PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Schiff: $400K by February 28th

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Yesterday afternoon, Peter Schiff sent out the following email:

Hello Everybody,

America is in trouble - big trouble. And Washington is at fault.

Remember those irresponsible financial policies that contributed to the collapse of Wall Street? Those are the exact same policies that our government is practicing today. And they are driving our country into a hole we won't be able to dig out of.

Someone needs to reign in government spending and keep that addiction in check. That someone is me.

I have no political ambitions. I'm running for the U.S. Senate because I'm a patriot. I recognize how desperately our country is in trouble. And I have the experience and skill set necessary to save the United States of America.

Are you a patriot? I believe you are. That's why I'm reaching out to you. I need you to follow this link right now and make the most generous contribution you can to my campaign. We must raise $2 million by the end of February to ensure my momentum lands me in Washington, so I need you to make an immediate contribution. We have less than 3 days to raise $400,000.

Sending me to Washington to get our fiscal house in order is the only way to save our country. Can I count on you? Can America count on you?

America's fiscal policy must change. And I'm the only candidate who is qualified to get the job done. What we have to understand as a nation is we cannot borrow our way to prosperity. If you use your Visa card to pay off your American Express, what happens? You bury yourself further in debt. That's essentially what our government is doing. And it can't continue.

I think it's very interesting that a large percentage of American voters believe the Democrats when they point to GDP no longer contracting and consumers spending more money as signs the economy is gaining strength. Because it isn't true. These factors are simply a function of more borrowed money being spent in the economy.

Truth is, what the government is doing to "fix" the economy... last year's stimulus bill, bailouts, the potential new jobs bill... is actually undermining economic growth and putting off the day of reckoning.

But that day is coming. And we can be in one of two positions when it does:

1. We can allow Barack Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and their fiscally reckless cronies to continue throwing borrowed money at our economic problems; or

2. We can elect economists like myself to federal office and know that they will rationally and responsibly repair the economy and then foster its growth.

I prefer the second option, and I bet you agree. This is not a joke. Our entire country's future depends on electing people like me to Congress in November. So act now! Follow this link immediately and make a contribution of $25, $50, $100, $250 or more to my campaign. Help my campaign reach the $2 million bench mark and send me to Washington to save America.

America is counting on you. And so am I.

Peter Schiff
Republican US Senate Candidate

P.S. America needs me in Washington to get our economy straightened out. But my candidacy depends on my campaign raising $400,000 by February 28th. America's future depends on it. Please follow this link right now to make the most generous contribution you can to my campaign.

My guess, and this is just my personal opinion, is that this money is needed to help finance the media buy which is set to begin on March 1st, but more importantly, it will ensure that the campaign can stay on the air for a good amount of time while still having a good amount of cash on hand.

We probably can't get by $400K by the end of the month, but if anyone hear can chip in some $$$ and send it along to your contacts, it would certainly help out the campaign.

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Bump.

itshappening
02-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Go Schiff

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Bump!
SCHIFF NEEDS HELP!

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-26-2010, 07:20 PM