PDA

View Full Version : Excited about this Forum for BJ

wildturkey
02-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Hey yall I just joined this forum and I cant tell you how excited I am to see this BJ Lawson thread here. I actually live in his district. Ive met him a few times and this is one good guy. Do whatever you can to get donations/volunteers to him, he is up against a pretty tough primary. There is one guy who wont win, but another conservative named Frank Roche who is also a really good candidate. Just do what you can.

ronpaulhawaii
02-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the Crucible :) - I worked for BJ in your district last election cycle and have high hopes this time around. Yes, we need to all work like we are 10pts behind...

GO LAWSON!!!

randolphfuller
02-28-2010, 12:47 PM
That Research Triangle District will be difficult to impossible for any Republican.

Captain Bryan
02-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Is there a moneybomb planned for Mr. Lawson yet?

wildturkey
02-28-2010, 01:58 PM
That Research Triangle District will be difficult to impossible for any Republican.
Yes it is. I dont know if BJ is electable here. He lost to Price in 08 I think 65-25. It will be difficult but Im hoping this liberty movement across the nation will help carry him, even here.

Nathan Hale
03-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes it is. I dont know if BJ is electable here. He lost to Price in 08 I think 65-25. It will be difficult but Im hoping this liberty movement across the nation will help carry him, even here.

It wasn't 65-25. He got in the high thirties.

rancher89
03-01-2010, 02:31 PM
AND that was with the Osama bump...

This time things should even out. I wouldn't give roach too much credit, he's already made a fairly stupid mistake by claiming that the tea party folks had endorsed him. Local folks were quick to point out the error of his ways.

BJ's message resonates with fiscally conservative and anti war dems, repubs and libertarians. That's pretty powerful when tied to the current anti-incumbent sentiment.

PBrady
03-01-2010, 02:44 PM
It was 63.4 to 36.6.

Considering the record turnout for the democrats last election, along with the strong anti-incumbent/strong small government sentiment of this upcoming election, I'd say BJ has a pretty damn good shot this time around.

Kotin
03-09-2010, 03:50 AM
Glad BJ got this forum.. wooot!

pacelli
03-09-2010, 07:05 AM
In a non-presidential election year, I think only 8% of the total voters for Durham Co. actually turned out.