PDA

View Full Version : New Rand Paul Commercial Responds to Grayson's National Security Ad

RonPaulFanInGA
02-26-2010, 09:09 AM
YouTube - Rand Paul - Strong Defense (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnfeq0t5oho)

Twice now a response in 12 hours or so.

Bergie Bergeron
02-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Strong national defense, that doesn't really say much.

Malachi
02-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Strong national defense, that doesn't really say much.

Grayson supporting Clinton and Obama does!

Bergie Bergeron
02-26-2010, 09:15 AM
The Obama part is pretty much repeating what the previous ad said. I would've liked something about him being against Iraq.

BamaFanNKy
02-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Good attack back ad. Wouldn't of been my strategy. Got to start moving the debate back to what your message is. E-C-O-N-O-M-Y!

Rand needs to talk about how we are about to hit 1 Trillion dollars spent in both wars. Heck, the congressional District he lives in has spent 1.4 Billion on the war.

TheConstitutionLives
02-26-2010, 09:24 AM
The Obama part is pretty much repeating what the previous ad said. I would've liked something about him being against Iraq.

That wouldn't have been good strategy for KY. You gotta pretend you're viewing this as a long time typical small town GOP voter. They don't want to hear hippie sounding stuff.

DeadheadForPaul
02-26-2010, 09:31 AM
That wouldn't have been good strategy for KY. You gotta pretend you're viewing this as a long time typical small town GOP voter. They don't want to hear hippie sounding stuff.

Seconded.

You gotta play the political game.

The everyday, last-minute, casual voter does not understand the issues.
They don't know or care about monetary policy
They don't know about blowback.

If they hear a Republican say "strong national defense for a strong America" or "we need family values", that's all the need to know.

They make decisions based on what they see and largely what they are told.

You have to make very vanilla, mainstream ads

You can't act like Ron Paul who basically tries to enlighten the public - that's what you do ONCE YOU'RE IN OFFICE. You don't take on the history teacher role under you have a platform from which to do that

Honestly, a smart political candidate does not go into too many details.

Questioner: "What do you think about how to handle our foreign policy"
Politician: "Well, I believe America should be strong in order to defend itself in an increasingly dangerous world. The troops need our financial support, but even more than that, they need to be treated as they heroes they are. It takes a truly great individual to put their life on the line for complete strangers. We owe it to them to insure that we protect our freedom from those in Washington who have undermined it here at home. I will always follow the Constitution and ask for a formal declaration of war when we need to handle a threat to our nation, and I will support military action to defend America"

That is essentially what Rand is doing.
Just say you want America to be strong, support the troops, root our foreign policy in the Constitution and don't discuss Iraq/Afghanistan

RonPaulFanInGA
02-26-2010, 09:36 AM
It would've been funny if that used that Grayson-Clinton photo that's always posted here in this ad.

DeadheadForPaul
02-26-2010, 09:38 AM
It would've been funny if that used that Grayson-Clinton photo that's always posted here in this ad.

i'm sure David and Rand are saving some goodies for May

sofia
02-26-2010, 09:40 AM

Repetition of a simple theme is the key when it comes to conditioning your audience.

These ads are fantastic! I only wish Ron Paul's ads were that good back in 2008.

itshappening
02-26-2010, 10:01 AM
this ad is fantastic I hope Adams can keep this on the air during March with small buys until the big push in April/may

MRoCkEd
02-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Repetition of a simple theme is the key when it comes to conditioning your audience.

These ads are fantastic! I only wish Ron Paul's ads were that good back in 2008.
Agreed! Rand's media team is top-notch.

angelatc
02-26-2010, 10:26 AM

I heard that picture is photoshopped. It would be a disaster to use that.

MRoCkEd
02-26-2010, 10:34 AM
yea

John Taylor
02-26-2010, 11:19 AM

You want him to talk about IRAQ? Are you nuts? How would that help him win the primary?

Dreamofunity
02-26-2010, 11:20 AM
I loled@ dangerous allies part.

John Taylor
02-26-2010, 11:23 AM
In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

Good, I've been getting ready for the Zombie Red Dawn for years. I think I'll stop stockpiling ammo and iodine now.

