PDA

View Full Version : I just met Ron Paul

bobbyw24
02-26-2010, 07:15 PM
at the Mises Institutes's "The Birth and End of the Fed" conference in Jekyll Island.

I thanked him for all he has done for country and he said that he is counting on people like us to assue that his message continues to reach more and more people. Dr. Paul said he is pleased that the public is getting more interested in economic issues. He noted that Mises pointed out that economics affects all other issues facing us.

someperson
02-26-2010, 07:26 PM
:)

Carson
02-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Congratulations.

So... what else happened?

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/thenewera/SuperDollarSingle3%20copy.jpg

Carson
02-26-2010, 08:00 PM
I just found a little on the happening.

http://mises.org/events/124

Travlyr
02-26-2010, 08:03 PM
I just met Ron Paul at the Mises Institutes's "The Birth and End of the Fed" conference in Jekyll Island.

I thanked him for all he has done for country and he said that he is counting on people like us to assue that his message continues to reach more and more people. Dr. Paul said he is pleased that the public is getting more interested in economic issues. He noted that Mises pointed out that economics affects all other issues facing us.

Nice. Congratulations.

malkusm
02-26-2010, 08:14 PM
First time meeting Ron Paul, or have you met him before?

I've encountered him several times....probably the most modest, humble man that is in a position of any power today. Like you, I thanked him for all he's done the first time I met him....he didn't acknowledge his contributions and take credit for them by saying "Thank you," but rather, he turned around and thanked ME for being there and being involved.

The second time I ran into him, I was chilling with him + the Marc Scibilia band at the event the day before the Rally for the Republic....(thanks speciallyblend ;) ) and he just stood out on the balcony next to me waving to all the passers-by and letting everyone photograph him.

BlackTerrel
02-27-2010, 05:26 PM
at the Mises Institutes's "The Birth and End of the Fed" conference in Jekyll Island.

That's awesome man. BTW that last sentence I highlighted is spot on. Ron Paul gets it 100%.

Natalie
02-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Wow! That's exciting!!

The first time I saw Ron Paul I was so excited and nervous. He was going around shaking everyone's hand and when he got to me, he went to shake my hand and I panicked and just snapped a pic really fast. He just kind of moved on to the next person without ever shaking my hand. lol.

Roxi
02-27-2010, 05:46 PM
yep congrats, I remember that feeling :)

Matt Collins
02-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Pic?

rancher89
02-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Pic?

LOL

Seriously, every chance to meet him is golden. With or without pics....:D

The Patriot
02-27-2010, 06:43 PM
First time meeting Ron Paul, or have you met him before?

I've encountered him several times....probably the most modest, humble man that is in a position of any power today. Like you, I thanked him for all he's done the first time I met him....he didn't acknowledge his contributions and take credit for them by saying "Thank you," but rather, he turned around and thanked ME for being there and being involved.

The second time I ran into him, I was chilling with him + the Marc Scibilia band at the event the day before the Rally for the Republic....(thanks speciallyblend ;) ) and he just stood out on the balcony next to me waving to all the passers-by and letting everyone photograph him.

We honestly need this guy in the oval office. He is a true example of a Statesman, he is the lone Statesman in Washington today. He isn't an attention-mongerer, or a boaster. He just does his best to satdn up for the Constitution and the people of this country. While I want him to run, I like the fact he isn't eager to be the head executive or assume a large amount of power. He doesn't like controlling people or telling him what to do. That is how Presidents should be. He reminds me of George Washington in the aspect he was very reluctant to run and only did so at the bidding of his supporters.

bobbyw24
02-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Pic?

The photog from Mises took pics of each of us with Dr. Paul and will put them on Mises.org soon. Will post as soon as I get it