PDA

View Full Version : Farrakhan: 'White Right' Out to Hurt Obama

bobbyw24
03-01-2010, 05:51 AM
Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan claims the "white right" is trying to make Barack Obama a one-term president.

The 76-year-old says the stalling of health care legislation is proof.

Farrakhan is addressing followers of the Chicago-based movement that has embraced black nationalism since its founding. Sunday's keynote speech is before an estimated 20,000 people on the last day of the group's Saviours Day convention.

http://newsmax.com/InsideCover/US-Nation-of-Islam/2010/02/28/id/351179

coyote_sprit
03-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Did he ever stop to think that the reason that people have genuine reasons for hating Obamacare? No he didn't because he sees only color.

johngr
03-01-2010, 06:55 AM
From this video YouTube - Farrakhan Exposes Bankers and America's Hidden Agenda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxO-z0XWaLc) I should think that Farrakhan would "hate" Obama worse than the most "hateful" white nationalist.

catdd
03-01-2010, 08:39 AM
I would think having Farrakhan as an ally would be much more of a liability to Obama than any white right wingers.

FrankRep
03-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Louis Farrakhan

:rolleyes:

Bruno
03-01-2010, 08:51 AM
I wonder why this article doesn't mention that he spent a good portion of the four hour speech talking about his UFO encounter?

ht tp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/01/farrakhan-predicts-white_n_480239.html

CHICAGO — Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan, boasting his divine stature, on Sunday predicted trouble ahead for President Barack Obama and urged him to do more to improve the lives of blacks and the downtrodden.

The 76-year-old leader said the "white right" was conspiring to make Obama a one-term president, and pointed to his stalled efforts to introduce health care legislation as proof. He said those opponents and lobbyists were trapping him into a future war with Iran that could lead to mass destruction.

"The word 'prophet' is too cheap a word. I am a light in the midst of darkness," Farrakhan said at the annual convention of the movement that embraces black nationalism. "It ain't ego, it's my love for you."

An estimated 20,000 people attended the heavily guarded Saviours' Day event at the United Center in Chicago. Followers – men dressed in navy uniforms and women in white skirt suits with matching hijabs – cheered on Farrakhan with shouts of "Allahu Akbar," Arabic for "God is great."

Farrakhan spent most of the fiery nearly four-hour speech recounting a 1985 vision he had in Mexico. Farrakhan has often described how he believes he was invited aboard an unidentified flying object he calls "the wheel" where he said he heard the late Nation of Islam leader Elijah Muhammad speak to him.

He said that experience led him to inklings about future events, including the United States' 1986 bombing of Libya.

Farrakhan recounted how his divine knowledge has allowed him to recognize countless warning signs over the decades – such as natural disasters such as the earthquake in Chile – and said they indicate impending trouble, including for Obama.

Dressed in ornate creme robes, he addressed the president directly:

"Your people are suffering. You can't ease their plight, but you can use your bully pulpit. Speak for the poor. Speak for the weak."

silus
03-01-2010, 10:22 AM
If the Nation of Islam killed Malcolm X, why would any self-respecting black person give a damn what they have to say about the plight of black America?

They practice a twisted version of Islam as well, so religiously I don't see the reason either.

jmdrake
03-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Interesting. It's sad that Newsmax only picked up on one point from a 3 1/2 hour long speech. I'll have to ask my barber (black Muslim and now firmly against Obama) what he thought of the speech. If Farrakhan overplays his hand he might lose some of his own followers.

Meantime, I found a more complete analysis. It includes the "white right is after Obama" and the "UFO" points. But it also includes Farrakhan going after Geithner, Paulson and the rest of the Goldman Sach's gang that Obama is surrounded by. And it's a theme I'm hearing. Blacks are more and more disgruntled with this administration, but many are more willing to concede that Obama is "surrounded by bad advisers" than to accept that the fish is rotten from the head.

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/religion/2076013,CST-NWS-saviours01.article
Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan claims the "white right" is trying to make Barack Obama a one-term president.

