PDA

View Full Version : We've got to support this guy - Van Irion

umphreys9
02-28-2010, 11:26 PM
www.Van4Congress.org
(http://www.van4congress.org)
Here (http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/5059485) is his performance at the Chattanooga LiberTEA Debate

YouTube - Interview with Van Irion at LiberTEA Debate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHC3TG_1uqs) is his post debate interview.

Van is a constitutional attorney running for U.S. Congress in the third congressional district in Tennessee. He's running for an open seat against five other Republican candidates, so with the votes that will be split Van has a HUGE chance of upsetting the GOP establishment candidates. All of the other candidates are definite RINO's. Van attended the 10th Amendment and got a lot of attention with this (http://tweetphoto.com/12491786). We've got to get behind Van and get him some money and volunteers.

Please p.m. me and give me any advice you have on raising money and getting help for Van. If you can, visit his website give whatever you can to help get a liberty candidate into congress. His campaign staff is talented, driven and ready to take action! Tennessee's third district could be the home of the next Ron Paul Republican!

Thank you for your time.
Van4Congress.org

jjockers
06-22-2010, 04:20 PM
BUMP! Ron Paul just endorsed Irion yesterday. His signs are everywhere, so he must have some funding and support. On the down side, one of his opponents was recently endorsed by Huckabee.

http://eon.businesswire.com/portal/site/eon/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100621006750&newsLang=en

LAKE JACKSON, Texas--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Congressman Ron Paul has endorsed Republican Van Irion for United States Congress from the 3rd district of Tennessee.

“I am proud to endorse Van Irion for United States Congress.”

Said Dr. Paul, “I am proud to endorse Van Irion for United States Congress.

“Van Irion will do the work to fight for lower taxes and spending and for more freedom in Washington. We need people like Van voting with me in Congress.

“Van Irion is a dynamic leader who understands our Constitution and will fight against out-of-control government to restore our Liberty. Van has the courage to stand up against the bailouts and government takeovers being forced down our throats by Washington insiders.

“I have been particularly impressed by Van’s leadership in the fight against Obamacare. Van Irion understands that Americans deserve more freedom, not less, in our healthcare system and is using his skills and good name to fight back. We should all be proud of his fine work.

“The American people need more than just another vote. We need a man of principle who will always stand up for what is right. We need a citizen politician who will represent US. Van Irion is just that kind of individual.”

Said Liberty PAC director Jesse Benton, “We believe that Van Irion is the best candidate in this race and is best poised to win in both the primary and general elections. We hope the people of Tennessee will send this fine conservative leader to Washington at a time when he is sorely needed.”

Liberty PAC is Congressman Paul’s leadership Political Action Committee. Its mission is to identify and support candidates that believe in Liberty, limited government, fiscal responsibility and a common sense, pro-America foreign policy.

libertybrewcity
06-22-2010, 05:27 PM
looks pretty good, quite low on funds though.

BlackTerrel
06-22-2010, 05:40 PM
One of the coolest names I have ever heard for sure.

pacelli
06-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Has Ron Paul ever used the phrase, "forced down our throats" in any televised speech?

I don't think Ron Paul is actually writing these endorsements.

Nathan Hale
06-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Any polling from this primary race?

BlackTerrel
06-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Has Ron Paul ever used the phrase, "forced down our throats" in any televised speech?

I don't think most politicians write their own stuff. But that doesn't mean it's not their positions. It just means they outsource the phrasing.

The way it should work is Ron Paul tells his speech writer "look I want to get across points A, B, C, and D. Now you make it look pretty".

If he spent all his time writing speeches he would have very little time for anything else.

jjockers
06-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Nothing official/scientific of which I am aware. The local newspaper had an online poll with > 2000 votes that had Van Irion at 51%. The local Tea Party had a poll (http://www.chattanoogateaparty.com/pollresults.php?id=1) where Irion had 25%. There's also a topix poll (http://www.topix.com/forum/city/dayton-tn/TDEM1BF523QH7LRP9) where Irion has 23%.

On a related note, Adam Kokesh endorsed Irion on 6/10/2010:

Van Irion has been endorsed by liberty movement leader and U.S. Congressional candidate, Adam Kokesh.

Mr. Kokesh's Statement:

"When I first met Van Irion, I was immediately convinced that he shared my passion for freedom and intolerance for injustice. Upon getting to know him further, it became clear to me that his understanding of the founding documents and the nature of government will serve him well as a member of the United States Congress. In his bid to represent Tennessee's 3rd Congressional District, he has shown how he will apply his principles to federal policy to create jobs, get government out of our daily lives, and get our government back inside the Constitution."

"As a fellow veteran, Van served his country honorably and continues that service today. I know as a member of Congress, he will stand up for my generation of Global War on Terror veterans. He has demonstrated his courage again by filing a class action lawsuit challenging Obamacare. Because of his commitment to the Constitution and passion for the principles behind it, I wholeheartedly endorse Van Irion in his campaign to represent Tennessee's 3rd Congressional District."

Love, faith, respect,

Adam Kokesh

Please consider making a donation to help Van win the primary at Van4Congress.org!

malkusm
08-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Bump - tomorrow is the primary in Tennessee! Let's hope for another victory right on the heels of Justin Amash's win in Michigan!

erowe1
08-04-2010, 02:50 PM

Of course he doesn't personally write them. That shouldn't surprise anyone.

shapular
08-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Voting for him tomorrow. This is basically a four-way race between him, Chuck Fleischmann, Robin Smith, and to a lesser extent Tim Gobble. He's got a pretty good chance to win, I think. He's had probably more signs than anyone until recently when more Fleischmann and huge Robin Smith signs have been popping up. As for polls, I got a call yesterday from a pollster (no idea who). And Mike Huckabee gave me a call today telling me to vote for Fleischmann =\

EDIT: He's also filing a lawsuit against the government for the health care act, because our Attorney General won't. It's gained a lot of popularity, with around 25,000 people across the nation joining him.

South Park Fan
08-04-2010, 10:02 PM
538.com claims its a race between Smith and Fleischmann. Hopefully we can beat his expectations.

Matt Collins
08-04-2010, 10:56 PM
538.com claims its a race between Smith and Fleischmann. Hopefully we can beat his expectations.
It's true, unfortunately Van doesn't have a chance. :(

BlackTerrel
08-04-2010, 11:14 PM
One of the coolest names I have ever heard for sure.

This thread popped to the top and I thought "what a cool name". Little did I know that I had already mentioned this a couple months ago.

I concur with myself.