PDA

View Full Version : Bush trying to stop Texas execution of Mexican that raped and murdered two girls

ChooseLiberty
10-07-2007, 09:19 PM
If anyone had any doubts about Bush the insane and the NWO check this out -

He is now trying to stop Texas (where he approved the death penalty of 152 prisoners as governor) from executing a Mexican national who was convicted of raping and murdering two young girls. He is now trying to uphold a ruling by The Hague's International Court of Justice - the same court he has vowed to ignore in the Iraq war.

UN - F'ING - BELIEVABLE!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,2185753,00.html

"President George Bush, who signed the death warrant for 152 prisoners as governor of Texas, this week faces a rare challenge from his home state against his efforts to block the execution of a convicted killer from Mexico.

The case of Jose Ernesto Medellin, to go before the supreme court on Wednesday, examines whether the president has the power to set aside a state law that conflicts with an international treaty.

It puts Mr Bush in the unusual position of arguing against the death penalty and against the very same Texans who helped put him in the White House. Even more unusually, it puts Mr Bush on the same side of the dispute as the International Court of Justice in The Hague.

Wednesday's case began with a death row appeal from Medellin, a gang member from Houston who was just 18 when he raped and strangled to death two teenage girls in 1993. After a decade on death row, in 2004 the Mexican government obtained a ruling from the International Court of Justice on Mr Medellin's behalf that state police had violated his right to access to consular officials from Mexico. Mr Medellin, who was born in Mexico, has lived in the US since he was nine years old, although he was never a legal resident.

The judgment found that the Texas authorities failed to tell Mr Medellin and 50 other death row inmates from Mexico of their rights under the Vienna Convention to seek advice from the Mexican consulate, or to inform consular officials about their cases.

Mr Bush issued a memorandum two months later that the US courts would implement the ICJ ruling. The Bush administration is expected to argue that the president's executive power over treaty provisions outranks state laws.

Although the administration notes that it does not agree with the ICJ's interpretation of the Vienna Convention, it says it will abide by the court's decision for the sake of protecting US interests abroad.

However, Texas argues that Mr Bush's memo on the death penalty case would set a dangerous precedent for presidential power. The state argues that Mr Bush's action disregards earlier verdicts by an appeals court and the supreme court that Mr Medellin was not entitled to invoke his rights as a Mexican citizen because he had not raised the issue at his original trial.

In a speech to a conservative legal group in Washington, Ted Cruz, the state's solicitor general and a key adviser on Mr Bush's 2000 election campaign, accused the president of overstepping his authority. "This president's exercise of this power is egregiously beyond the bounds of presidential authority," he said."

freedominnumbers
10-07-2007, 09:29 PM
The best way for the state to exercise their authority and stop this NAU mexican appeasement is to expedite the execution.

Pete
10-07-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm worried about what Bush may do over the next 15 months.

ChooseLiberty
10-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Corsi on Glenn Beck talking about the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d53bzN1JSU

Sergeant Brother
10-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Absolutely disgusting. As far as I'm concerned George Bush is a traitor to America. :mad:

The Good Doctor
10-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Yes. I am guessing this will be on Lou Dobbs tomorrow if it wasn't tonight. Especially with Ramos and Campeon still in prison for shooting a drug dealer in the ass for fleeing the scene of a crime!

Absolutely disgusting. As far as I'm concerned George Bush is a traitor to America. :mad:

angelatc
10-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Wow. Was Bush the governor when the sentence was handed down?

DaronWestbrooke
10-10-2007, 07:15 PM
There is supposedly a symbolic vote in the House on this, how did Paul vote?

steph3n
10-10-2007, 09:01 PM
we also have to deal with our troops most likely following orders in Iraq being sentenced by this court because it is illegal both by international and us law.

ChooseLiberty
10-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Now O'Really is on the case -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PScUE86lHbs

There are a lot of these type illegals floating around out there. Nice, huh.

cjhowe
10-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Why are we so afraid of due process? How quickly we forget the outrage we had for Singapore over Michael Fay.

ChooseLiberty
10-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Fox and CNN all over this one -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz9tVkyOOmA

I wonder what would happen if Texas just went ahead and whacked him?

This is just another great argument for getting rid of the "illegals".

cjhowe
10-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Fox and CNN all over this one -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz9tVkyOOmA

I wonder what would happen if Texas just went ahead and whacked him?

This is just another great argument for getting rid of the "illegals".

O'Reilly reports that he was here legally. Are you people on the RP bandwagon because of the Constitution or because you're just against the war?

cjhowe
10-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Article VI

All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

This should be a fairly simple case for a retrial. Unless we in Texas have a specific law that denies foreign nationals council from their Consulate, it would seem that Texas was bound to the provisions of the Vienna Convention and thus violated due process. If you can overlook due process for the scum of the earth, you can overlook it for you or I. Allow him council, retry him, then impose sentencing.

ChooseLiberty
10-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Slate -

http://www.slate.com/id/2175648

Obviously the easy way out would be for the Texas courts to give the case a cursory review ICJ and find there was no bearing on the case. Then whack him.

Even if the Supremes come back with a ruling requiring a review Texas will probably do exactly that.

Some people just "need killin".

