ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 09:13 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/ronpaulfan/Choose_Ron_Paul.gif

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Can anyone else see it? I'm having problems linking to it from google photos

LibertyEagle
10-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Yes, I can see it. You need to add dear 'ol Fred though. :)

TruePatriot44
I tried pulling the url from the source and the browser kept prompting me to download the gif.

ronpaulfan
Yes, I can see it. You need to add dear 'ol Fred though. :)

nuts! I knew I forgot someone! Whats some good dirt on him? :confused:

Jimmy
10-07-2007, 09:22 PM
nuts! I knew I forgot someone! Whats some good dirt on him? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkN2fYnMTBs

Mark him down as amnesty too...among alot of other things

LibertyEagle
10-07-2007, 09:35 PM
http://conservativesagainstfred.wordpress.com/
http://www.conservativesbetrayed.com/gw3/articles-latestnews/articles.php?CMSArticleID=2438&CMSCategoryID=19
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=12111 :)

http://conservativesagainstfred.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/repcard2.jpg

TruckinMike
10-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Hows' this for Thompson Trash...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Fred Thompson’s Anti-Gun Senate Record
Posted June 11th, 2007 by
Categories: 2nd Amendment

The Conservatives Against Fred Thompson volunteers have compiled a list of proposals supported by Fred Dalton Thompson in the senate that include Gun Bans, confiscations and limitations to the free speech of Gun Rights Advocates. Dates and bill numbers are provided so this information can be easily verified. Summary:

1. Anti-gun terror bill (S. 735 )

On June 7, 1995, the Senate passed an anti-gun terror bill (S. 735) by a vote of 91-8. This version of the terror bill included: a BATF pay increase of $100 million; a provision authorizing “roving wiretaps” allowing government officials to wiretap one’s home if a person under investigation visits the home — even if one had no knowledge the person was a suspect; a weakening of the Posse Commitatus law to give the military more authority to get involved in law enforcement in certain circumstances; a grant of power to the FBI to conduct “fishing expeditions” and secure one’s financial and travel records in certain circumstances without any evidence one has committed a crime; and finally, the “Randy Weaver entrapment provision” which extends the statute of limitations for violations under the National Firearms Act of 1934 from three to five years. Thompson voted in favor of the bill.

2. Anti-gun terror bill — final passage

On April 17, 1996, the Senate passed the conference version of the anti-terrorism bill by a vote of 91-8. The final version of the bill (S. 735) contained several problems, including ones that will: order an “anti-hunter” rifle and ammo study; authorize a $40 million pay increase for the BATF (through the Treasury Department); potentially punish gun dealers (and individuals) for selling ammunition to someone they should have known would commit a violent crime; federalize many state crimes, thus tremendously increasing the scope and jurisdiction of the BATF; restrict the right of habeas corpus in such a way as to severely damage the ability of the courts to rescue honest gun owners who are unjustly incarcerated; allow the government to use “secret evidence” against certain individuals; remove protections against wiretapping wireless data; and require banks to freeze the assets of domestic groups in certain situations. Thompson once again voted in favor of the bill.

3. Taggants in gunpowder

On September 12, 1996, the Senate voted (57-42) to keep an anti-gun amendment off of the Treasury-Postal appropriations bill (H.R. 3756). The Kerry amendment — which Thompson voted for– would have made funds available for a study of tagging explosive materials, including black and smokeless powders (thus setting the stage for registering ammunition). The amendment also sought to further demonize firearms by selectively examining the misuse of firearms by criminals. The study would not examine the number of times firearms are used to save the lives of decent citizens.

4. Lautenberg Domestic Confiscation gun ban

On September 12, 1996, the Senate passed the Lautenberg gun ban as an amendment to the Treasury-Postal appropriations bill (H.R. 3756). The Lautenberg Domestic Confiscation Gun Ban disarms gun owners for small (misdemeanor) offenses in the home — “offenses” as slight as spanking a child or grabbing a spouse. This lifetime ban, in certain cases, can even be imposed without a trial by jury. It is also retroactive, so it does not matter if the offense occurred 20 years ago. Thompson voted in favor of the amendment.

