PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck discussing libertarianism and the Nolan Chart (w/ judge)

MRoCkEd
02-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Tune in:
http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-fox-news.html

dannno
02-26-2010, 04:13 PM
He just said that one of his staffers who worked really hard was from New Zealand and his justification for coming and helping Glenn Beck was because if we fall, then everything falls. China will take over the entire South Pacific :rolleyes:

dannno
02-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Wow, nolanchart.com is down.. Glenn Beck's audience hammered em.

MRoCkEd
02-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Yeah... hopefully they can get it up so more people will see they are libertarians

Pennsylvania
02-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah... hopefully they can get it up so more people will see they are libertarians

Only if they actually are, of course. We're talking about Beck's audience after all.

malkusm
02-26-2010, 04:24 PM
I dislike Beck, but this is great....he went into the last commercial by saying basically "don't just call yourself a progressive or a conservative, base it on the issues and what the answers to the questions say about you." Beck has to be aware that a lot of people are charted as libertarians on the Nolan Chart....this should reap some positive benefits.

Pericles
02-26-2010, 04:24 PM
He just said that one of his staffers who worked really hard was from New Zealand and his justification for coming and helping Glenn Beck was because if we fall, then everything falls. China will take over the entire South Pacific :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/v/ru-xQac_sWw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0

malkusm
02-26-2010, 04:27 PM
...Never mind, he came out of the break by taking a member of the audience who said "I believed I was a straight down-the-line libertarian, but the chart told me I was conservative!" Then basically answers yes when Beck asks her "Should this be regulated? Should this? Should this?"

Ugh...

Pennsylvania
02-26-2010, 04:29 PM
...Never mind, he came out of the break by taking a member of the audience who said "I believed I was a straight down-the-line libertarian, but the chart told me I was conservative!" Then basically answers yes when Beck asks her "Should this be regulated? Should this? Should this?"

Ugh...

I think that's good though! Now she'll stop calling herself a libertarian when she isn't one. This has always been the problem with guys like Beck, Hannity, and even Bill Maher to begin with.

MRoCkEd
02-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Judge's commentary makes this all worth it

jsu718
02-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Judge's commentary makes this all worth it

So true. I am watching just to hear his points... and the only time I watch GB is when he is guest hosting ;)

malkusm
02-26-2010, 04:33 PM
I think that's good though! Now she'll stop calling herself a libertarian when she isn't one. This has always been the problem with guys like Beck, Hannity, and even Bill Maher to begin with.

True, but it subliminally promotes the message that a good percentage of libertarians are misguided or that they are only identifying as libertarian because they think it's cool and not because of the issues....which is, of course, blatantly false.

dannno
02-26-2010, 04:33 PM
There were some good points in there, he talked about how the first time they sent out FEMA it was to a flooding town in 1928. The people met them at the border of the town and told them to GTFO... then Beck described the scenes at Katrina of people holding signs saying "Help Me" on their roof.

MRoCkEd
02-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Beck giving props to Grover Cleveland. :p

someperson
02-26-2010, 05:28 PM
He shouldn't be encouraging individuals to switch labels, or discover new labels; he should be encouraging them to kill the labels. Of course, as a media personality who promotes, first and foremost, collectivism, his actions aren't surprising.

Hurricane Bruiser
02-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Well I was watching the program on fox and sure enough, nolan chart was down. I wonder what the site traffice must be to bring it down? Gotta luv the Judge and even Beck at times has his moments.

dannno
02-26-2010, 05:46 PM
You'd think they would have notified nolanchart.com so they could get some more bandwidth.

TheConstitutionLives
02-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/user/therightscoop

A. Havnes
02-26-2010, 07:07 PM

Yeah, but she sure as heck isn't a conservative.

FrankRep
02-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Google Trends: #1 nolan chart

http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends/atom/hourly

TheBlackPeterSchiff
02-26-2010, 07:28 PM
There were some good points in there, he talked about how the first time they sent out FEMA it was to a flooding town in 1928. The people met them at the border of the town and told them to GTFO... then Beck described the scenes at Katrina of people holding signs saying "Help Me" on their roof.

Yeah, because when your stranded in 20ft water and stuck on a roof, why would you ask for help :rolleyes:

BamaFanNKy
02-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah, because when your stranded in 20ft water and stuck on a roof, why would you ask for help :rolleyes:

Well, I think the point was most people are used to waiting for help as opposed to a community coming together to solve their own situation.

Love him or hate him Sean Penn did what Beck was talking about. He went down to help his fellow man, not the Federal Government:
http://www.morethings.com/log/sean_penn_bailing.jpg

SelfTaught
02-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Google Trends: #1 nolan chart

http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends/atom/hourly

Nice.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
02-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Well, I think the point was most people are used to waiting for help as opposed to a community coming together to solve their own situation.

Love him or hate him Sean Penn did what Beck was talking about. He went down to help his fellow man, not the Federal Government:
http://www.morethings.com/log/sean_penn_bailing.jpg

I guess I'm a little sensative the situation being that I was there.

But the community did come together, there were acts of bravery and selflessness that I took part in and witnessed that I will carry with me my entire life. I watched one KID, who had to be 11 or 12 years old carry his big grand mother on his back through 10 ft high water, then go back to find her medication. I watched people band together to protect their homes and property, I saw people literally fight for their lives. When your in a situation like that, asking for help is not wrong, even if it is from the government. Should the people of New Orleans been more self reliant and more responsive to the warnings? Hell yeah. Were we stupid for having faith in government built levees? Hell yeah. But punishment for those mistakes should not be death. It was a bad situation, period. A big failure of govt and of personal responsibility. But I will say this, you have no idea what humanity can devolve to once you take away food, electricity, order, and sprinkle in crack heads and a police department that acted more like thugs than public servants.

BuddyRey
02-27-2010, 01:05 AM
I made a vow to never watch Beck again, but it sounds like it was a great episode!