PDA

View Full Version : Where's the donate to Chile messages?

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-27-2010, 06:52 PM
read title

Lafayette
02-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Give it a day or two, they have to pick our Michelle's outfit before they film the commercial.

Besides Obama has already pledged troops and aid.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/27/offers-help-earthqake-ravaged-chile/

BlackTerrel
02-27-2010, 07:10 PM
It just happened. In the meantime Text CHILE to 25383 to donate $10 to Habitat for Humanity.

MelissaWV
02-27-2010, 07:11 PM
The Chilean government is not stupid, not as corrupt, and is certainly more prepared than Haiti could ever have been for a disaster like this. If you'll look at pictures/video from directly after the earthquake, they still managed to get firefighters out to fight fires in buildings (using tankers I'd assume, since there was no water available in the cities)... they managed to get some police out to direct what traffic there was... there were people immediately moving towards various areas outside of the more densely-populated cities. People were doing the smarter thing.

I am sure we're going to see requests for specific sorts of aid, but not yet. Chile is being very hesitant to ask for "help." They're waiting to see what they need first. They're probably clearing the airport and trying to get a handle on the issue of how badly their roads are torn up.

The sad truth is that since not as many people died, a lot of people probably won't care as much about this at all. It's the way things are. There are a lot of disasters that just aren't interesting or widespread enough to get noticed.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-27-2010, 07:14 PM
nt

Ninja Homer
02-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Chile is more used to earthquakes and better prepared for them. It also didn't hit near a population center. They probably don't want any help. I know I wouldn't want any "help" from the US unless I really needed it.