PDA

View Full Version : CNN Poll - 56 percent say fedgov a threat to rights

Anti Federalist
02-26-2010, 09:34 PM
CNN Poll: Majority says government a threat to citizens' rights
Posted: February 26th, 2010 09:00 AM ET

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/02/26/cnn-poll-majority-says-government-a-threat-to-citizens-rights/?fbid=umDV_p90PUw

Washington (CNN) – A majority of Americans think the federal government poses a threat to rights of Americans, according to a new national poll.

Fifty-six percent of people questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Friday say they think the federal government's become so large and powerful that it poses an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens. Forty-four percent of those polled disagree.

The survey indicates a partisan divide on the question: only 37 percent of Democrats, 63 percent of Independents and nearly 7 in 10 Republicans say the federal government poses a threat to the rights of Americans.

According to CNN poll numbers released Sunday, Americans overwhelmingly think that the U.S. government is broken - though the public overwhelmingly holds out hope that what's broken can be fixed.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll was conducted February 12-15, with 1,023 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points for the overall survey.

tpreitzel
02-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Nah, the US government couldn't possibly be broken (threat to rights) just like elements within the US government couldn't possibly be involved with 9/11 despite the facts highly suggesting otherwise. ;) At least, the survey of CNN bots shows that even the most deluded are beginning to open their eyes.

Stary Hickory
02-26-2010, 11:21 PM
The Federal Government is out of control, it's a lawless dictatorship now. It recognizes NO limits on it's authority. It is an abomination and needs to be abolished if we want to live free and prosper ever again.

I am so sick of this government and the lies and distortions. I wish people would quit having faith in this broke and ridiculous entity. Are Americans this stupid? Really? Do we not know any better than this?

Some people think voting Republican will solve things, the only solution is states rights and the decentralization of power from DC. I would shed no tear if tomorrow the Federal Government was no more....it would be a like a huge weight being lifted off me and all freedom loving Americans.

phill4paul
02-27-2010, 05:31 AM
the federal government's become so large and powerful that it poses an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens.

Clear and present danger.;)