PDA

View Full Version : Debra Madina in Denton, 2/25

Number19
02-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Here's one of the latest appearances posted on YouTube. A typically fine address.
She's still believing we're going to win this.

Talking about term limits and imagining a time several years into the future,
I particularly liked the imagined question from her daughter, "Momma, who are you."

Part 1 : YouTube - Debra Medina in Denton, TX 2/25 part 1 of 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETOGdxy3hgU)
Part 2 : YouTube - Debra Medina in Denton, TX 2/25 part 2 of 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTZJf_NvuSk)
Part 3 : YouTube - Debra Medina in Denton, TX 2/25 part 3 of 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHRlozbkf24)

rprprs
02-26-2010, 09:29 PM
I only wish the primary were not so close at hand. I am convinced that the more people heard her message, the more support she would garner. She speaks so convincingly. It beats me how anyone could you walk away from hearing her speak and not be impressed. A sad day if Texas hasn't gotten the message.

tpreitzel
02-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Go girl! Debra's terrific. Look at the packed audience. On election night, we'll see whether Texans really want to change their future for the better. Voting for the lesser of two evils has only lead us further down the road to destruction. Now's the time for bold and REAL change back to a constitutional republic with Texas setting an example. If Texans don't do it, another state will. Hopefully, Texans will step up to the plate as it's clear from these meetings that Debra's being heard.

invisible
02-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Thanks for this! Just like RP, I just can't get enough of hearing her speak. It's just so refreshing to hear common sense coming out of a politician's mouth. I think that the complete lack of exit polling numbers means that she WILL be in the runoff, at least. Keeping my fingers crossed.

TruckinMike
02-27-2010, 06:30 AM
rprprs "I only wish the primary were not so close at hand. I am convinced that the more people heard her message, the more support she would garner. She speaks so convincingly. It beats me how could you walk away from hearing her speak and not be impressed. A sad day if Texas hasn't gotten the message."

This campaign did not fire early enough... Where was the Guerrilla advertising? The sign waving, banners, the shouts from roof tops?

I'll take the blame.

I wasn't following the RPF's, I wasn't paying attentiion to what was happening in the governors race -- I simply was not in tune.

The question is -- What do we need to do to prevent another (potential) tragedy?

How do we know what we don't know?

We must make a plan.

ANy ideas? (start new thread)

TMike

Number19
02-27-2010, 07:38 AM
There were a small group of activists here in Texas who spearheaded Debra's early campaign. But even on this forum, when broadened support was solicited - we had an early money bomb which pretty much flubbed - there were comments that Debra's campaign was not viable and not winnable. We had to concentrate our resources on efforts where we could make an effect. Even this Debra Medina thread was not given prominent display until after the first debate - Kokesh, Rand Paul and Schiff were all thought to be more viable.

That's just how it was. Early on we just did the best we could and kept plugging away, confident our gem of a candidate would be recognized for what she was - a firebrand of talent carrying a message which the grassroots could respond to. The first debate and the subsequent rise in the polls was what gained Debra the broadened support.

LibertyEagle
02-27-2010, 08:33 AM
There were a small group of activists here in Texas who spearheaded Debra's early campaign. But even on this forum, when broadened support was solicited - we had an early money bomb which pretty much flubbed - there were comments that Debra's campaign was not viable and not winnable. We had to concentrate our resources on efforts where we could make an effect. Even this Debra Medina thread was not given prominent display until after the first debate - Kokesh, Rand Paul and Schiff were all thought to be more viable.

That's just how it was. Early on we just did the best we could and kept plugging away, confident our gem of a candidate would be recognized for what she was - a firebrand of talent carrying a message which the grassroots could respond to. The first debate and the subsequent rise in the polls was what gained Debra the broadened support.

Yup. That is exactly what happened.

rprprs
02-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Yup. That is exactly what happened.

And what a pity. No offense to other liberty candidates, but Medina's candidacy was dynamic in a way which will not soon be matched. I sincerely doubt that a win in any other currently contested race could have stricken such a blow to the entrenched establishment or better advanced the liberty movement. If she doesn't win, I only hope that her numbers are significant enough to strike fear in the hearts of the PTB.

tpreitzel
02-27-2010, 02:43 PM

This statement applies to many members here as they love to use poll numbers as a gauge for support. Consequently, it simply doesn't surprise me that our movement lags when we have viable candidates who don't get adequate attention because of poll numbers. However, not EVERYONE here failed to see Debra's viability a long time ago. Some even donated to her campaign last year. ;)

Number19
02-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Beginning with her speech at the Texas GOP convention, patriots began seeing the mettle in Debra Medina and you are correct, my apologies to all those early adopters who helped we Texans in Debra's nascent campaign.