PDA

View Full Version : Rand's mistake in his closing debate remarks

Agorism
02-26-2010, 02:22 PM
I've had a couple people on non-Paul related forums note this to me.

Listen to Palin, Huckabee, Reagan or Bush43 then listen to Obama-Pelosi.

Its not a big mistake but I noticed and many probably did too.

Rand Paul said “his campaign was lucky to have raised 1.7 million dollars and had hundreds of volunteers”. Presbyterians don’t get lucky. Most Baptists don’t gamble because relying on “luck” is not relying on God. Some pols say “fortunate” and others “blessed”. Blessed will get people saying you are talking about faith which in Kentucky will not hurt you one bit. Saying fortunate gets you always between Lucky and Blessed.

When Obama says “people who are not lucky enough to be born into a wealthy family” people in the south cringe as it may tell them about his worldview. When Palin says “I was blessed to be born to my parents” that tells us about her worldview.

So Rand Paul gave a great speech but he needs to ditch that lucky word. Just replay that tape and imagine him saying “My campaign was fortunate” or “even my campaign was blessed”.

MRoCkEd
02-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Nice observation and good tip.

Promontorium
02-26-2010, 04:59 PM
I think Rand should represent me more exactly in my diction, and should say "I did this myself, because there is no fate or god, suck it churchies".

FreedomRings
02-26-2010, 05:55 PM
How about "My campaign raised 1.7 million dollars and had hundreds of volunteers"? That should satisfy everybody without upsetting anyone.

Or, to piss off everybody: "I had hundreds of volunteers and they were so lucky that I blessed them with the opportunity to raise 1.7 million for my campaign."

low preference guy
02-26-2010, 06:59 PM
he will not lose one vote for the wording you mentioned. i wouldn't want to distract Rand's attention from more important things.

Agorism
02-26-2010, 07:26 PM
he will not lose one vote for the wording you mentioned. i wouldn't want to distract Rand's attention from more important things.

Maybe

FreedomRings
03-01-2010, 10:30 PM
“Children belong to God and their parents, not the government,” Rand said. “It’s a matter of basic human rights that we stand up for these people and the Obama Administration should hear from us on this.”

http://www.randpaul2010.com/2010/03/feds-victimize-homeschool-family/