PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck as an Endorsement on Money Bomb Site?

newbitech
02-27-2010, 07:14 AM
I thought I'd post this up for consideration. I have an email request suggesting to remove Glenn Beck as an Endorsement because Glenn Beck did not officially endorse.

I think it'd be a good idea to remove him to for many reasons.

I will wait for feedback.

itshappening
02-27-2010, 07:54 AM
yes, remove it

LibertarianfromGermany
02-27-2010, 07:58 AM
what if he is the "big endorsement"?

Chieftain1776
02-27-2010, 08:50 AM
It's true it's not an official endorsement but if you watch the portion of the video it's a really glowing pitch for Rand Paul. It's difficult to see in that small quote but the way he speaks of Rand Paul in that clip is very flattering.

I don't mind either way but I would just say it makes it more appealing to those outside of our base. And if you are going to keep it please add the link with the time stamp so it goes directly to the quote: h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u87kRYgIBDc#t=0m45s

Watch the clip and decide.

newbitech
02-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Alright, I updated that. Also prettyfied the column a little. Makes better sense now I think, and I couldn't resist the desire to call him 'Beck' instead of Glenn Beck, and jumble all his words together like some strange 'journalistic' run on sentence.

I wanted the attribution to come from a larger source of 'authority' anyways, sense old becky poo does work for FOX>

It was nice that he did say that Rand Paul was the real deal. I think the point is that Rand is recognized as a legitimate contender and front runner by the pundits.

DaisyFL
02-27-2010, 10:17 AM
I think you should change "Unofficial Media Endorsements" to "Noteworthy Praise" or something like that.

low preference guy
02-27-2010, 01:54 PM
having no association whatsoever with that crazy person sounds pretty good to me.

TheTyke
02-27-2010, 03:03 PM
having no association whatsoever with that crazy person sounds pretty good to me.

You had 912 posts when you wrote that... :D

low preference guy
02-27-2010, 03:06 PM
You had 912 posts when you wrote that... :D

lol

newbitech
02-27-2010, 06:40 PM
I think you should change "Unofficial Media Endorsements" to "Noteworthy Praise" or something like that.

All, thanks for feed back.

DaisyFL, was there any specific reason why you have this suggestion?

The reason I did it like that is because there are basically 3 content types in this area as I see it.

1.) Links to media appearances. These are the Youtube thumbnails. These actually come from the official campaign Youtube channels favorites list and are sorted by latest posted.

2.) Official Endorsements. These are submitted by the grassroots supporters to here and thru email. These are a list of people and quotes who have come out and said, "I officially endorse" Rand Paul.

3.) Unofficial Media Endorsements. I intended these to be quotes from MSM types who are bringing giving positive spin to Rand Paul.

So, the title of the areas I wanted to separate Official and Unofficial and I also wanted to make sure to separate media groups from individuals. I think this allows us to stay away from the controversial characters issues that come up with all the different talking heads. For instance, I am looking for other quotes from media sources as well to fill out this particular category.

So to summarize in regards to your suggestion. I think I understand where you are coming from in keeping the tone positive by leaving out the "UN"official part.

That said, I am think of other titles that can meet the particular goal of highlighting that these "praises" are coming from the media.

I suggest "Media Praise".

I will go ahead and make that change and wait for feedback.

Thank you.

Edit: Ok, I changed it yet again to...

Newsworthy Praise

feedback? --

John Taylor
02-27-2010, 06:43 PM

Beck won't hurt Rand at all...

Beck isn't going to go for Trey, so he doesn't have a dog in the fight, unlike in Texas where Judge Napolitano, one of his right hand men, and a strong backer of Ron Paul, is behind Perry...

newbitech
02-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Beck won't hurt Rand at all...

Beck isn't going to go for Trey, so he doesn't have a dog in the fight, unlike in Texas where Judge Napolitano, one of his right hand men, and a strong backer of Ron Paul, is behind Perry...

Wait the Judge is backing Perry over Medina? really?

low preference guy
02-27-2010, 07:03 PM

no, he isn't. he talk in a rally where perry was present. the judge praised the three candidates, but his praise of medina received the loudest applause.

dr. hfn
02-27-2010, 07:26 PM
just put a note somewhere that says Beck cannot officially endorse candidates for office

John Taylor
02-27-2010, 07:49 PM

He spoke at a Perry Rally if I'm not mistaken.

I think the problem is that a lot of people, real, true blue conservatives, classical liberals, heard about Perry's comments on the 10th Amendment and decided to back him. When he came out and made those speeches, I sent him 5 dollars (disclaimer---I've since sent Medina exponentially more money)---and I was a big RP backer in '08. I'm just saying, folks signed on with Perry from out of state before they looked into Medina, or even heard of her.

DaisyFL
03-01-2010, 12:15 PM
DaisyFL, was there any specific reason why you have this suggestion?

I just thought it could be spun as us claiming endorsements we didn't have. Greasy has already tried saying that over Palin.

I thinks "Newsworthy Praise" is good too.

JoshLowry
03-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Under "Tea Party from the beginning."

Have you thought about adding the 2007 Rand Paul Tea Party speech?

jmdrake
03-01-2010, 12:50 PM
He spoke at a Perry Rally if I'm not mistaken.

Youtube or it didn't happen.

I think the problem is that a lot of people, real, true blue conservatives, classical liberals, heard about Perry's comments on the 10th Amendment and decided to back him. When he came out and made those speeches, I sent him 5 dollars (disclaimer---I've since sent Medina exponentially more money)---and I was a big RP backer in '08. I'm just saying, folks signed on with Perry from out of state before they looked into Medina, or even heard of her.

If judge Napolitano backed Rick Perry after hearing one 10th amendment comment then I've lost all respect for the judge. I can forgive someone who's job is not to be a commentator on U.S. politics for not being aware of Perry's past, but I don't believe Napolitano is that unaware of what's been going on in Texas. Rick Perry tried to mandate little girls be given an experimental STD vaccine. Rick Perry was the force behind the Trans Texas Corridor which is a direct assault on our national sovereignty. If Perry and Kay Bailout Hutchinson were the only two in the race then the only principled position would be to not endorse either or go third party. Heck, the democrat might be better.

jmdrake
03-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Doing a YouTube search on "Judge Napolitano Rick Perry" I didn't find anyplace were Napolitano was boosting Rick Perry. Quite the contrary, this was the first video that came up.

YouTube - Debra Medina on Judge Andrew Napolitano's "Freedom Watch" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dmx92TFv-g)

Judge Napolitano @ 4:30 "But if the government of Texas as it now stands were to remove Texas from the union, wouldn't the Texas state government become the oppressor of freedom that the federal government now is?"

That speaks volumes!