PDA

View Full Version : Getting Worried

lx43
10-07-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm gettin a little worried about our lady liberty. She hasn't even passed $1 million for the week. We need to beat this $4 million goal for Oct people!!!!!!

Karsten
10-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Yeah it's really strange how crawingly slow the donations are now, considering how blazingly fast they were a few days ago.

ItsTime
10-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah it's really strange how crawingly slow the donations are now, considering how blazingly fast they were a few days ago.

we have raised 1/3 what huck did in a whole quarter... we are doing fine... things will pick up... just you watch.

sylvania
10-07-2007, 08:14 PM
People gave everything they had for the end of the quarter push. And most paydays come on the 15th and 30th/31st of the month. I'll bet it goes up again once people have some room to breathe.

Corydoras
Ron Paul people have money, as we have amply shown... and THE ONES WHO HAVEN'T MAXED OUT are probably TRAVELING instead of DONATING the way they SHOULD... and if you haven't maxed out and aren't traveling and aren't eating instant noodles tonight... you'd better donate!
:D

walt
expose ron to new people, that is the solution :)

ronpaulitician
10-07-2007, 08:15 PM
I still think it would've been better to set weekly goals.

If the goal of the first week would've been $500k, I think the total donations would've been more at this moment than they are with the one-month $4 million goal.

I guess it's too late to change that now, and it's still possible that we'll reach that $4 million goal...

plopolp
10-07-2007, 08:20 PM
It's the same rate now as during Q3, heading for $5,000,000. Add to that non-internet donations. And consider that this thing had a slow start before it got well known and that it was down a day. I think we can expect a exponential growth, especially when the millions from Q3 are invested in ads. Maybe not $4 millions in October, but that will be compensated for in December. The $12,000,000 simply assumes that the rate of growth from Q2 to Q3, 114%, will continue. All other candidates lost substantially! I think Q4 is normally better than Q3 for all fundraisers.

We'll see how the rate will accelerate after debates and how it will vary according to salary dates and such. It must accelerate, but I think it will.

Original_Intent
10-07-2007, 08:28 PM
I know from my own experience I gave all I could for the end of Q3 push. I get paid on the 15th and am planning on doing what I can then. I bet a lot of people are in the same boat.

And then at the end of the month, I expect a big surge. 4 million might be tough considering some people are maxxed out and some may be tight due to just giving a lot in sept. I bet we break 3 million which would still be awesome (that would set Ron up for a 9 million quarter) in fact, with new people joining all the time, 12 million would still be attainable.

ksuguy
10-07-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm waiting for my credit card to roll into the next billing cycle next week. I like to pay it off all at once, so I don't want to rack up the bill too huge this month after the donations I made for September.

Corydoras
10-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Another thing is that a lot of people who get paid monthly get paid at the end of the month.

militant
10-07-2007, 09:23 PM
People gave everything they had for the end of the quarter push. And most paydays come on the 15th and 30th/31st of the month. I'll bet it goes up again once people have some room to breathe.

Exactly. People gave til it hurt during the final week of Q3, and most aren't paid again yet. Fortunately, I am paid tomorrow, so here goes:

Mr. Bob Shrader,

Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T51090-94943990

........... and hopefully a good chunk more after I pay for a few other things.

Paul4Prez
10-07-2007, 09:25 PM
The other thing to remember is that Ron Paul received a ton of new publicity this past week, but it takes a while for new supporters to turn into donors.

LibertyEagle
10-07-2007, 09:29 PM
They haven't even sent out one email about this. They badly need to do it, and soon.