"Jose Ernesto Medellin is a living argument for the death penalty. In 1993, as part of a gang initiation, he and some friends sodomized and gang-raped two teenage girls in Houston, strangling them with their shoelaces."

cjhowe
10-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Slate -

http://www.slate.com/id/2175648

Obviously the easy way out would be for the Texas courts to give the case a cursory review ICJ and find there was no bearing on the case. Then whack him.

Even if the Supremes come back with a ruling requiring a review Texas will probably do exactly that.

Some people just "need killin".

"Jose Ernesto Medellin is a living argument for the death penalty. In 1993, as part of a gang initiation, he and some friends sodomized and gang-raped two teenage girls in Houston, strangling them with their shoelaces."

While I am staunchly opposed to mistaking vengeance for justice, I am confident Texas can still convict even if Medallin is granted a retrial.

Sergeant Brother
10-11-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm sick of groveling and kowtowing to Mexico. I don't think I have seen George Bush show loyalty to the US over Mexico when there was a conflict of interest a single time during his presidency. He's deliberately tried to subvert justice time and time again and undermine the efforts of boarder security as well as try to push through amnesty despite the objections of the American people.

This guy was not only murdering scum but an invader of this country, and Bush's shameful defense of him disgusts me (along with Bush's other actions on the issue) as much as the murders themselves. If you come into somebody else's country you had better be ready to pay the consequences of breaking their laws and violating their citizens. This goes for delinquents like Michael Fay as well as animals like Medellin. This isn't just an attempt to release Medellin, its going to set president to release criminal immigrants all over the country - don;t we already bend over backwards enough to appease the invaders of this country? :mad:

cjhowe
10-11-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm sick of groveling and kowtowing to Mexico. I don't think I have seen George Bush show loyalty to the US over Mexico when there was a conflict of interest a single time during his presidency. He's deliberately tried to subvert justice time and time again and undermine the efforts of boarder security as well as try to push through amnesty despite the objections of the American people.

This guy was not only murdering scum but an invader of this country, and Bush's shameful defense of him disgusts me (along with Bush's other actions on the issue) as much as the murders themselves. If you come into somebody else's country you had better be ready to pay the consequences of breaking their laws and violating their citizens. This goes for delinquents like Michael Fay as well as animals like Medellin. This isn't just an attempt to release Medellin, its going to set president to release criminal immigrants all over the country - don;t we already bend over backwards enough to appease the invaders of this country? :mad:

Seeing as nothing talks about his alien status from the original case, I think it's safe to assume Medellin was here legally, no need to mix topics. The laws of our country are to hold treaties as the supreme law of the land provided they don't run contrary to existing law. That just goes to show you though that illegal immigration isn't about "enforcing the law", now is it? The sad thing in all of this is that Bush isn't arguing the Constitutional angle and the priority of treaties in our jurisprudence, but rather that he's "the decider".

Lord Xar
10-11-2007, 01:15 AM
O'Reilly reports that he was here legally. Are you people on the RP bandwagon because of the Constitution or because you're just against the war?

bro, stop already. This is NOT the RP bandwagon, so stop your implication that someone needs to pass your ruleset to be a true RP supporter.

Lord Xar
10-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Seeing as nothing talks about his alien status from the original case, I think it's safe to assume Medellin was here legally, no need to mix topics. The laws of our country are to hold treaties as the supreme law of the land provided they don't run contrary to existing law. That just goes to show you though that illegal immigration isn't about "enforcing the law", now is it? The sad thing in all of this is that Bush isn't arguing the Constitutional angle and the priority of treaties in our jurisprudence, but rather that he's "the decider".

There are numerous instances of Bush obviously working against americans and america's interest to placate mexico. Why he prostrates himself to such a corrupt third world cesspool is beyond me.

cjhowe
10-11-2007, 01:33 AM
bro, stop already. This is NOT the RP bandwagon, so stop your implication that someone needs to pass your ruleset to be a true RP supporter.

I assure you that no one needs to pass any rule set to be a Ron Paul supporter. It just seems hypocritical how convenient it is to toss out the Constitution when it gets in the way of our world view.

ChooseLiberty
10-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Just ignore the troll. It tries to troll all threads that mention illegals if you've noticed. I seriously doubt if it has done anything to get Ron Paul elected.

I get the feeling it's got some illegal relations and gets upset when people learn what scum most of the illegals are.

The rich Spanish Mexicans are dumping their rejects (of which there are huge numbers thanks to the Catholic church doctrine) in the US so they don't have to deal with them and that's a fact.

RP4ME
10-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Just ignore the troll. It tries to troll all threads that mention illegals if you've noticed. I seriously doubt if it has done anything to get Ron Paul elected.

I get the feeling it's got some illegal relations and gets upset when people learn what scum most of the illegals are.

The rich Spanish Mexicans are dumping their rejects (of which there are huge numbers thanks to the Catholic church doctrine) in the US so they don't have to deal with them and that's a fact.

Ummm, while I m totally against illegal immigrtion I think your comment that they are rejects is disgusting. They are still human beings no? I have lived in South america and I can tell you the way their corrupt systems are set up these people hve NO chance at a better way of life. Its not like it is here, Their lot in life is certainly not their choice....... I hope you reconsider teh souls of the folks that you speka of s rejects - little children and well as adults.....I dont blme for coming here - I blame the US for letting it happen and enabling the Mexican elite to not deal with their own problems with compassion and an eye towards chnge. But in no way woudl I label them s as rejects as that is a pretty elitsit thing to say in and of itself.