PDA

View Full Version : Medina, First Female President?

damiengwa
02-28-2010, 03:55 PM
If Ms. Medina wins the governors race, I think she has a real shot at becoming the first female president. I mean who else? No one is going to put Clinton in now, and is there any other woman who can bring folks together like debbie can?

Palin may be popular with the neo-con soccor moms, but its too thin of a base. She is hated by the left, and even moderates who see her as phony and policy-less.

Debbie could be our version of Margette Thatcher, only better! I just hope the system doesn't corrupt her, which is asking alot. I think Ron Paul is probably the only man in politics who seems to have some kind of rare gene that keeps him from getting infected. But he's getting up there in age and can't carry the message forever. Thank God for Medina! I think that she could be the future of the liberty movement...

tmosley
02-28-2010, 04:11 PM
I think we have learned our lesson on allowing our leaders to become corrupted. I think the second that anyone shows any signs of corruption, they will be called on it, and if they don't shape up fast, they'll be out on their butts in no time. This is evident from the huge amounts of criticism that Rand and Schiff have gotten. This movement may well have the legs that it will take to enforce our will upon our representatives.

Maybe wishful thinking. Who knows?

damiengwa
02-28-2010, 04:18 PM
I think we have learned our lesson on allowing our leaders to become corrupted. I think the second that anyone shows any signs of corruption, they will be called on it, and if they don't shape up fast, they'll be out on their butts in no time. This is evident from the huge amounts of criticism that Rand and Schiff have gotten. This movement may well have the legs that it will take to enforce our will upon our representatives.

Yeah, its so hard to find principled folks who are electable. Even the principled folks get unprincipled advice from all these 'advisors' to frame issues a certain way. not to dredge up the who Medina/911/oops comments but thats a good example. Its so easy for these media attack hounds to asks a complex question and demand a narrow response when the truth is far more complex. I guess i'm rambling but, people need to see that the political world is MUCH more complicated than they think. If they only knew how these people think and what they do, there would be a revolution by morning..

Fucking TV....It really does rot our brains...

MelissaWV
02-28-2010, 04:20 PM
It might be a wee bit early for that, though legions of adoring Palinistas will likely disagree (experience? That just means you're a Washington insider!). She is absolutely one to watch. If her tax ideas win through, and have a positive effect, imagine that as ammunition to tackle the IRS in future years.

It certainly won't be me as President.

damiengwa
02-28-2010, 04:29 PM
It might be a wee bit early for that, though legions of adoring Palinistas will likely disagree (experience? That just means you're a Washington insider!). She is absolutely one to watch. If her tax ideas win through, and have a positive effect, imagine that as ammunition to tackle the IRS in future years.

It certainly won't be me as President.

I'd vote for any RPforum veteran over any of these phony politicians any day...

IF we still have a federal government in 2016, i see her as a potential front runner, IF she can get it done in TX. A woman who eliminates property tax would be epic. Gun rights, small government. Americans always vote for this, always. And the republicans have exploited that in 1980, '94, and '00. And they don't deliver. People will believe in some one with a track record. She has to git-er done in Texas. Be the model for the whole country...

BTW Mel, ur way hotter than Palin...

Chester Copperpot
02-28-2010, 04:45 PM

lets hope and pray you are right

MelissaWV
02-28-2010, 06:04 PM
I'd vote for any RPforum veteran over any of these phony politicians any day...

IF we still have a federal government in 2016, i see her as a potential front runner, IF she can get it done in TX. A woman who eliminates property tax would be epic. Gun rights, small government. Americans always vote for this, always. And the republicans have exploited that in 1980, '94, and '00. And they don't deliver. People will believe in some one with a track record. She has to git-er done in Texas. Be the model for the whole country...

BTW Mel, ur way hotter than Palin...

I can't run because "scandal" wouldn't even begin to cover it. By the time everything about me came to light, I'm perfectly sure I will have alienated just about every major voting block by being myself :)

I agree about a track record. Her proposals, though, show a great glimmer of promise. Now it's time to follow through and get things done. Texas is a big place, with a whole lot of the country's problems all rolled into one state (so's California, but California is further-fucked than Texas by far). If she can make it there she can make it "anywhere" to some extent. I hope she's the real deal.

On the last point... I'm no Cowlesy but I do alright :)

damiengwa
03-01-2010, 09:21 AM
I can't run because "scandal" wouldn't even begin to cover it. By the time everything about me came to light, I'm perfectly sure I will have alienated just about )

Don't be so hard on your self Mel. Look at how much crap hasn't stopped most of these politicians. GWB was an alcoholic, probably a coke addict and was picked up for drink driving. Kennedy killed a girl while drink driving. Charlie Rengal has cash over seas that he can't explain and shady tax returns. McCain may have taken a payoff in the Keating 5 scandal. Clinton was probably involved with CIA drugs being smuggled thru Arkansas, lied about the Whitewater scam, was rowdy with women who worked for him, and even had extra-marital sex in the white house and lied point plank to the public about it. Oh yeah, and what about the lawyer who was involved with Whitewater who got shot on the white house lawn? All of them were BSD politicians. I don't know what you've done in the past, but if its just drug use and sex-stuff, don't count yourself out just yet. Did you kill any one? If not, you got a shot girl! ;-)

BTW, Jesus loves you. Seek forgiveness and ye shall receive it.

-D

teamrican1
03-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I hope not, because if she does her job as Governor she should be set to become the first Female President of the Republic of Texas!

TXcarlosTX
03-01-2010, 02:06 PM
I hope not, because if she does her job as Governor she should be set to become the first Female President of the Republic of Texas!

oh shit!!!!!

thats what im talking about

John Taylor
03-01-2010, 02:13 PM

If things, God forbid, don't work out for her tomorrow, she should transfer her money over into an account and make ready to run for State Senate, or perhaps a different State office... but I think State Senate, in the 14th District.

Let's be honest, Ron isn't going to be around forever, and whatever happens tomorrow, Medina has huge name recognition, and has the capacity to fundraise like a maniac. She could win his seat in a few years when Ron eventually does retire, or could build herself a larger base from which to run again in 2014.

damiengwa
03-01-2010, 02:46 PM

Good point, but Ms. Medina could still be the president, even considering that she would reside in a Republic that was a former state of the union. All she had to do was be born in the US and maintain her citizenship. Ah heck Obama probably isn't even a natural born american, and John McCain may not be either! Would Texas really be so greedy as to want to hang onto her after she's restored Liberty for Texans? I hope not!

Medina for Prez!