PDA

View Full Version : CNN Coming up Next-Story on Ron Paul

bobbyw24
02-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Ron vs Wasserman Schultz

zach
02-26-2010, 03:18 PM
I totally just flipped to CNN randomly and saw him!! Hasn't happened for a while. :o

Juan McCain
02-26-2010, 03:19 PM
http://www.tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=1718

zach
02-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Commercial break, then his "riled up" moment over healthcare or something.

bobbyw24
02-26-2010, 03:22 PM
coming up now after this break with Rich Sanchez

Juan McCain
02-26-2010, 03:25 PM
On now . . .
not for ObamaCare

zach
02-26-2010, 03:26 PM
well this is interesting...

bobbyw24
02-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Wasserman Schultz is fugly

MRoCkEd
02-26-2010, 03:29 PM
haha that was funny

Austin
02-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Ron was fired up today...

Juan McCain
02-26-2010, 03:30 PM
"Interesting pairing" . . . they will be back on another time.

Bruno
02-26-2010, 03:31 PM
That was good stuff. Ron just keeps getting better and better.

Toureg89
02-26-2010, 03:34 PM
guess i missed it :(

Apparition
02-26-2010, 03:36 PM
yeah, caught the tail end of it where fugly girl said "well, tort reform is in the bill!" and Ron was like "yeah... right..."

brandon
Hah possibly the first time I have ever heard Ron preemptively talk over someone.

Bruno

be patient, grasshopper, and you will receive tubeage

BillyDkid
02-26-2010, 03:38 PM
You know, I have always been confused by argument that we need to reform medical malpractice by reducing awards. Aren't the real issues either A)There is too much malpractice or B) Juries are inappropriately convicting for malpractice.

bobbyw24
02-26-2010, 03:41 PM
yeah, caught the tail end of it where fugly girl said "well, tort reform is in the bill!" and Ron was like "yeah... right..."

Ron Paul said that the lawyers will make sure tort reform ain't in the bill and he said lawyers run this place up here-congress

brandon
02-26-2010, 03:42 PM
lol at this PETA bitch saying killer whales attack people because they are depressed.

Jeros
02-26-2010, 04:08 PM
lol at this PETA bitch saying killer whales attack people because they are depressed.

I am not implying that animals should be protected from human interference or anything, but if dogs can become depressed, then I am sure killer whales can. Humans are not the only lifeforms on earth that exhibit emotion. Dolphins can be real bitchy if a trainer does not consistently discipline them. It is not too far fetched to assume the whale killed (inadvertently?) that person because it was pissed off about the situation. Maybe it just wanted some damn fish without do anymore damn tricks, so it threw a temper tantrum.

Juan McCain
02-26-2010, 04:24 PM

someone seems to always come through with the youtubeage around here . . .

Ron Paul and Debbie Wasserman Shultz (D-FL) in a split screen . . .
it went by pretty fast, but RP got to speak first while she shook her head "no" a bit . . .

RP used to get that short stick side in an exchange before . . .
Wasserman-Shultz barely seemed to get much of a word in.

CNN's Sanchez said they will be back on again . . .
wouldn't hurt to let CNN know we'd want more.

In all, it seems it is mostly a lead-in to Wolfe Blitzer for CNN I guess.

"Rick's List is not a CNN newscast...it's YOUR newscast!
Every day from 3:00 to 5:00 PM ET, Rick Sanchez presents two
audience-driven, interactive hours of the day's news and smart conversation."
Source: http://ricksanchez.blogs.cnn.com/category/ricks-list/

brandon
02-26-2010, 04:24 PM
I am not implying that animals should be protected from human interference or anything, but if dogs can become depressed, then I am sure killer whales can. Humans are not the only lifeforms on earth that exhibit emotion. Dolphins can be real bitchy if a trainer does not consistently discipline them. It is not too far fetched to assume the whale killed (inadvertently?) that person because it was pissed off about the situation. Maybe it just wanted some damn fish without do anymore damn tricks, so it threw a temper tantrum.

I don't know if killer whales have emotions or not. I do know that they are huge predators who prey on mammals.

phill4paul
02-26-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't know if killer whales have emotions or not. I do know that they are huge predators who prey on mammals.

LOL. Sure enough. It's not like we named them "Occasionally Grumpy" Whales.:D

Juan McCain
02-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Every Beltway dufus in the White House has to have some fat cow to promote -
maybe they think it makes their presidency worth something in history.

