PDA

View Full Version : America if Ron Paul Loses

Shiranu
10-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Ok, got a bit of a poll goin here...

If Ron Paul doesn't win, do you think america, and possibly all modern civilization, as we know it will come to a end?

born2drv
10-07-2007, 08:01 PM
you need to loosen up your tin foil hat a bit....

we'll survive, we'll just continue our steady decline that's all ;)

Shiranu
10-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Meh, i dont consider my self a tin-foil, omg worlds going to die, ahhh!-er, but I do think in my life time, if Ron dosn't win, and no one else like him pops up soon, im going to see the end of America =\

paulitics
Ok, got a bit of a poll goin here...

If Ron Paul doesn't win, do you think america, and possibly all modern civilization, as we know it will come to a end?

I think that's a little bit dramatic.

Shellshock1918
I say if he doesn't get the nod, we raise money and go buy an island somewhere. Create our own Republic and make Ron Paul its first President.

Qiu
Nah, we'll just get politics as usual...

paulitics
10-07-2007, 08:06 PM
We just have to continue to wake more people up. This movement started before Rp decided to run. He was hesitant about it, because he didn't believe it was there. We need to enter into politics on a local level, and remain active.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
10-07-2007, 08:06 PM
It wont fall apart, but it will certainly suck just a little more than it does now.

UtahApocalypse
10-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Where is the option that the people stand up and take the country back?

Tratzman
10-07-2007, 08:11 PM
No, this is the beginning of a complete shift in consciousness on the planet. We RP supporters are expediting the process!

Shiranu
10-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Good point Utah. My mistake :9

Drknows
10-07-2007, 08:12 PM
I think this will happen haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aufGwnrmn1o

RedRider
10-07-2007, 08:29 PM
I say if he doesn't get the nod, we raise money and go buy an island somewhere. Create our own Republic and make Ron Paul its first President.

I've been considering this option more and more...

Richandler
10-07-2007, 08:31 PM
No, we can defeat the Fed. And we have to make sure that is a huge part of our campaign. Educating people about the evils of the Federal Reserve.

davidkachel
10-07-2007, 08:34 PM
We just have to continue to wake more people up. This movement started before Rp decided to run. He was hesitant about it, because he didn't believe it was there. We need to enter into politics on a local level, and remain active.

The Libertarians have been trying "politics on a local level" for decades.
You don't regain freedom by getting yourself elected dog catcher. That's why the Libertarians have been totally ineffective and will remain so unless they make a radical change in their game plan.
Wake up guys, the Dems and Reps have long ago declared war on your liberty. If you don't declare war back you haven't got a prayer.
Sharpen your sword, be prepared to use it. Try to take back your freedom peacefully but make sure the enemy knows you'll use that sword if you have to.
Any other attitude means you are just wasting your time and blowing smoke.
Folks, you are forgetting there is no dirty trick the thieves of freedom are not willing to commit. Think of Giuliani, Clinton et al as Hitler in a new suit of clothes, because that's exactly what they are.

Shiranu
10-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Same Bill... i fear however things will still become hell before my life is over

Shiranu
10-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Btw, lvoed the video Drk. :D

progrock
10-07-2007, 09:03 PM
However we do have to realize one thing. those of us between 18 and 33 will be drafted into the military if we attack iran and IF they decide to defend themselves.
Also nuclear is always a possible option in the war.

Shiranu
10-07-2007, 09:14 PM
yeah, and im gona be turning 18 once the next president gets elected *Sigh*... im not going to even have time to get into collage before the draft will be declared, so I can avoid it

freedominnumbers
10-07-2007, 09:19 PM
If RP doesn't get elected we'll just put a bounty on GW and send DOG after him. He's likely got a bone to pick after being sold out to the mexicans.

LibertyEagle
10-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Rome didn't collapse in a day. Neither will the American empire.

You're exactly right. We have been collapsing since the early 1900s. It's been quite a few days. ;)

quickmike
10-07-2007, 09:38 PM
you need to loosen up your tin foil hat a bit....

we'll survive, we'll just continue our steady decline that's all ;)

I agree with the steady decline thing here. I just hope that steady pace is quicker rather than slower. Im of the George Carlin school of thought here. If we cant bring this country back to common sense through government, I hope everything falls apart and we have total chaos in the streets. Why? Because that also means that government breaks down as well.

Sometimes things have to break down completely before they get fixed.

Shiranu
10-08-2007, 07:13 AM
bumpz :P

lisajames96
10-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Wanted to pick 1 and 2:eek:

Shiranu
10-08-2007, 07:21 AM
Sorry :(

nexalacer
10-08-2007, 08:53 AM
The Libertarians have been trying "politics on a local level" for decades.
You don't regain freedom by getting yourself elected dog catcher. That's why the Libertarians have been totally ineffective and will remain so unless they make a radical change in their game plan.
Wake up guys, the Dems and Reps have long ago declared war on your liberty. If you don't declare war back you haven't got a prayer.
Sharpen your sword, be prepared to use it. Try to take back your freedom peacefully but make sure the enemy knows you'll use that sword if you have to.
Any other attitude means you are just wasting your time and blowing smoke.
Folks, you are forgetting there is no dirty trick the thieves of freedom are not willing to commit. Think of Giuliani, Clinton et al as Hitler in a new suit of clothes, because that's exactly what they are.

The Libertarians are failing because they aren't arguing from the right perspective. The Dems and the Repubs have won the debate because they frame the issues as moral issues. Whether it's Marxist morality or Bible morality, they use morality to win the day. Libertarians have failed spectacularly because they use the argument from efficiency. People will not do something efficient unless they think it's the "good" or "right" thing to do.

