PDA

View Full Version : How do I vote in the primary on March 2nd?

Howard_Roark
02-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Where do I go to do this? 2008 was the first time I've voted. I always regret not voting for Ron Paul in the primaries just because I didn't know how to go about it. I voted in the 2008 elections in TX so I should be registered. Do you just go to a grocery store?

orafi
02-28-2010, 02:36 PM
http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/pamphlets/largepamp.shtml

http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/county.shtml

lynnf
02-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Where do I go to do this? 2008 was the first time I've voted. I always regret not voting for Ron Paul in the primaries just because I didn't know how to go about it. I voted in the 2008 elections in TX so I should be registered. Do you just go to a grocery store?

what county do you live in?

web-search for the county clerk, election, location and they should have a list
of poll locations. if you want, let me know the county and I'll search for you.
poll locations also might be listed in today or tomorrow's local paper.

in Texas, you can vote twice! once at the poll between 7am and 7pm, then
go to the precinct convention at 8pm (Republican), usually in the same location that you voted in the day, but not always. it should be posted where the convention is when you vote - if not, ask them where it will be.

lynn

TastyWheat
02-28-2010, 05:00 PM
in Texas, you can vote twice! once at the poll between 7am and 7pm, then
go to the precinct convention at 8pm (Republican), usually in the same location that you voted in the day, but not always. it should be posted where the convention is when you vote - if not, ask them where it will be.

lynn
That's the first I've heard of this (voting twice that is). Is there a vote taken at the state convention, similar to the voting at the national convention for president? I understood a majority vote in the primary was all it took to get the nomination.

ronpaulhawaii
02-28-2010, 05:31 PM
In Texas it is important to both vote in the primary, then attend the precinct caucus after the polls close. Get as many of your friends and family to go vote/caucus with you as you can. Best to get a local Medina volunteer to help explain...

Brown Sapper
02-28-2010, 05:48 PM
When you go to the local precinct try and become a delegate. Since it is an off year it could be easy to take over the TXGOP. If we can get enough liberty patriots to go, we can steal it from the neocons and set the tempo of the 2012 presidential campaign in Texas. They stole our Tea Party why not steal the TXGOP. Eye for an Eye.

Number19
02-28-2010, 06:07 PM
The convention process, starting with the precinct conventions Tuesday evening, has the responsibility of electing the PARTY political structure, that is the party officials and bylaws and the party platform. In Texas, the precinct convention has two responsibilities: 1) selecting the delegates to the county/senatorial convention and 2) proposing resolutions which will be forwarded to the county/senatorial convention, to be adopted into the state platform at the state convention. To participate in the precinct convention you need only to have voted in the GOP primary.

lynnf
02-28-2010, 07:14 PM
That's the first I've heard of this (voting twice that is). Is there a vote taken at the state convention, similar to the voting at the national convention for president? I understood a majority vote in the primary was all it took to get the nomination.

saying that is sort of a marketing ploy -- the other vote(s) are at the precinct convention where the platform planks are voted on and delegates for the Senate District convention are voted on.

but it got your attention, didn't it?

lynn

TastyWheat
02-28-2010, 11:54 PM
saying that is sort of a marketing ploy -- the other vote(s) are at the precinct convention where the platform planks are voted on and delegates for the Senate District convention are voted on.

but it got your attention, didn't it?

lynn
And how. I'll be attending mine for sure and going all the way to state hopefully.

lynnf
03-01-2010, 03:18 AM
Howard, I hope you found the information you needed.

lynn

Lmata
03-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Conventions start right after the polls close at 7. If you show up at 8 you'll miss it all.

lynnf
03-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Conventions start right after the polls close at 7. If you show up at 8 you'll miss it all.

nah, that's the Dems -- but check the listing at the poll, it is supposed to give the time and the place.

lynn

Lmata
03-01-2010, 09:21 AM
In our county they are at the same time. The gop in one area of the room and the dem in the other.