PDA

View Full Version : Turncoat James Dobson

Jonathon
02-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Deleted.

Keller1967
02-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Turncoat? Dobson has been like this for the past 10-20 years. Wake up, stop listening to these wolves.

jclay2
02-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Yet if Rick Perry is Governor, abortions will still happen in mass in Texas. From the data I've looked at, Texas is only marginally less in per capita abortions then the US as a whole. Most of that difference is probably due to the culture in Texas and not Rick Perry's supposed pro-life laws.

AParadigmShift
02-26-2010, 12:05 AM
The religious right tends to be a statist lot.

Touching abortion, they cannot see that their slavish devotion to upending Roe by empowering the federal gov't to act is made of the same that allowed the federal gov't to override the states in the first instance. Because if penumbras, formed by emanations, allowed for Roe against the states, the exact same witchery would be at work, only for a different outcome.

But worse yet, I think they see the neoconservative cabal as working out God's will abroad, especially in the Mideast. As if God was dependent upon the Kristols to bring about His pleasure.

Whatever, they're a tough crowd to convince otherwise.

Baptist
02-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Purporting to be pro-life and pro-liberty, James Dobson, Founder of Focus on the Family, and mainstay of conservative Christian Evangelicals, has initiated a tide of the largest Christian voting block unto the political shores of Rick Perry. His endorsement of Perry carries great weight among Evangelicals who ebb and flow with every wave of pro-life and pro-family overtures without the slightest critical thinking to temper their hasty and sheepish, almost lemming-like, herding onto slaughter by the soothsaying shepherd.

As a Christian, it is disheartening to know that other well-meaning Christians will follow his lead without the wisdom, knowledge, or understanding necessary to discern between potential liberty and certain enslavement.

James Dobson Endorsement Letter to Perry Campaign (http://rickperry.org/files/DobsonLetter.pdf)

Yeah, it's sad. Fox News is still enemy #1 for me, though. That trashy network influences more Christians than Focus on the Family.

Theocrat
02-26-2010, 01:58 AM
James Dobson also flip-flopped on his support of John McCain for President. At first, he wasn't going to support him, but then he turned around and supported him just so Obama wouldn't get into office. When it comes to civic principles, Dobson is sorely lacking. His faith in "neoconmania" is very misplaced, and worse, it's anti-Biblical.

jmdrake
02-26-2010, 04:47 AM
People should write Dr. Dobson and ask him if he supports forcing little girls to take an experimental STD vaccine.

Notice the date on the letter. He endorsed Perry 1 day before the Glenn Beck bushwack!

Does that mean this was all coordinated? Not sure. Not enough evidence. But it does mean that he didn't need the truther allegation to choose a NWO shill that wants to push STD vaccines on little girls and seize private property for a highway meant to drain away American jobs over a patriot who wants to cut taxes and reign in the power of the federal government over the states.

fisharmor
02-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Fortunately, there is a great body of libertarian writing on the root causes of this.

http://tinyurl.com/ycbjvu5

This version of statist Christianity is fairly new.

RJB
02-26-2010, 07:19 AM
I read somewhere a while back that a good portion of Dobson's money came from Blackwater.

Matt Collins
02-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Look at who he endorsed in '07/'08

reduen
02-26-2010, 11:32 PM
James Dobson also flip-flopped on his support of John McCain for President. At first, he wasn't going to support him, but then he turned around and supported him just so Obama wouldn't get into office. When it comes to civic principles, Dobson is sorely lacking. His faith in "neoconmania" is very misplaced, and worse, it's anti-Biblical.

+ (Mathew 7:15)

He use to be one of my hero's before I saw how he treated Dr. Paul....:(

Fox McCloud
02-27-2010, 12:48 AM
I read somewhere a while back that a good portion of Dobson's money came from Blackwater.

dunno about that, but I know they're on cushy terms (ie: Dobson is friends with the head of blackwater).

In any event, very disappointing, but I'm not all that surprised by this....Dobson doesn't seem to understand the difference between morality and legality--to him, anything immoral should likely be illegal, particular that of gay marriage and a number of other issues. In any event, I'd be very interested to see what he'd do with someone who ran for governor on a libertarian legal platform (gay marriage should be legal, etc), but on a personal level, condemned homosexuality. I think he'd be quite confused and ultimately condemn them for political pandering to buy votes or something of this nature, but I could be wrong....either way, I highly doubt he'd go for such a candidate, no matter how much they privately condemned homosexuality, abortion, and other things.

I came to the realization a while back that ultimately you can't legislate morality, and that, in fact, doing so ends up making people even more hostile to receiving God's Word, and that for legal consistency reasons in addition to Biblical reasons, a lot of behavior that, despite being immoral, should be allowed on a legal level.

ChaosControl
02-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Purporting to be pro-life and pro-liberty, James Dobson, Founder of Focus on the Family, and mainstay of conservative Christian Evangelicals, has initiated a tide of the largest Christian voting block unto the political shores of Rick Perry. His endorsement of Perry carries great weight among Evangelicals who ebb and flow with every wave of pro-life and pro-family overtures without the slightest critical thinking to temper their hasty and sheepish, almost lemming-like, herding onto slaughter by the soothsaying shepherd.

As a Christian, it is disheartening to know that other well-meaning Christians will follow his lead without the wisdom, knowledge, or understanding necessary to discern between potential liberty and certain enslavement.

James Dobson Endorsement Letter to Perry Campaign (http://rickperry.org/files/DobsonLetter.pdf)

If someone is pro-life, they should look at the candidates on their own and if they do they will see Medina is easily the best for the pro-life cause. I wouldn't support someone who I didn't believe was pro-life. Perry is just your average Republican, he'll say he is pro-life but never get anything done to advance the pro-life cause.

nate895
02-27-2010, 01:46 AM
People like Dobson teach what I and others like to call the "conservative social gospel," whereby they take the cushy liberal social gospel of welfare as being the heart of Christianity and substitute welfare for a conservative social program. While an integral part of Christianity, it isn't the gospel and isn't shouldn't be the first thing people think of when they think about Christianity. Christ's death on the cross to save His people from their sins is what ought to be thought about first when people think of Christianity.

I came to the realization a while back that ultimately you can't legislate morality, and that, in fact, doing so ends up making people even more hostile to receiving God's Word, and that for legal consistency reasons in addition to Biblical reasons, a lot of behavior that, despite being immoral, should be allowed on a legal level.

The idea that you cannot legislate morality is contradictory, and, therefore, absurd. Even if you have a single law on the books, and that law says "Anybody can do whatever they want," you are still legislating morality. It might not be your idea about what is/is not moral, but it is a moral code. That law is saying that the state, or any law enforcer, including an-cap security firms, should ("should" is an inherently moral/ethical word) not interfere in whatever anyone does. The question isn't whether we should legislate morality, but rather whose morality should we legislate?