Speaking to an estimated 20,000 followers of the black nationalist movement at the United Center on Sunday, the 76-year-old Farrakhan said, "The white right is trying to set Barack up to be assassinated."
» Click to enlarge image
Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan delivers his annual Saviours' Day speech Sunday at the United Center. He urged President Obama to do more to help the poor.
(Keith Hale/Sun-Times)

PHOTO GALLERY

Saviour's Day celebration

Referring to a Southern Baptist preacher's recent prayer that the president die, Farrakhan said, "There are Christians praying for God to kill Obama."

Obama distanced himself from Farrakhan before the presidential election because of Farrakhan's long history of anti-Semitic remarks.

But in a 3½-hour Saviours' Day speech Sunday, Farrakhan said Obama's current political difficulties began when he stood up to the Jewish lobby during an Oval Office meeting.

"When they left the White House, his problems began," Farrakhan said.

"The Zionists are in control of the Congress."

Referring to Obama's chief economic advisers Timothy Geithner, Henry Paulson and Larry Summers, Farrakhan said, "Who does he have around him? The people from Goldman Sachs."

The "bloodsuckers of the poor" were rewarded with a bailout, he said.

Anti-Defamation League Director Abraham Foxman responded: "Anybody who thought the old Farrakhan was gone: He never was. It's the same Farrakhan: ugly and anti-Semitic. With age, he doesn't get milder, he gets uglier."

Farrakhan also urged Obama to do more to help the poor, saying, "If you can speak for the gays, you can speak for the poor."

He added, "Your people are suffering. You can't ease their plight, but you can use your bully pulpit. Speak for the poor. Speak for the weak."

Farrakhan repeated his claims that 9/11 was "an inside thing." He added that he had been given the ability in 1985 to predict the future on a wheel-shaped spaceship with technology "1 million years ahead" of America's -- claims he also has made in the past.

The spaceship contains 1,500 airplanes, each equipped with three bombs, he said, and the "angels on that human-built planet can build a wall out of air ... wall America in and start a fire."

Farrakhan said it was "too cheap" to call him a prophet, but that he was "not arrogant, I'm very humble."

"I'm a light in the midst of darkness," he said.

He called on Obama not to attack Iran and for ousted Haitian leader Jean-Bertrand Aristide to be returned to power.

squarepusher
03-01-2010, 11:38 AM
he may be right, but not to say the "Black Right" has it out to hurt whitey also. (look at racial voting)

revolutionisnow
03-01-2010, 11:56 AM
I thought Obama was trying to make Obama into a one term President.

catdd
03-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Obama assembled much of the cabinet that has led him down the path to failure and I've always thought there was something fishy about why he chose the people he did.
Goldman-Sachs was a big supporter during his campaign.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-01-2010, 01:06 PM

The 76-year-old says the stalling of health care legislation is proof.

Farrakhan is addressing followers of the Chicago-based movement that has embraced black nationalism since its founding. Sunday's keynote speech is before an estimated 20,000 people on the last day of the group's Saviours Day convention.

http://newsmax.com/InsideCover/US-Nation-of-Islam/2010/02/28/id/351179

As tyranny has persecuted the people forever, why do blacks blame the people and not tyranny? Why is it always a cause of the black people and not of the people? If the Truth is sufficient being clearly self evident and reducing to an unalienable natural right, then why do blacks blame the people and not tyranny? Certainly they have to be confused. This means Farrakhan is only confused.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Obama assembled much of the cabinet that has led him down the path to failure and I've always thought there was something fishy about why he chose the people he did.
Goldman-Sachs was a big supporter during his campaign.

In the end, what did president Obama in was his decision to follow after an extremist agenda. While the American media presents our politics as extremist with socalled blue and red states, we are mostly moderates.
The reason for this is we are a one party nation founded on a natural law, a self evident and unalienable Truth. The reason for the creation of the two party system in our politics wasn't to challenge the power founded by our Founding Fathers; but the reason for the two parties was to interpret that power as the Supreme Court in its infancy had yet to discover that its main function was interpretation by way of their sitting in over matters concerning Constitutionality.
Now, this major screw up by Obama should worry the majority in this nation as minorities once in power, as has been demonstrated in other nations, do tend to keep themselves in power by manipulating the electorial process.

