PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Claims Tea Party Hijacked by GOP

puppetmaster
02-28-2010, 02:11 PM
wow the one time she has been right....what a bitch

WASHINGTON -- The Tea Party movement is being orchestrated from Republican headquarters, so isn't truly a grassroots movement, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Sunday.

"The Republican Party directs a lot of what the Tea Party does, but not everybody in the Tea Party takes direction from the Republican Party. And so there was a lot of, shall we say, Astroturf, as opposed to grassroots," she said

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/28/pelosi-calls-tea-partiers-astroturf/

Stary Hickory
02-28-2010, 02:29 PM
AH Pelosi can go to hell.....she simply wants a non unified front to face in the upcoming elections so that they can ram as much statism as they can down our throats. This is going to be a Democrat tactic, they are desperate.

There are going to be quite a few libertarian leaning conservatives elected in the upcoming years, I hope to see this trend continue and intensify with more and more libertarian minded candidates running. Pelosi would like to derail this if she could.

Smitty
02-28-2010, 02:39 PM
I agree that the neocons are making the attempt to use the tea party for their own benefit, but I also know that there's many who participate in the tea party movement that don't need to be converted to the neocon mindset.

To those types, government is just a football game between 2 teams,...and all they need to know about the tea party is that it doesn't like team Obama.

Promontorium
02-28-2010, 02:53 PM
It's what they've been saying since day 1. None of those people count, because some rich people agree with them, therefore astroturf.

What I'm interested in is this. I know it wasn't astroturf, but will the tea tarty protesters put their money (and their vote) where their mouth is, or will they compromise and vote for neocon losers?

hugolp
02-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Doctor, I agree with Nancy Pelosi on something. Is it dangerous?

Inkblots
02-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Enough is enough! I have had it with these m*****f***ing neocons in this m*****f***ing Tea Party!

:)

therepublic
02-28-2010, 03:20 PM
I was a young girl during the 60's anti-war demonstrations. Reports said that President Nixon was afraid of the anti-war demonstrators outside of his White House window. He reported to an aid that he was afraid they (demonstrators) would storm the White House.

Shortly after that many things changed:
1. access to the White House lawn became more restrictive
2. Some colleges began proclaiming that Marijuana was safer than cigarettes, and LSD was the miracle mind opener.
3. The CIA (since the 50's) had been experimenting with drugs as mind control agents

Some of the protesters fell for the propaganda, and began experimenting with these drugs. The media quickly began labeling all protesters as "Hippies" and "Flower Children". The over trusting public of the time, bought it hook line and sinker.

Note: many of the anti-war protesters (now making up a big part of Tea Party members) were beaten, and witnessed friends being killed by the police. It was not the friendly protests of today by any means.
http://www.thrasherswheat.org/fot/ohio.htm

Ritalin is being given to about 2 million American school children
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...nd_control.htm

Inkblots
02-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Your laser beam-like focus on the topic at hand is very impressive, therepublic. :rolleyes:

Smitty
02-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Note: many of the [B]anti-war protesters (now making up a big part of Tea Party members) were beaten, and witnessed friends being killed by the police. It was not the friendly protests of today by any means.

Well,....it won't be "freindly" this time if it ever reaches the point where it's a legitimate threat to the status quo.

catdd
02-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Maybe that will wake the tea party up. I mean, hell, even Pelosi knows it.

pacelli
02-28-2010, 05:15 PM
This is probably the only belief that I have in common with Pelosi.

damiengwa
02-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Better to hijack a tea party than the whole government. They are going to Rahm-Health Care thru! And 2/3rds of the country are against it! Who's hijacking what?

If the tea party folk vote republican, they will get what they ask for. But the public has registered their dissent, but Queen Pelosi doesn't care...

paulitics
02-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Pelosi's been saying this from day one. I disagree with her that it started out astroturf. It didn't start out that way, but is becoming that way more and more.

The only reason why she is saying this is to patronize everyone who are involved with engaging in politics at the grassroots level. The truth is that it has been hijacked by neocons, and progressive republicans, the same people she is in bed with. She will not talk about that, because that is what she wants.

She wants to portray the tea parties as racist, violent extremists, and then call them astroturf to make it seem as though the angst is not legitamite. Incredibly dishonest.

Athan
02-28-2010, 09:18 PM
http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/23375582/hr/321905442/name/teocon.jpg

Don't Tread on Mike
02-28-2010, 09:47 PM
we need a Joe McCarthy of the 21st century but instead of the "red scare" we should call it the "NeoCon scare" lol