowlesy
03-01-2010, 07:04 AM
http://spectator.org/archives/2010/03/01/frankly-kooky

NY Times' Frank Rich lumped all tea partiers together. Rich invokes Joseph Andrew Stack III, smears the John Birch Society and paints us all as crazy nutjobs.

McCain does a concise job of pointing out the hypocrisy, not to mention the predictable liberal screeching when conservatives begin to gain ground.

A good read. Much more at the link.

Frankly Kooky

By Robert Stacy McCain on 3.1.10 @ 6:07AM

Accusing opponents of dangerous insanity has become so commonplace in the Age of Obama that such discourse is now taken for granted. Frank Rich devoted the entirety of his Sunday New York Times column to insinuating that the Tea Party movement is a paranoid aggregation motivated by "frothing anti-government, anti-tax rage," and thereby complicit in the Feb. 18 crime of Andrew Joseph Stack III, who piloted his Piper airplane into an Internal Revenue Service office in Texas.

This rhetorical conflation of political protests and Stack's kamikaze crash required Rich to overlook the quite specific grievances described by Stack in his profanity-strewn suicide note. Stack alluded to a "$10,000 helping of justice" -- apparently a penalty for failure to file a tax return several years ago -- and blamed his accountant and the IRS for a more recent audit involving $12,700 of his wife's unreported income.

Along with his strictly personal ax-grinding against the IRS-CPA axis, Stack also ranted about "the vulgar, corrupt Catholic church," "the monsters of organized religion," "presidential puppet GW Bush and his cronies," the "rich" and "wealthy." None of that bears meaningful resemblance to the politics of Sarah Palin, Tim Pawlenty, Glenn Beck or any of the other name-brand figures swept up in Frank Rich's all-encompassing indictment of what he calls the "anti-government right."

Also, I enjoy reading his blog The Other McCain (http://www.theothermccain.com) where he and another blogger Smitty cover a variety topics.

FrankRep
03-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Speaking of the New York Times.

Behind The Big News: Can we Trust the Mainstream Media?

Behind The Big News: Can we Trust the Mainstream Media? on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/9781449)

Most Americans know the mainstream media manipulates stories, manufactures illusions, and exploits fears. But the reason is more than just liberal bias or sloppy reporting. Behind the Big News exposes a revolutionary agenda originating outside the media that defines today's headlines. This powerful and fast-paced video examines some of the biggest news stories in recent decades to discover how this subversive agenda is promoted. Behind the Big News also reveals an effective strategy to overcome this ongoing assault on American freedom.

amy31416
03-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks, I read Rich's article yesterday and was pretty irritated by it. My only complaint is that I didn't see any mention of the fact that Stack quoted Marx favorably in his little manifesto, which is hardly something that a tea party person of any stripe would do. That's the first thing I would have called Rich out on.