POTUS #44 wants ObamaCare to be his legacy.

BuddyRey
02-26-2010, 04:46 PM
It was a great piece, and you can tell CNN knows what we, the viewers wanted to see, because it was used as a teaser for the entire hour. Rick Sanchez kept playing hypeman by saying, "don't worry, Ron's comin' up next. We know you're waiting for him!" :-D

TheConstitutionLives
02-26-2010, 05:51 PM
It was a great piece, and you can tell CNN knows what we, the viewers wanted to see, because it was used as a teaser for the entire hour. Rick Sanchez kept playing hypeman by saying, "don't worry, Ron's comin' up next. We know you're waiting for him!" :-D

Ha! That's cool.

Juan McCain
02-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Just say NObama

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/panamajohn/docobama.jpg

dito
02-26-2010, 07:38 PM
No youtube yet :(

JK/SEA
02-26-2010, 08:35 PM

Ron's been on TV so much lately its getting hard to keep up....:D

dannno
02-26-2010, 08:51 PM

:confused:

speciallyblend
02-26-2010, 08:59 PM
blimpin, will someone please wake up the 2 guys in the basement and get the youtube up asap!!

ctiger2
02-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Here's a clip : )

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2010/02/26/cafferty.broken.govt.cnn?iref=allsearch

speciallyblend
02-26-2010, 09:06 PM

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2010/02/26/cafferty.broken.govt.cnn?iref=allsearch

thanks for link

Ron_Paul_Knows
02-26-2010, 09:29 PM
YouTube - Rep. Wasserman Schultz Discusses Health Care With Rep. Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzqQGz4Q5mw)

Juan McCain
02-26-2010, 09:32 PM

Thanks . . . a short clip of the Cafferty CNN bit . . .

Ron's been on TV so much lately its getting hard to keep up....:D

This may just be where we are (happily) at . . . there's been alot of media exposure this week f'r sure.

It seems that the CNN Sanchez site only lists the Killer Whale story for Friday . . .
and not the earlier Paul and Wasserman-Schultz bit -
http://ricksanchez.blogs.cnn.com/category/clips-from-the-show/

Some of the comments there though include :
"What is this nonsensical argument Ron is making: The insurance companies are going to love getting
these 30 million Americans, who have no insurance at this point, on board –
following he wants to do nothing to help these people?"

I think those 4 minutes or so were mostly a teaser to lead into Wolfe Blitzer . . .
but he acknowledged they are an "interesting pair" to have on again.

(Sanchez did talk to Medina a few days ago and that is one of the video clips listed there).

NEVER MIND - they got it up as I posted.

StateofTrance
02-26-2010, 09:39 PM
YouTube - Rep. Wasserman Schultz Discusses Health Care With Rep. Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzqQGz4Q5mw)

This lady is a Grade A illiterate woman. WOW.

StateofTrance
02-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Tell that lady to BEHAVE. http://twitter.com/DWStweets

The YT clip info says "Rep. Wasserman Schultz discussed with Ron Paul ..." Use Rep. Ron Paul, you dimwits. Have some respect for the fellow Congressman.

Juan McCain
02-26-2010, 09:48 PM
RP is correct that insurance companies will really love 30 million new people insured . . . subsidized by the government/taxpayers.

unconsious767
02-26-2010, 09:50 PM
I love how she puts up the video on her youtube account like its some kind of victory.

Uriel999
02-26-2010, 10:04 PM
blimpin, will someone please wake up the 2 guys in the basement and get the youtube up asap!!

lmao

Ron_Paul_Knows
02-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know why that video doesn't show up when you search for "ron paul"? It's should because it's tagged with "ron paul". I have noticed before that some videos tagged with "ron paul" or some other search term don't show up when you search for them. Just a youtube glitch?

haaaylee
02-26-2010, 10:11 PM
I love how she puts up the video on her youtube account like its some kind of victory.

No worries, she disabled comments :)
She must know it isn't a victory.

Cowlesy
02-26-2010, 10:19 PM
hahaha...man, you just gotta love Ron Paul.

TheEvilDetector
02-26-2010, 10:40 PM
No worries, she disabled comments :)
She must know it isn't a victory.

Disabling Comments = Insecurity

zade
02-26-2010, 10:59 PM
What would be all of your responses to why the insurance companies are lobbying against this?

akforme
02-26-2010, 11:05 PM
What would be all of your responses to why the insurance companies are lobbying against this?