TXcarlosTX
02-26-2010, 11:40 AM
fuck!! that was funny.

StateofTrance
02-26-2010, 12:23 PM
LOOL..Nice ad. While I would love to see job-creation ads, plain-jane ads like this is what the average Republican will get it. Nice work.

StateofTrance
02-26-2010, 12:24 PM

Yes yes yes..

brandon
02-26-2010, 12:36 PM

yea

The Paul campaign didn't photoshop it. I don't see a problem with using it. They can always claim ignorance. Sure, the Grayson people will issue a response saying the picture is fake and maybe some internet blogs will pick it up, but the damage to Grayson will already be done.

If really necessary the Paul campaign can admit they made a mistake, and then explain how they had reason to believe it was true considering Grayson's support for Clinton.

low preference guy
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM
The Paul campaign didn't photoshop it. I don't see a problem with using it. They can always claim ignorance. Sure, the Grayson people will issue a response saying the picture is fake and maybe some internet blogs will pick it up, but the damage to Grayson will already be done.

If really necessary the Paul campaign can admit they made a mistake, and then explain how they had reason to believe it was true considering Grayson's support for Clinton.

Disagree. Grayson can photoshop a picture of Paul hugging Obama and claiming that is true. When someone protests, he'd said "Hey, Rand Paul did it too".

StateofTrance
02-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Jesus christ..It's a picture of Treason BEHIND a newspaper's headline that has Clinton's name in it..NOT together. Stop giving the Treason campaign another retarded reason to run another fucktard ad. Stop with the photoshop crap.

K466
02-26-2010, 12:46 PM
That was a quick response! Hopefully Rand keeps his ads positive.

Agorism
02-26-2010, 12:48 PM
What's wrong with draft dodging?

Isn't that like common sense?

itshappening
02-26-2010, 12:50 PM
http://www.randpaul2010.com

help keep it on the air to counter Grayson's lies

Agorism
02-26-2010, 12:52 PM
idk if I like that commercial. Most people know the Vietnam was war pointless.

If anything people will like that Clinton didn't want to participate.

MRoCkEd
02-26-2010, 12:55 PM
What's wrong with draft dodging?

Isn't that like common sense?
Nothing. But there's something wrong with dodging the draft and then sending other people off to pointless wars. (Chickenhawk)

Kentucky is a very pro-military state, so I'm guessing they don't like draft-dodgers.

StateofTrance
02-26-2010, 12:56 PM

Do you live in KY?

Agorism
02-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Nothing. But there's something wrong with dodging the draft and then sending other people off to pointless wars. (Chickenhawk)

Well most draft dodgers are not the ones doing the "sending." They're just trying to get out of the pointless war themselves.

John Taylor
02-26-2010, 01:17 PM

Where are you from??? Berkley?

Agorism
02-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Where are you from??? Berkley?

Vietnam was a false flag operation...as the rationale for getting involved in the first place was made up. The entire thing was totally pointless.

There is nothing wrong with people draft dodging out of that war.

TheTyke
02-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Vietnam was a false flag operation...as the rationale for getting involved in the first place was made up. The entire thing was totally pointless.

If being right won elections, Ron Paul would be president. There's a bit more to it, though.

TheConstitutionLives
02-26-2010, 02:12 PM

Are you kidding? NO WAY. You must not know many GOP voters.

TheConstitutionLives
02-26-2010, 02:13 PM

Good grief, dude. You go with what works in a GOP Senate campaign. Good thing Rand didn't hire you.

John Taylor
02-26-2010, 02:37 PM

We aren't discussing the merits of the Vietnam War, we are discussing the political punch that comes with supporting a draft dodger who fled the United States when thousands of young Americans volunteered or were drafted and sent to Indochina.

Again, where are you from, Berkley?

Agorism
02-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Well I don't even think the president should have a standing army let alone a draft.

Giving the government the right to tax people is one thing I oppose, but giving them the right to kill people is even worse.

And draft is even worse than a tax. It's the government mandating that you kill people for whom you have no personal beef with.

John Taylor
02-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Well I don't even think the president should have a standing army let alone a draft.

