PDA

View Full Version : C4L letter on guv race - candidate survey

lynnf
02-25-2010, 08:54 PM
February 25, 2010

Dear Friend of Liberty,

As your March 2nd primary approaches, I wanted to let you know the results of Campaign for Liberty's 2010 Candidate Survey.

Several weeks ago, Campaign for Liberty sent surveys to all of your candidates for Governor. The survey questions are designed to put your candidates on record on a range of Liberty issues.

Which candidates will stand for freedom and against our out of control government? Which will try to paper over their records of voting for more power for the state?

And which will just duck and hide?

Well, I have good news.

One of your candidates, Debra Medina, has answered her survey 100%.

Of course, that's no surprise, since Debra Medina is a true warrior for liberty. And she has pledged to fight the power-hungry state and its schemes to take over more and more of our lives.

She will fight against Real ID, against federal laws that intrude on Texas' sovereignty, and against the Trans-Texas Corridor. And Debra Medina has vowed to slash wasteful government spending and repeal entire taxes on Texans.

In short, Debra Medina will stand up for freedom.

Another one of your candidates, Kay Bailey Hutchinson, has given similar answers to these questions. Unfortunately, these answers don't square with her record in several places:

*** Senator Hutchinson has voted FOR REAL ID.

*** She voted to allow our privacy to be violated through the collection and digitizing of biometric information.

*** Senator Hutchinson helped fund so-called "fusion centers" that are simply statist attempts to monitor private citizens’ private information. These are the source of great concern to many of our friends in the Patriot Movement, who have been profiled and harassed, or worse, by out of control law enforcement.

Senator Hutchinson clearly has a mixed record on Liberty issues.

Finally, there's Governor Rick Perry. It seems Governor Perry would rather you not know where he stands on our issues and has refused to return his Campaign for Liberty Survey.

And that should be concerning to every Texan.

You see, Governor Perry also has a troubling record on Liberty issues, including:

*** The major promoter of the Trans-Texas Corridor.

*** Has not joined the fight to reign in out of control public sector union bosses.

*** Has not cut or even perceptively slowed the size, scope, and power of government while in office.

It is clear that only one candidate has thus far stood strong for issues important to Campaign for Liberty members.

I urge you to check the full results, and see the questions, by clicking here.

Your March 2nd primary is coming up quickly. Early voting has already begun. It is vital your candidates’ positions on Liberty issues be made clear and that as many people as possible hear these results.

If you'd like to help us distribute them to an even larger group of interested citizens, you can help by donating to Campaign for Liberty today.

But no matter what, please read and pass along the results of our Candidate Survey today.

In Liberty,

John Tate

President

Umbro2914
02-25-2010, 09:05 PM
will they run a commercial ?

TCE
02-25-2010, 09:16 PM
will they run a commercial ?

Debra doesn't support the war, so they won't :eek:

dr. hfn
02-25-2010, 09:52 PM
if they run a commercial, that'd be grand!

Nate-ForLiberty
02-25-2010, 10:45 PM
they got 5 days left

LittleLightShining
02-26-2010, 06:34 AM
Good. It looks like C4L learned a lesson from The Great Buckdoggle and are actually vetting respondents now.

invisible
02-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Good. It looks like C4L learned a lesson from The Great Buckdoggle and are actually vetting respondents now.

The problem here is that this is just a press release that only the choir will ever see. Don't expect this to be reported in the TX media. The only way for this to be effective at all is to run tv / radio commercials in the TX media, but I suppose the CFL money for that was spent on a CO neocon instead. Perhaps Debra herself can pick it up and run with it, otherwise the average Texan will never hear about this.

LittleLightShining
02-26-2010, 07:03 AM
The problem here is that this is just a press release that only the choir will ever see. Don't expect this to be reported in the TX media. The only way for this to be effective at all is to run tv / radio commercials in the TX media, but I suppose the CFL money for that was spent on a CO neocon instead. Perhaps Debra herself can pick it up and run with it, otherwise the average Texan will never hear about this.You're totally right. But I thought I'd give them a nod for it anyway. When I saw that Medina and KBH answered the same way I thought the survey was entirely useless. Which it really is, even if they do "advertise the results" they're walking a very fine line with their c4 status. I don't really think they can do ads like this everywhere. They need to find local, deep-pocketed donors willing to finance them since they assured us the Buck ad wasn't produced using general monies.

jmdrake
02-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Debra doesn't support the war, so they won't :eek:

LOL. I assume you're referrencing the Ken Buck fiasco. Anyway this letter should be turned into an ad. It's all helpful for Medina and frankly she needs all the help she can get about now.

MelissaWV
02-26-2010, 12:36 PM
they got 5 days left

That makes me suspect, sadly, that it'll be run in 6 days...