PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul And Auerbach Respond To Bernanke's "Bizarre" Comment

catdd
02-26-2010, 04:40 PM
" Madame Speaker, I would like to enter into the record the following letter from Professor Robert D. Auerbach, a professor at the LBJ School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas. This letter provides additional information regarding remarks I made at yesterday's Financial Services Committee Humphrey-Hawkins hearing, remarks which Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke categorized as “bizarre.”

More
http://www.house.gov/apps/list/speech/tx14_paul/Auerbach.shtml

someperson
02-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the link, catdd :)

catdd
02-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Ron took the insult with a grain of salt and came back strong.

I hope Bernanke has to eat that statement.

amy31416
02-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Interesting stuff...thanks for the link.

Juan McCain
02-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks for passing this on.

"I asked Christopher Drogoul, the convicted official of the Banca Nazionale Del Lavoro agency branch in Atlanta, Georgia, how
the Federal Reserve Bank examiners could miss billions of dollars of illegal loans, most of which ended up in the hands of Hussein."

"Mr. Drogoul stated:
The task of the Fed [bank examiner] was simply to confirm that the State of Georgia audit revealed no major problems.
And thus, their audit of BNL . . . a review of the state of Georgia’s preliminary results, followed by a cup of espresso in the manager’s office.”
http://www.house.gov/apps/list/speech/tx14_paul/Auerbach.shtml

Bernanke was trying to be a smart-aleck . . . to make such a flippant remark using language one may expect from a Rush or Hannity
but not the Fed Chairman presumably under oath before a Congressional panel.

Go a bit viral with this . . .
maybe a grassroots campaign to some media . . . Hardball, CNN etc. politely asking if Bernanke is going to be apologizing next week ?

catdd
02-27-2010, 07:28 AM
bump

johngr
02-27-2010, 07:48 AM
Ron took the insult with a grain of salt and came back strong.

I hope Bernanke has to eat that statement.

I will be dismissed as ancient history (like they're not pulling shit orders of magnitude worse these days).