BlackTerrel
03-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Farrakhan spent most of the fiery nearly four-hour speech recounting a 1985 vision he had in Mexico. Farrakhan has often described how he believes he was invited aboard an unidentified flying object he calls "the wheel" where he said he heard the late Nation of Islam leader Elijah Muhammad speak to him.

The funny thing about this is that when I was a kid I remember hearing this story from NOI followers. When Farrakhan went on this "black spaceship" he was told that Armageddon was coming, white rule was soon coming to and end and blacks would rule the earth. He was told this in 1985 and it was supposed to come true around 1995 or so. I believe I was told this story in 1992. In the years leading up Farrakhan kept promising that the prophecy would come true.

15 years later and of course he has been proven wrong. Same as with any cult, even when the leader is proven wrong his followers don't call him out on it. That's the sort of thing that boggles my mind. I still know those same people who predicted this to me. I say "your leader was wrong - doesn't this prove he is full of it" but they just get angry with me and refuse to answer.

BlackTerrel
03-01-2010, 01:42 PM
As tyranny has persecuted the people forever, why do blacks blame the people and not tyranny?

This is not "blacks". This is a specific subset of Farrakhan followers - he certainly does not represent the majority of black people.

Liberty Star
03-01-2010, 02:02 PM
This is weird, didn't see this thread before posting this shocking news report I just saw at Haaretz:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1153097.html

Bruno
03-01-2010, 02:53 PM
The funny thing about this is that when I was a kid I remember hearing this story from NOI followers. When Farrakhan went on this "black spaceship" he was told that Armageddon was coming, white rule was soon coming to and end and blacks would rule the earth. He was told this in 1985 and it was supposed to come true around 1995 or so. I believe I was told this story in 1992. In the years leading up Farrakhan kept promising that the prophecy would come true.

15 years later and of course he has been proven wrong. Same as with any cult, even when the leader is proven wrong his followers don't call him out on it. That's the sort of thing that boggles my mind. I still know those same people who predicted this to me. I say "your leader was wrong - doesn't this prove he is full of it" but they just get angry with me and refuse to answer.

That's interesting that you have a personal experience with his predictions being shared with you.

I guess in this case he just changes the date from 1995 to "coming soon to a planet near you"??

BlackTerrel
03-01-2010, 04:01 PM
That's interesting that you have a personal experience with his predictions being shared with you.

I grew up in tough neighborhoods and moved around a lot. It works like any other cult, tell people who have nothing that if they follow you soon they'll inherit the earth and it's very appealing. "Hey notice that you have shit and live in a 100 ft. concrete box while white people a couple miles over live large - don't worry about it, soon black people in spaceships will come down and you'll be in charge". I'm giving you a simplified version of the message but you can see how it appeals to the feeble minded who have nothing.

One of the many problems with it is it just encourages apathy and inevitableness. The people who believed that garbage are either still in that same neighborhood with some minimum wage job and with a couple kids from different mamas, or in prison or dead. It doesn't lead anywhere - just hope and despair. It's no different from white racism really.

I guess in this case he just changes the date from 1995 to "coming soon to a planet near you"??

Don't quote me on 1995 as I can't recall the exact date but it was supposed to be somewhere in the mid to late 90's. Towards 2000 it was "we are living on borrowed time and it is coming any day now" and over time he's moved on and forgotten it.

It still amazes me that he can make a prediction that is so concrete and such a part of his belief system - be 100% wrong - and his followers don't even care.

Dunedain
03-01-2010, 06:14 PM
This is weird, didn't see this thread before posting this shocking news report I just saw at Haaretz:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1153097.html

Obama is targeted because his is "standing up to the Jews who control American politics as well as its economy"? This statement is laughable on a number of levels; primarily because he isn't standing up to anybody who controls politics or the economy but is rather a political expression of that power.

However, if Obama is standing up to his handlers behind closed doors, I wish him well. It's better than any of the recent presidents have done.

RileyE104
03-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Your thread seems to be a bit biased..

I just saw the video of what Farrakhan said on TV..
He said that "The 'white right' is trying to SET BARACK UP TO BE ASSASSINATED" - thus making him a one-term president..