Giving the government the right to tax people is one thing I oppose, but giving them the right to kill people is even worse.

And draft is even worse than a tax. It's the government mandating that you kill people for whom you have no personal beef with.

Again, nothing that you're talking about has any connection to winning the Senate Primary in Kentucky. We're not holding this discussion about the relative merits of taxation, or of involuntary servitude under the draft, or "false-flag" operations...

We're interested in actually electing Rand to the U.S. Senate, not in trumpeting everything we believe at 200 decibles. Presentation is key.

devil21
02-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Great commercial! It's probably time for some Rand bio ads now that most of Grayson's main attack points are already blunted.

0zzy
02-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Am I the only one who didn't like it?

Bill Clinton a draft dodger? Not according to snoops (http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/felon.asp).

He should of at least mentioned he is pro national defense AND pro American for wanting to DECLARE war rather than allow president Obama to do whatever he wants (which is what his press release said). If it did that I would have liked it much better.

amisspelledword
02-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Kentucky is a very pro-military state, so I'm guessing they don't like draft-dodgers.

draft-dodgers == cowards

cowards =/= strong military

0zzy
02-26-2010, 03:52 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH. This ad comes out and THIS is what Hodson has to say? HAHAHAHAHA.

Grayson campaign manager Nate Hodson said voters deserve to know who Paul voted for in the 1988 presidential race. Hodson said previously that the Paul campaign had taken's Grayson's comment about Obama out of context.

"SEE! HE'S NOT REPUBLICAN! HE VOTED FOR HIS DAD, A LIBERTARIANNNNNNN"
hahahahahahahaha
hahaha

If that is supposed to be dirt, then Grayson is swimming in mud.

John Taylor
02-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Am I the only one who didn't like it?

Bill Clinton a draft dodger? Not according to snoops (http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/felon.asp).

He should of at least mentioned he is pro national defense AND pro American for wanting to DECLARE war rather than allow president Obama to do whatever he wants (which is what his press release said). If it did that I would have liked it much better.

I liked the add, it doesn't highlight any "eccentric" positions that might potentially cast Rand in a negative light, and then hammers Grayson for being a Democrat.

Galileo Galilei
02-26-2010, 05:38 PM
I liked the add, it doesn't highlight any "eccentric" positions that might potentially cast Rand in a negative light, and then hammers Grayson for being a Democrat.

A good safe ad by Rand. When you are up 21%, that is the smart thing to do.

Galileo Galilei
02-26-2010, 05:42 PM

That's tue for most people, but not for warmongers like Bill Clinton who send others to war.

John Taylor
02-26-2010, 05:45 PM
That's tue for most people, but not for warmongers like Bill Clinton who send others to war.

And we have to remember, this is the primary. We need to win the primary, get past the establishment baby-face Gray. That's the objective here.

Galileo Galilei
02-26-2010, 05:56 PM
And we have to remember, this is the primary. We need to win the primary, get past the establishment baby-face Gray. That's the objective here.

I agree with that as well. Rand simply has to avoid making any mistakes at this point, and keep doing what he is doing, without taking any chances.

Maximus
02-26-2010, 06:42 PM
That commercial is genius... Trayson got PWNED

Don't Tread on Mike
02-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Rwned!!!

Slutter McGee
02-27-2010, 01:16 AM
haha. I am drunk. but that ad is awesome. I dont know if it will work. but it is awesome.

drunk edit: or sometthing. I think they guy in the adds is the same jackass doing the Hutchinson adds here in Texas. sounds like him.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

0zzy
02-27-2010, 04:14 AM
Damn that is seriously a pathetic ad. Why does he have to mention his dad being a veteran, doesn't add value at all. I would've capitalized on the Bill Clinton vote but taking a verse of Greyson congratulating the President and looking forward to working with him is pretty uncalled for.

Can't believe Rand is stooping on playing low ball politics.

But...but... KENTUCKY! PRIMARY! REPUBLICANS!

:\.

Rand can do better for sureee.

josh.schisler
02-27-2010, 09:41 AM
But...but... KENTUCKY! PRIMARY! REPUBLICANS!

:\.

