PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul hints at retirement -- or not (The Hill)

bobbyw24
02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
By Emily Goodin - 02/25/10 02:05 PM ET

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), who won last week's CPAC 2012 poll and became a cult figure in the 2008 presidential race, alluded to his possible retirement in a recent CNN interview.

Paul's office, however, said the congressman "is not retiring."

"I think that was just off-hand," his spokeswoman said. "I don't think he's thought about [retiring] at all."

In a joint interview with his son, Rand Paul, who is running for the GOP Senate nomination in Kentucky, Ron Paul said on CNN's "The Situation Room": "I'll soon retire."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/83699-ron-paul-hints-at-retirement-or-not

fj45lvr
02-25-2010, 02:24 PM
can't say that Paul shouldn't enjoy time with the wife and family instead of working all the time. He could pass the torch to a whole bunch of different mises fellows.

Andrew-Austin
02-25-2010, 02:32 PM

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), who won last week's CPAC 2012 poll and became a cult figure in the 2008 presidential race, alluded to his possible retirement in a recent CNN interview.

"I think that was just off-hand," his spokeswoman said. "I don't think he's thought about [retiring] at all."

In a joint interview with his son, Rand Paul, who is running for the GOP Senate nomination in Kentucky, Ron Paul said on CNN's "The Situation Room": "I'll soon retire."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/83699-ron-paul-hints-at-retirement-or-not

Maybe its better to fake people out and say that he is.

johnrocks
02-25-2010, 02:35 PM
I'll be so sad when he retires, I know it is just a matter of time though and I wouldn't blame him if he did.

nate895
02-25-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm betting the situation plays out like this:

He runs in 2012 and announces that he will retire from his house seat in 2012 as well.

RoamZero
02-25-2010, 04:35 PM
He's probably betting on his son taking up his cause as a newly minted senator, making it easier for him to step aside.

UtahApocalypse
02-25-2010, 04:46 PM
You cannot be in Congress and President at the same time so he will be forced to retire from congress when sworn in as President :)

libertygrl
02-25-2010, 05:06 PM

I could be wrong but in reference to Rand's possible win, I could have sworn he said jokingly to Wolf, "maybe I'll just fade away..."