My guess is he was speaking about that preacher that was praying to God that someone assassinate the president..

I didn't hear him say a word about Health Care or anything like that... He didn't even present his words in a sense that he supports Obama, he was just preaching against "Christians" that promote violence, which is SIMILAR to what Ron Paul argues against when he talks about Christians who support perpetual war.

Next time check your sources instead of just getting an article from the Associate Press.

I do believe that Farrakhan is somewhat biased now that the President is black, but he is portrayed in a negative light that doesn't really fit him, in my opinion.

The Patriot
03-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Obama is hurting himself, he is making himself a one term president. America is a majority white nation and majority conservative. Therefore, as he continues his far left policies of increased debt and increased federal involvement beyond the constitutional scope he will lose support among the white right(independents, republicans, and conservative democrats) which decides elections.

BlackTerrel
03-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Your thread seems to be a bit biased..

I just saw the video of what Farrakhan said on TV..
He said that "The 'white right' is trying to SET BARACK UP TO BE ASSASSINATED" - thus making him a one-term president..

My guess is he was speaking about that preacher that was praying to God that someone assassinate the president..

You saw the entire four hour speech?

Anyway if Obama were assassinated it would be the worst thing this country could imagine and would give Farrakhan and co. a lot of power.

During the run up to the inauguration I kept hearing people say "he won't be allowed into office - someone will kill him". Thankfully I imagine security is tight and it is far less likely that he is in office.

bruce leeroy
03-02-2010, 07:28 PM
the founder of the NOI, WD Fard, aka Fard Muhammad, wasnt even black

RileyE104
03-02-2010, 07:29 PM
You saw the entire four hour speech?

Anyway if Obama were assassinated it would be the worst thing this country could imagine and would give Farrakhan and co. a lot of power.

During the run up to the inauguration I kept hearing people say "he won't be allowed into office - someone will kill him". Thankfully I imagine security is tight and it is far less likely that he is in office.

I just saw what was on stupid Bill O'Reilly and it was the same quote that titles this thread just the actual quote not the "out to hurt" part..

And I don't see what you mean about Farrakhan gaining power from an Obama assassination..

BlackTerrel
03-02-2010, 08:34 PM
And I don't see what you mean about Farrakhan gaining power from an Obama assassination..

Overall I'd say that race relations in this country are pretty good. Far from perfect, we can do better but they're the best they've been in the history of this country. That's bad for Farrakhan, Obama being President is bad for Farrakhan.

Obama being assassinated takes race relations back 30 years - that's good for Farrakhan - as well as those like him on the other side.

RileyE104
03-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Overall I'd say that race relations in this country are pretty good. Far from perfect, we can do better but they're the best they've been in the history of this country. That's bad for Farrakhan, Obama being President is bad for Farrakhan.

Obama being assassinated takes race relations back 30 years - that's good for Farrakhan - as well as those like him on the other side.

Come on, saying an Obama assassination is good for Farrakhan is like saying a Ron Paul assassination is good for Alex Jones.
There's no reason to argue things like that.

My point is, he was condemning so-called Christians who are calling on GOD to have Obama assassinated. That is just wrong, and I am in total agreement with him, just like I agree with Ron about so-called Christians supporting perpetual war.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-03-2010, 01:10 PM

It isn't like someone is going to abolish the self evident and unalienable Truth. This Truth is indestructable and undeniable conceived by narrowing a collection of self evident truths and unalienable rights to that of an ultimate political natural law. This means that the Truth is already victorious while tyranny is desperate.
As the Lord Jesus shared a secret with the disadvantaged slaves by way of His Gospel to "Love Thy Neighbors as thyself," this being a New Covenant to replace His prior Ten Commandments, so our Founding Fathers in fellowship stood accountable under God's judgement signing their names to a self evident and unalienable natural law. As this natural law was intended to supercede all past traditions and future events yet to occur, it established the people's Civil Purpose above all legal precedents binding government to serve the people as a necessary tyranny.
This is what is important. The level that Farrakhan is preaching is inconsequential in comparison.