PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul fails to make top 10 most conservative list. LOL

sofia
02-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Ron is ranked 140th!!!!!!

what a joke....apparaently one has to be a warmonger and an enemy of civil liberties in order to qualify as "most conservative"

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2010/02/national_journa_17.php

Pennsylvania
02-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Might wanna break that link sofia

Chester Copperpot
02-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Might wanna break that link sofia

broken links are pains in the ass.. i only break em if its a poll

CharlesTX
02-26-2010, 09:17 AM
That's like Michael Jordan failing to make the top 10 best basketball players list.

sofia
02-26-2010, 09:19 AM
That's like Michael Jordan failing to make the top 10 best basketball players list.

he's ranked 140th!!!!...ROFL

Gee...I didnt know my hero was a borderline Marxist!

sofia
02-26-2010, 05:42 PM
now this crap is on front page of drudge....

dgr
02-26-2010, 05:51 PM
As an longtime registered republician I can tell you that whoever voted in the poll must have confused social conservatative and conservatative form of goverment.
Eyerbody in NC knows Richard Burr is a moderate at best, and that's only when he's placating the voters.
Show me the vote, looks made up to me

catdd
02-26-2010, 05:56 PM
who voted?

kahless
02-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Ron Paul a centrist on foreign policy? If the media reported it that way he would have won the nomination.

Update II: Many comments wonder where Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) is on our list of most conservative House members. Paul has conservative vote rankings in the economic category (85%) and the social category (73%), but his votes on foreign policy are much more centrist (53% conservative). That makes him the 140th-most conservative member in the House.

AParadigmShift
02-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Meh. . .

What's this National Journal rag that we should care?

Never heard of 'em.

:cool:

KramerDSP
02-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Wow. 1 out of every 3 comments following the article had some mention of Paul in it, whether positive or negative.

The one thing I'm starting to notice far more often now are the comments from people who say they're not crazy about Paul, but can't stand when someone calls him an isolationist or misrepresents his position. So the feeling I get is even the middle-of-the-road people are defending Paul against the ones that despise him. The middle-of-the-road people are the ones that decide elections. Just saying.

johnrocks
02-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Ron Paul a centrist on foreign policy? If the media reported it that way he would have won the nomination.

He embraces the traditional conservative foreign policy and is called a centrist, they wrap their lips around a policy known as liberal interventionism and are called conservatives:rolleyes:

jkr
02-26-2010, 06:21 PM
140 huh...not at CPAC

BlackTerrel
02-26-2010, 07:04 PM
A couple points.

1. Why angry over every slight, real or imagine? What the F is http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/ ? Have you ever heard of it before today?

2. Before you're angry and want to perceive it as a slight ask yourself what you really want. Do you want RP to be considered the "most conservative"? That's very doubtful. McCain and Obama were nominated precisely because they were considered more moderate and less conservative/liberal than most in their party - thus giving them a better chance to win the election and win over centrists. The most liberal/conservative guy is going to win the base but he's never going to win a nationwide election.

3. We don't want RP to be considered the most "right-wing" or the "most conservative".

BlackTerrel
02-26-2010, 07:05 PM
He embraces the traditional conservative foreign policy and is called a centrist, they wrap their lips around a policy known as liberal interventionism and are called conservatives:rolleyes:

You realize that being a centrist is a good thing. The majority of voters want to vote for centrists, both Obama and McCain tried to portray themselves as centrists. The guy who is the "most conservative" or "most liberal" does not win a national election.

sofia
02-26-2010, 07:11 PM
A couple points.

1. Why angry over every slight, real or imagine? What the F is http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/ ? Have you ever heard of it before today?

2. Before you're angry and want to perceive it as a slight ask yourself what you really want. Do you want RP to be considered the "most conservative"? That's very doubtful. McCain and Obama were nominated precisely because they were considered more moderate and less conservative/liberal than most in their party - thus giving them a better chance to win the election and win over centrists. The most liberal/conservative guy is going to win the base but he's never going to win a nationwide election.

3. We don't want RP to be considered the most "right-wing" or the "most conservative".

In general I would agree with you...

But in a GOP primary, "most conservative" is a winning label in most states. That's why Rand is kicking ass in KY

johnrocks
02-26-2010, 07:22 PM
You realize that being a centrist is a good thing. The majority of voters want to vote for centrists, both Obama and McCain tried to portray themselves as centrists. The guy who is the "most conservative" or "most liberal" does not win a national election.

Just thinking about how the word "conservative" has been bastardized by the neo conservative element concerning this issue, his stand is the traditional foreign policy of this nation and of conservatism in this nation.

BlackTerrel
02-26-2010, 10:04 PM
In general I would agree with you...

But in a GOP primary, "most conservative" is a winning label in most states. That's why Rand is kicking ass in KY

Maybe in a state like Kentucky. But not nationwide.

Both Huckabee and Romney would be considered more conservative than McCain. McCain was considered more centrist - and won the primary handily.

Obama was also considered less liberal and more centrist than a number of the people in the Dem primary.

Just thinking about how the word "conservative" has been bastardized by the neo conservative element concerning this issue, his stand is the traditional foreign policy of this nation and of conservatism in this nation.

It's like anything else I guess. Everyone claims that they own the "true definition". I guess it doesn't bother me because I've never considered myself a conservative and still don't. I do get annoyed when people tell me I can't be a Christian because I drink or have pre-marital sex or any other such nonsense.

Expatriate
02-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Lol...

This comment just made my day. I'm not even sure if it's a parody or not!

Ron Paul is not a conservative he is an idiot. His isolationist policy is whacko. If anyone listened to him we will all be killed by the terrorists.

gordon

johngr
02-26-2010, 11:13 PM
I'd imagine that Kuchinich or Gravel wouldn't show up too high on an MSM liberal list either. It's a matter of who runs the media and where their ethnopolitical interests lie.

Both Huckabee and Romney would be considered more conservative than McCain. McCain was considered more centrist - and won the primary handily.

McCain was annointed.

johngr
02-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Lol...

Ron Paul is not a conservative he is an idiot. His isolationist policy is whacko. If anyone listened to him we will all be killed by the terrorists.

gordon

That looks to me like it's from a Ron Paul supporter using disinfo techniques. I'd love to see more of that :)

RM918
02-27-2010, 01:25 AM
Lol...

It's too stupid to be fake.

ARealConservative
02-27-2010, 01:35 AM
That looks to me like it's from a Ron Paul supporter using disinfo techniques. I'd love to see more of that :)

sadly, no. I know many people still living in paranoidville

Juan McCain
02-27-2010, 09:32 AM

No . . . but maybe brainwashed by the disinfo techniques of Wolfe Blitzer and Hannity.

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/panamajohn/everythingok.jpg

Meh. . .

What's this National Journal rag that we should care?

Never heard of 'em.

As long as they will provide some forum, and allow our comments,
then fine . . . the neocons/TeaOcons need to start learning a bit more f'r sure.

DamianTV
02-27-2010, 11:11 AM
now this crap is on front page of drudge....

Thats just because Drudge Report has to get their news from here. THey report the news, we MAKE the news.