PDA

View Full Version : Remember remember the fifth of November

nakor667
10-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

Guy Fawkes and the movie 'V for Vendetta' resonate very powerfully with the Ron Paul Revolution message, with the power of individuals standing up to the tyranny of government. Now, I don't think we have the the means to get everyone Guy Fawkes masks and descend upon the nations capitol in the millions, but I think we can do something newsworthy on that date...

Any Ideas?

10thAmendmentMan
10-07-2007, 09:38 PM
I personally don't think making people associate Ron Paul with violence is a great idea...

Noog
10-07-2007, 09:39 PM
V was an anarchist. At least in the comic books. Just sayin'...

Sematary
10-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

Guy Fawkes and the movie 'V for Vendetta' resonate very powerfully with the Ron Paul Revolution message, with the power of individuals standing up to the tyranny of government. Now, I don't think we have the the means to get everyone Guy Fawkes masks and descend upon the nations capitol in the millions, but I think we can do something newsworthy on that date...

Any Ideas?

Let's use the rally in Philadelphia on November 10 to make our point!

nexalacer
10-07-2007, 10:28 PM
V was an anarchist. At least in the comic books. Just sayin'...

What's wrong with that? :D

maiki
10-07-2007, 10:34 PM
also, remember the British celebrate the fact that the gun powder plot FAILED. The movie is different, yes, but the spirit of the holiday is the opposite of what you describe.

zebov
10-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm pretty sure that associating the Ron Paul campaign with a comic book hero will do nothing more than expand the tin-foil hat perception of Ron Paul supporters.

The Good Doctor
10-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Well thank goodness I wear an aluminum foil hat. Sheesh! I'd hate to be associated with that crowd!

I'm pretty sure that associating the Ron Paul campaign with a comic book hero will do nothing more than expand the tin-foil hat perception of Ron Paul supporters.

DeadheadForPaul
10-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Why do people keep associating Ron Paul with V for Vendetta? V is a terrorist

nakor667
10-07-2007, 11:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNDzLYpN_Q8

thehittgirl
10-07-2007, 11:35 PM
The fact that it WAS British....

We talked about making V a thing at our meetup but decided if we're gonna dress up(like I'd do that-lol) a three cornered hat would be better.

me3
10-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Why do people keep associating Ron Paul with V for Vendetta? V is a terrorist
V is a terrorist against an unjust state. Much like the Revolutionaries were terrorists against the British Monarchy in America.

Violence is a bad and immoral idea. But peaceful civil disobedience is not. Unless you think Martin Luther King Jr. was a terrorist.

me3
10-07-2007, 11:37 PM
We talked about making V a thing at our meetup but decided if we're gonna dress up(like I'd do that-lol) a three cornered hat would be better.
Kickass idea.

DeadheadForPaul
10-07-2007, 11:39 PM
V is a terrorist against an unjust state. Much like the Revolutionaries were terrorists against the British Monarchy in America.

Violence is a bad and immoral idea. But peaceful civil disobedience is not. Unless you think Martin Luther King Jr. was a terrorist.

V is the complete opposite of both Dr. Paul and MLK in that he is a violent anarchist

Corydoras
10-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Not to mention the brainwashing he performed on that girl.