The beauty is, libertarian morality IS the most consistent moral point of view, so we just need to start explaining it to them. I suggest this article (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/molyneux7.html) for an explanation of the argument from morality.

CurtisLow
10-08-2007, 08:55 AM
No, this is the beginning of a complete shift in consciousness on the planet. We RP supporters are expediting the process!

I totally agree! Keep up the fight!

EvilEngineer
10-08-2007, 09:28 AM
I believe number one will occur right before number two. An economic collapse is usually the heralding event before the rise of a dictatorship.

G-khan
10-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Even if we get him elected it may be too late - he is the only hope we have at this time.

American
10-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I dont see armed revolution up there?

WTF!!!

Chrispy
10-08-2007, 09:46 AM

WTF!!!

Agreed

G-khan
10-08-2007, 09:47 AM

WTF!!!

That is about our only other option.........

DaronWestbrooke
10-08-2007, 09:48 AM
This isn't really about Paul, it is about us. We need to get real, Paul is an establishment candidate like the rest of them, and he is there to pander to us and make us think we have a voice. The differnece is, it has backfired and we found our voice.

fj45lvr
10-08-2007, 09:51 AM
"When the people fear their government, there IS TYRANNY; when the government fears the people; there is LIBERTY" Thomas Jefferson

RP4ME
10-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes I think that we will be hosed financially and there will be some sort of financial crisis that makes teh Depression look liek a cakewalk and with that unrest more and more controls by govt will be deemed necesary.....i think this bankrupting of teh US has been purposeful......and it may help pave teh way for a NAU and a new currency......when our own is worthless and we cant eat....when this will happen I dont know - all I know is taht we are paving the way for this to happen as all taht is happening is unsustainbale and the welath in thsi country is being centralized globally and we are being raped

Gimme Some Truth
10-08-2007, 10:58 AM
I voted Dictatorship because i think the current trend of fear based politics will continue. More and more freedoms will be stolen/given away which will eventually result in a closed dictatorship . If you are attacked and/or you start droppin nukes it'll turn into an open dictatorship/martial law. You drop nukes the rest of the world will absolutely despise you .

I think your economy will continue to paint a false picture for a few more years to come.

Tim724
10-08-2007, 11:12 AM
i think this bankrupting of teh US has been purposeful......and it may help pave teh way for a NAU and a new currency......

With the new currency, the calendar will be reset to Year Zero.

(only half joking)

dude58677
10-08-2007, 11:14 AM
He's not going to lose, the more we think along these lines the further jutification the MSM has to dismiss us and it will become a self-fullfilling prophecy.

JaylieWoW
10-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Need some help starting the web site? I'm all for that!

Seriously though, since the poll did not indicate a timeline for occurance, I chose the first option, we would continue to decline, etc.

I don't think it is something that will happen in my lifetime, I am concerned it will greatly affect my children during their lifetime. This is especially true if we see 8 years of a Clinton presidency.

Further, I have another reason for thinking this is inevitable.

Consider the following statement:

"Destroy the family and you destroy society."

I won't tell you who made the statement, but it is easy enough to Google. Besides, you guys are all smart enough to do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

If you consider this statement as well as a statement Clinton is known to support and/or said, "It takes a village to raise a child". That "village" is the federal government and more and more the family is being destroyed and replaced by the federal government.

I don't think it is any accident that when the Soviet Union was doing their experiments in divorce law, so too, the United States (particularly California) patterned their own laws regarding child custody and child support after the Soviet model.

Divorce rates in this country are abysmally high. As a result, families are more splintered than ever. I'm not saying all families, certainly not, but enough families have grown apart to make a difference. Add the "New Deal" and government control/promises for retirement and you can see why it is no longer necessary to keep families together.

Though I believe firmly that people should be allowed to lead their own lives and to seek safety when necessary, our current laws with regards to divorce and child custody actually offer incentives for families to split up. This is especially true if you happen to "win" the custody of the children.

I could go on for days and days about this subject because it is the concern that lead me to supporting Ron Paul, but that's really not necessary for this reply. It is however, something I think will greatly affect the speed of America's decline.

stevedasbach
10-08-2007, 11:55 AM
I voted no. We are building a strong freedom movement that will change the course of politics in America. Change will occur faster if Dr. Paul is elected, but it will occur no matter what. People who have been recruited and inspired by Dr. Paul will run for office on a pro-Constitution pro-Liberty platform, and some of them will win. As Dr. Paul says, "the genie is out of the bottle".

thomaspaine23
10-08-2007, 12:50 PM
My Take,

The Soviet Union went bust when noone was expecting it. The USA is going down the same path. The only question is how long can the powers that be keep it together?

The thing that will break the bank will be Social Security/ Medicare. The boomers will expect the benefits promised. I just don't see that happening

JaylieWoW
10-08-2007, 01:04 PM
My Take,

The Soviet Union went bust when noone was expecting it. The USA is going down the same path. The only question is how long can the powers that be keep it together?

The thing that will break the bank will be Social Security/ Medicare. The boomers will expect the benefits promised. I just don't see that happening

At least not without the usual remedies that we are currently using:

1. Print more money (thus devaluing the dollar even greater)
2. Borrow from China (what the heck, lets just start selling the chinese all that swampland in Florida I keep hearing about).
3. Raise taxes (The final straw IMHO)

I think 1 & 2 will be the first goto (unless of course Clinton is in charge). I can assure you if the government tries to raise taxes any higher, there will be less of a "peaceful" revolution.

JMann
10-08-2007, 01:09 PM
I don't think anyone out there is as dangerous as a Huey Long. He very well could of signaled the end of America and free markets.