Rand can do better for sureee.

No way. He's doing exactly what Gratreyson did to him. The ads affect many people's opinions even if the logic behind the attack isn't sound.

Agorism
02-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Damn that is seriously a pathetic ad. Why does he have to mention his dad being a veteran, doesn't add value at all. I would've capitalized on the Bill Clinton vote but taking a verse of Greyson congratulating the President and looking forward to working with him is pretty uncalled for.

Can't believe Rand is stooping on playing low ball politics.

Yes, I didn't like it either.

Flash
02-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Many Republicans, especially in states like Kentucky, are sick of the Democratic Party and are deeply annoyed at Republican moderates in the Senate & the House that do nothing but negotiate and pander. Advertising Grayson as a moderate, who in the past vote for Clinton & switched parties for political gain, is beneficial for Rand. He will be able to 1) keep his base 2) may be take a few people away from Grayson not that they discovered he use to support Clinton. Honestly I think this ad was the perfect counter to Grayson's hit piece.

Remember all this really is is marketing. You're marketing a product to the people of KY. Rand has gold that he can exploit for political gain and not using it would be stupid and suicidal. I don't see how Grayson can possibly be nominated by the GOP if he is known for being pro-Clinton, Anti-Coal, and wants to work with Obama.

John Taylor
02-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Many Republicans, especially in states like Kentucky, are sick of the Democratic Party and are deeply annoyed at Republican moderates in the Senate & the House that do nothing but negotiate and pander. Advertising Grayson as a moderate, who in the past vote for Clinton & switched parties for political gain, is beneficial for Rand. He will be able to 1) keep his base 2) may be take a few people away from Grayson not that they discovered he use to support Clinton. Honestly I think this ad was the perfect counter to Grayson's hit piece.

Remember all this really is is marketing. You're marketing a product to the people of KY. Rand has gold that he can exploit for political gain and not using it would be stupid and suicidal. I don't see how Grayson can possibly be nominated by the GOP if he is known for being pro-Clinton, Anti-Coal, and wants to work with Obama.

Believe me, Rand is doing precisely what he needs to do to win the primary. He's being very conservative and very hard nosed. He's fighting hard to keep his lead, and we need to give him plenty of money to run his counter-attack ads when under siege, and plenty of positive ads when he isn't to reinforce his message with KY primary voters...

John Taylor
02-28-2010, 01:22 AM
You guys aren't thinking ahead, sure the GOP might have a blowout, but seriously Mitch McConnel house minority leader only won Kentucky by 53% to 47% in 2008! We cannot alienate the independents.

Nonsense. Rand is running two elections. The first in the primary, and the second in the general. He cannot. I repeat, he CANNOT run in the primary as he will for the general. Independents like Rand. That's the bottom line.

Galileo Galilei
02-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Nonsense. Rand is running two elections. The first in the primary, and the second in the general. He cannot. I repeat, he CANNOT run in the primary as he will for the general. Independents like Rand. That's the bottom line.

Voters also forget about minor sniping after a few months anyway.

HarryBrowneLives
02-28-2010, 07:54 PM
I like it. Makes us look prepared and gets a few jabs in at Greasy for the voters to remeber. Rand's made a statement that we will not take this kinda stuff lying down and that Greasy better come prepared when we catch the silver bullet in our teeth and hand it back to them.;)

Shotdown1027
03-01-2010, 12:53 AM
If you don't think Ron Paul used attack ads like this, or worse, then you haven't been paying attention. Go back and read about his 1996 race--he went downright negative. This is politics and it's dirty, unfortunately. However, Rand did not go negative--but he certainly should fight back.

Rand is wise to conflate Trey Grayson with Bill Clinton. It is especially useful when Grayson says he isnt really a Republican, or isn't really a Kentuckian. Rand has a quip that sounds like Reagan (yes, I know, I dislike Reagan too, but imitating his quick wit is good) and hits hard.

Personally, Im glad Rand has responded so forcefully. It might make Grayson think again before going negative (especially since the last time polling was done, Rand was ahead by 19%, then Grayson launched 3-4 attack ads, and now new polling has been done showing Rand ahead by 21%).