So they'll get what they want.

If they are raising rates by massive amounts like they are in the middle of the biggest legislation of their life then they want this bill to be passed. If they didn't they wouldn't do something that made them look even worse. They also wouldn't put it on hold because Obama asked.

That whole thing is to show Obama can help the people and that we NEED reform.

She did ask a good question tho, but I'll re-phrase it. How does a free market help those with pre-existing conditions?

TheConstitutionLives
02-26-2010, 11:12 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/13/internal-memo-confirms-bi_n_258285.html

dito
02-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the clip!

fj45lvr
02-27-2010, 03:53 AM

allowing "pre-existing" health problems to be covered is insanity meant to kill private insurance industry....why would anyone bother to pay for insurance when they can just sign-up after they find out that they need it?? That's like allowing people to pay for "extended warranties" on products after they are broken, LOL (you know what that will do?? Raise the price of the warranties!!!

BlackTerrel
02-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the clip! Good video.

The Patriot
02-27-2010, 05:54 PM
It is the Government that set up the Federally Funded HMO system. It is the Federal Government that set up state monopolies where people can't buy policies across state lines, and it is the Government that set up a tax code where a worker gets taxed on their income but if they give it to their employer to buy healthcare they get no taxes on it. This woman is totally obfuscating the issue. Of course the government doesn't force companies not to cover people, she knows that, and she knows that Ron Paul knows that. She just doesn't know the difference between Corporatism and free markets and is trying to mask her ignorance on the issue. Also, where is competition across state lines or tort reform in Obama's bill?

Cdn_for_liberty
02-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Debbie is a corporatist and keeps spewing the party lines.

she was grilled by Dylan Ratigan a few months ago

YouTube - MSNBC's Dylan Ratigan Yells at Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8R8baHPr2E)

catdd
02-27-2010, 06:58 PM
RP knew she was just an ignorant communist.

But, it's deeply ingrained in lefty that all of our economic problems are the result of capitalism - free market or otherwise.
To them, free market capitalism = greed = Republicans.

johnrocks
02-27-2010, 07:04 PM
RP knew she was just an ignorant communist.

Yep, she got breast cancer last year and I'm glad she seems to be beating it but she really rakes on my nerves; she thinks government is the answer for everything it seems.

SimpleName
02-27-2010, 09:47 PM
allowing "pre-existing" health problems to be covered is insanity meant to kill private insurance industry....why would anyone bother to pay for insurance when they can just sign-up after they find out that they need it?? That's like allowing people to pay for "extended warranties" on products after they are broken, LOL (you know what that will do?? Raise the price of the warranties!!!

Good observation. Didn't even think of it that way. It is sob story law making at its worst. "Oh, well my mom got cancer and we couldn't get insurance." Awww...poor things. The insurance companies were offering you that service! They'll insist they couldn't afford it, but that is almost always bull. They have cable TV, computers, internet, and nice clothes. How much does that cable bill cost? how much does the bedroom TV cost? How much did those sneakers cost? Or the purse? Or the car? OR CHILDREN?!!? Many of these people are already receiving large government handouts (housing, welfare) and they still find ways to squander it. And THEN they want health care at the instant they get sick.

The only people I feel sorry for are the children. It does hit me in the gut when I hear those stories. They don't deserve to be left in the dust because oftheir dimwit parents. If I had money, that would be one of the main things I would donate to. But since we'll all be donating soon, oh well!

TortoiseDream
02-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Debbie is a corporatist and keeps spewing the party lines.

she was grilled by Dylan Ratigan a few months ago

YouTube - MSNBC's Dylan Ratigan Yells at Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8R8baHPr2E)

haha wow that was great. he just totally ignored her at the end "forget this crap".

Srg1
02-28-2010, 03:53 AM
Wasserman Schultz just another zionist schill

Koz
02-28-2010, 09:45 AM
I love the way Dylan shut her down after she would not answer the question. She doesn't work in the healthcare industry, yet she is writing healthcare legislation.

angelatc
02-28-2010, 10:11 AM
She did ask a good question tho, but I'll re-phrase it. How does a free market help those with pre-existing conditions?

People with pre-existing conditions should have been able to afford insurance with the combination of HSA accounts and high deductible insurance. Charity and state clinincs also exist.

Seriously, I personally know several people who had cancer but no insurance, and none of them were unable to obtain treatment.