5. Free Speech restrictions

On October 7, 1997, the Senate defeated an “Incumbent Protection Bill” (S. 25) which would have resulted in the government regulation of GOA’s newsletters and other communications with its members, while expanding the relative political power of the liberal media and other anti-gun forces. Senators failed in their effort, 53 to 47, to shut down a filibuster of the bill that was ostensibly aimed at reforming campaign finance laws.

6. Smith “Anti-Brady” Amendment

On July 21, 1998, pro-gun Senator Bob Smith (R-NH) introduced an “Anti-Brady” amendment that passed by a vote of 69-31. The Smith amendment would prohibit the FBI from using Brady background checks to tax or register gun owners. Further, the amendment requires the “immediate destruction of all [gun buyer] information, in any form whatsoever.” Finally, if the FBI disregards this latter provision, the Smith language will allow private citizens to sue the agency and collect monetary damages, including attorney’s fees. Thompson, in keeping with his tendency to usually vote for expanded federal police power, voted against this limitation of FBI registration of gun owners.

7. Anti-gun Clinton judge appointment

On February 11, 1998, the Senate voted 67-28 to confirm Margaret Morrow to the Federal bench. GOA vigorously opposed this Clinton-appointed judge, as she has not only taken strident anti-gun positions, she has showed herself to be a gun control activist.

8. Anti-gun Surgeon General

Having nominated anti-gun David Satcher for Surgeon General, President Bill Clinton was forced to wait several months as debate raged over his controversial pick. But on February 10, 1998, the President finally realized victory. By a vote of 75-23, anti-gun Republicans teamed up with the Democrats to kill the filibuster over the Satcher nomination. Mr. Satcher was later confirmed by a vote of 63-35. Since the key vote was to end the filibuster, that is the one that was rated by GOA.

9. Ending the filibuster of a major anti-gun crime bill

On July 28, 1999, the Senate ended a filibuster led by Senator Bob Smith (I-NH) — a filibuster intended to keep anti-gun crime legislation from progressing any further. After the 77-22 vote, the Senate moved to send the language of the anti-gun Senate crime bill (S. 254) to a House-Senate conference committee. Thompson voted to break the pro-gun filibuster.

10. Young adult gun ban

The young adult gun ban could severely punish parents who allow their kids to even touch a so-called semi-automatic “assault weapon.” While the amendment allows for certain exemptions, there are some imponderable questions which NO senator could answer, but which a parent would have to answer in order to avoid incarceration. For example: What is a “semiautomatic assault weapon”? The definition, plus exemptions, takes up six pages of fine print in the U.S. Code. Second, a child can handle a banned semi-auto if he is in the “immediate and supervisory presence” of a parent or if he possess a written permission slip from the parent. But what happens when, during a target practice session, the parent walks to the car to retrieve his lunch and the juvenile is no longer in the parents “immediate” presence and does not have a permission slip? A parent can receive jail time for this infraction. The provision passed the Senate on May 13, 1999, with Thompson voting in the majority.

11. Adopting the “Gun Control Lite” strategy

On May 13, 1999, a majority of Senators — including Thompson — defeated a motion to table (or kill) an anti-gun amendment introduced by Senators Orrin Hatch (R-UT) and Larry Craig (R-WY). This amendment was offered as an alternative to gun control proposals being pushed by Sen. Frank Lautenberg.

12. McCain’s Incumbent Protection (2000 version)

By 59 to 41, the Senate passed S. 27, to amend the Federal Election Campaign Act to include Incumbent Protection provisions. The bill severely curtails the ability of outside groups such as GOA to communicate the actions of incumbent politicians to members and supporters prior to an election.

13. Incumbent Protection (2002 failed filibuster)

This was the key vote in the Senate regarding the odious Incumbent Protection bill in 2002 (H.R. 2356). The legislation finally became law that year. As he had on previous occasions, Thompson voted in favor of the bill.

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 10:07 PM
nice! I updated the image before I read that so I just went with "Inexperienced"

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Its about 1/4th the original size. Is it showing up now for everyone?

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 10:28 PM
OK! I moved it to a different site. Does it work now??? :confused:

bbachtung
10-07-2007, 10:29 PM
I can see the light.

Max will love this one.

maiki
10-07-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm not sure I'd call him the Thomas Jefferson of our time, not with all the connotations to slavery and all...

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm not sure I'd call him the Thomas Jefferson of our time, not with all the connotations to slavery and all...

You'll have to see this thread for the rationale:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=23172

born2drv
10-07-2007, 10:36 PM
here's something i used in my sig at hannity before i was banned:
http://www.born2drv.com/albums/misc/sig.gif

it looked better on a dark background ;)

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 11:09 PM

wicked! :)

sleeper
10-08-2007, 12:07 AM

Doen't that contribute to site crash under heavy loads??

american.swan
10-08-2007, 12:16 AM

Can we make a gif out of this series of images and make it avatar size?

That would be useful.

american.swan
10-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Doen't that contribute to site crash under heavy loads??

I am going to say NO! because the link is not on the server that you are worried about.

Lois
10-08-2007, 03:29 AM
Grammatically incorrect --

Should be -- "The only Republican WHO can beat Hillary...."

kylebrotherton
10-08-2007, 03:31 AM
First of all, the best Thompson attack you could think of is "inexperienced?" How about lobbyist, pro-choice, anti-gun, anti-speech, or the very popular "lazy."

Second, the Giuliani "cross-dresser" thing is lame and mean spirited. Just pick one of his many unpopular policy positions. They are much more potent accusations.

richard1984
10-08-2007, 03:53 AM
I'm not always so sure comparing Ron Paul to Thomas Jefferson is the best idea.
The reason is that Jefferson was a slave owner until the day he died, and as we know, some people are already trying to bash Ron Paul for being a "racist" based on something that Dr. Paul didn't even write (though it unfortunately had his name on it...--but I believe RP).

Anyway, I guess most people probably don't know much of anything about Thomas Jefferson, but for those who do know even a little bit of history, comparing RP to TJ might not be the best idea. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson#Jefferson_and_slavery)

Sorry to be a downer. :( He's a controversial figure, but I understand both sides of the argument. I'm just fearful of the potential connotations of calling Ron Paul "The Thomas Jefferson of Our Time."

ronpaulfan
10-08-2007, 06:44 AM
I'm not always so sure comparing Ron Paul to Thomas Jefferson is the best idea.
The reason is that Jefferson was a slave owner until the day he died, and as we know, some people are already trying to bash Ron Paul for being a "racist" based on something that Dr. Paul didn't even write (though it unfortunately had his name on it...--but I believe RP).

Anyway, I guess most people probably don't know much of anything about Thomas Jefferson, but for those who do know even a little bit of history, comparing RP to TJ might not be the best idea. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson#Jefferson_and_slavery)

Sorry to be a downer. :( He's a controversial figure, but I understand both sides of the argument. I'm just fearful of the potential connotations of calling Ron Paul "The Thomas Jefferson of Our Time."

I personally think all the slave owner stuff is a massive smear campaign. Many of the founding fathers were slave owners so does that mean we can't compare Ron Paul to any of them? Should we burn, rewrite and resign our Constitution because of it? Slavery was atrocious and unforgivable but so is what we're letting happen in Africa today. I'm going to get shit for this but I bet the millions upon millions dying in Africa from disease, starvation and war would choose slavery at this point to what they're going through.

ronpaulfan
10-08-2007, 06:51 AM
First of all, the best Thompson attack you could think of is "inexperienced?" How about lobbyist, pro-choice, anti-gun, anti-speech, or the very popular "lazy."
Lazy would have worked well but it is harder to quantify that. From a practical standpoint, Thompson doesn't have the political experience to be trusted as President. Also the fact remains that many people are pro-choice and many are conditioned to be anti-gun so we have to be careful how we pitch things to them.

Second, the Giuliani "cross-dresser" thing is lame and mean spirited. Just pick one of his many unpopular policy positions. They are much more potent accusations.
No self-respecting politician would cross dress that many times. Having Giuliani as President would be an embarrassment.